• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anything You Would Never Do at a Show Again?

I do like making the Chocolate Cake, though.Phyllo dough is really thin - I mean SUPER thin - pastry dough that is used in layers. It was featured in a couple theme show recipes a few seasons ago, and although they were DELICIOUS, they were very difficult to make b/c of the phyllo dough. Here are the recipes in case you are ever up for the challenge ;) :https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/theme_show_recipes/Gruyere.pdfhttps://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/theme_show_recipes
Wow these are all great tips, great storries ladies!!

When there is chicken called for in a recipe I will ALWAYS tell the host to make sure it is at least thawed by the time I get there...there have been too many times where they hand me chicken straight out of the freezer to prep for a demo! (ditto that for ground beef!)

chefsteph07 said:
When there is chicken called for in a recipe I will ALWAYS tell the host to make sure it is at least thawed by the time I get there...there have been too many times where they hand me chicken straight out of the freezer to prep for a demo! (ditto that for ground beef!)

Mine do that too..... Why? what are they thinking??

I would have to say TAKING THEM UP ON THE COCKTAIL OR GLASS OF WINE THEY OFFER.

I did one party at a friend of my sisters' house and they offered me a glass of wine. I hadn't eaten much and am a very lightweight. Well I made the chocolate pecan lattice tart and it was a mess. I was sweating and giggling the whole time, I kept slurring and stumbling on my words, it took forever, and it looked like my 3 year old made it. AND THEN I BURNED IT! Of course they were all buzzed themselves, so everyone just laughed. But I tell that story at my shows sometimes to fill in the "silent moments".

I told my host to have all of the ingredients out and ready to go, so when I got there, the crescent rolls were warm on the counter. Then at my last show, I was using the mandolin to slice cucumbers and I said, "you can tell you have the food holder on correctly when it rests at the top of the Mandolin." Well, guess what, it wouldn't stay up there and the cucumber wouldn't slice at all. I was sweating! So I pulled out the blade and moved the adjustable lever again into place and then it worked fine! Of course no one bought the Mandolin!
Recently I have asked for volunteers to help with the recipe and they just sit there, even though I have asked the host to help out with this ahead of time. They just say "We just want to watch you cook." Oh well.
Also, I don't know if I will do a show for a catering expert again. She criticized me the entire time, I burnt the pizza, forgot the olives, and her guest to my left said "How come you always pass the products to me first, I can't even look at the catalog, waa, waa, waa! How rude! I was so upset when I left, then I couldn't get ahold of her for 6 weeks to close her show. After we closed and she got her stuff, I omited her from my contact list. But most of my shows have had super hosts and guests!!
Deb

zmom58 said:
Recently I have asked for volunteers to help with the recipe and they just sit there, even though I have asked the host to help out with this ahead of time. They just say "We just want to watch you cook." Oh well.

I have the same problem! The interactive show are NOT working for me.

cwinter474 said:
I have the same problem! The interactive show are NOT working for me.

it's all in the host coaching, ladies! You can do it!

THe show stopper recipe from a few years ago with the chocolate cups. You make them with ballons, dip in chocolate, let harden and pop the ballon. Hostess bought cheap cheap cheap ballons, the chocolate wasn't very warm and they were popping left and right - chocolate went everywhere!

ltkacz said:
THe show stopper recipe from a few years ago with the chocolate cups. You make them with ballons, dip in chocolate, let harden and pop the ballon. Hostess bought cheap cheap cheap ballons, the chocolate wasn't very warm and they were popping left and right - chocolate went everywhere!

I wasn't selling PC back then, I would LOVE to see the cups made. Would you still have the recipe and how to's??? Sounds really hard to make.

Note to self - do not buy cheap ballons.

I would make sure that I told the host to have everything in the fridge, I did one show where everything was frozen....Too way too long and was a mess. then there is the time I set my towel on fire oh well...don't want to do that again.

I always ask if the oven runs hot!

So many times AFTER the recipe is over cooked - the host says "Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my oven runs hot!". I have had 4 hosts this year with hotter than normal ovens! It has not ruined a recipe yet, just made the artichoke cups dark. I always check at the minimum time anyway, but one time, the time wasn't even close and the recipe was DONE!

Now I ALWAYS ask!

Also: CHECK the OVEN before turning it on!! Make sure nothing is in the oven!

The first August I was a consultant, I did a birthday incentive. All guests got a candy bar with a "Happy B'day" wrapper. Inside the wrappers were written bonuses like free SBRC, $1 off order, etc. The one show I had that month had several children in attendance (which I'm always careful to mention to hosts, too). All the kids took candy bars, and the parents tried to redeem multiples of the specials.I've also had issues with offering "On time drawing" incentives on invitations. One show, the husband of the host wanted the prize because he misread it as an "on time prize" not a drawing, and he was obviously there on time. :rolleyes:Same problems, again, when offering an incentive to the host for having more than 10 guests. She invited people who brought spouses, and wanted to count the spouses to get the incentive. If I offer something like this now, it'll be for # of orders, not just bodies in the seats.Now that I think of it, all these problems were with the same circle of hosts/attendees. :rolleyes:

New one as of tonite

I will always verify the hostess address. I know her from chruch so we exchanged info at chruch (packet and recipes info) So tonight I go to her house... no one is there..... I called her said "I'm here, did I get the date wrong?" Her "Oh, did I forget to tell you I moved"

One thing I will never do again.....is fail to bring my card table just in case. I was told a host would have a table to use and I didn't need one. The party was to be at 4. I got there at 3:15 only to be told "my husband is on his way with the table." So I said ok we will just do the prep work for our recipe. It was awkward going back and forth to my bag to get my tools and such. Then guests started arriving and I still didn't have the table. It was 4:15 before he showed up with the table. I recovered from it without showing irritation but in the future I will always have my table in the van just in case I need it.

ltkacz said:

WTH is a "ballon"????

Balloon..... You blow them up, and use them at kids parties, for decorations....

paigev71 said:
One thing I will never do again.....is fail to bring my card table just in case. I was told a host would have a table to use and I didn't need one. The party was to be at 4. I got there at 3:15 only to be told "my husband is on his way with the table." So I said ok we will just do the prep work for our recipe. It was awkward going back and forth to my bag to get my tools and such. Then guests started arriving and I still didn't have the table. It was 4:15 before he showed up with the table. I recovered from it without showing irritation but in the future I will always have my table in the van just in case I need it.

What type of table to you use? I'm thinking about getting a 5ft folding table that has ajustable legs for height and a handle for carrying when it is folded.

cwinter474 said:
What type of table to you use? I'm thinking about getting a 5ft folding table that has ajustable legs for height and a handle for carrying when it is folded.

What I have now is a card table I bought when I sold Tupperware (gasp....I can't believe I said that LOL). I want to get one of those that is a rectangular table that folds up small. I hear they are a lot heavier, but I find myself with not a lot of room to have a display and area to work on.

Sorry, I didn't think it was a misspelling because it was spelled "ballon" like 4 times in various postings.

Thats okay, I always get confused when Candadiens spell CATALOGUE! In my country we spell it catalog. There has been a few other words here that make me look to see where the person is from AND then it makes sense.

Not being offensive here so please don't take it personal. Its just I travel for work so when I'm on the East coast I always say "back in my country" for example, in Connecticut they call it a "pocket book" on the west coast its a purse or bag. I say FREEWAY and they say HIGHWAY. Munchkins are the little people in The Wizard of Oz, so when my coworkers were talking about eating "munchkins" I was appalled didn't know they meant donut holes. Here we say "you are all done" there they say "all set". In a fast food restaurant, here it is "for here or to go" on the East coast they say "to stay or to go". I could go on, and some of its not nice so I will stop here.
Tammy

Also: CHECK the OVEN before turning it on!! Make sure nothing is in the oven!

I have to agree! Too many times I preheated the oven at a show only to find out they stored pots and pans or once plastic (ack!) in the oven. Luckily I always caught it very early on, but still not a good thing LoL! Hubby does that too so I should be used to looking by now, but I didn't think of it at the shows.

JAE said:
Seriously? Who does that. I mean, for those of us not very technical, it's basically plastic. Who puts plastic in the oven?

My DH uncle did this.:rolleyes: HE came up to me at a reunion and said "I need to buy my wife a new one I was making spagetti and put it on the stove."

Last edited:
Not being offensive here so please don't take it personal. Its just I travel for work so when I'm on the East coast I always say "back in my country" for example, in Connecticut they call it a "pocket book" on the west coast its a purse or bag. I say FREEWAY and they say HIGHWAY. Here we say "you are all done" there they say "all set". In a fast food restaurant, here it is "for here or to go" on the East coast they say "to stay or to go". I could go on, and some of its not nice so I will stop here.
Tammy[/QUOTE]

Sorry I know you arent being offensive and I don't take it as that but I also think that it varies state to state beyond coastal differences. Where in NY I would always say and here for here or to go I've never heard or said to stay or to go. I get the freeway highway thing too but I knew a girl in college who was from Delaware and she called it a freeway too and it's still the east coast. I was born and raised in NY on the east coast. My sister also was but now lives in CA. so I always hear about the differences from her.;) I just found your post to be enlightening and funny as well.

Katie, funny thing too I spent 19 weeks in Hartford CT and then 13 weeks in Stamford. The people in Hartford sounded and acted more like people from BOSTON and the people in Stamford were like NEW YORKERS!! And its a teeny tiny itty bitty little state! (I'm originally from Cali) it was pretty funny. But as I said in a previous post, not a fan of the snow or cold weather so I will not go back anytime soon. I did renew my Connecticut license just in case!
Tammy

I will never let anyone over 80yrs old come to a show! I had the worst night ever! I made the carmel apple tartlets, got out the apple corer peeler slicer, did a apple or two, someone asked about it, I answered, then she answered "couldn't you just get a knife and peel and cut up the apple?... Got out the chopper, "couldn't you just dice the apples with a knife?... Got out the measure all, "couldn't you use any glass?... the batter bowl, "wouldn't any microwave bowl work?"..... you get the idea, I mean she shot EVERYTHING down and alot of the people just kept agreeing with her. Horriable party 9 people $128 in sales and NO bookings. Heck by the time she was done, I was about in tears and wondering why I've spent so much money on PC items......

(sorry big vent)

You poor thing! I occasionally have that kind of person. Here are my responses:Yes, you could. I bet you're a whiz with a knife. However, most of us aren't. I almost never made anything I had to peel, core, and slice apples for before I got my APCS.Well, no, not just any glass would work. If you had one that was exactly the same diameter, that one would work. Plus, you can't use your glass to measure out the caramel and then shoot it out slick as a whistle.Sure, a microwave-safe bowl would work. But, most don't have the great measurements, don't have a lid, don't have a pour spout, and can't be used in the oven.Don't worry. Your PC products are well worth the money. ;)

cwinter474 said:
I will never let anyone over 80yrs old come to a show! I had the worst night ever! I made the carmel apple tartlets, got out the apple corer peeler slicer, did a apple or two, someone asked about it, I answered, then she answered "couldn't you just get a knife and peel and cut up the apple?... Got out the chopper, "couldn't you just dice the apples with a knife?... Got out the measure all, "couldn't you use any glass?... the batter bowl, "wouldn't any microwave bowl work?"..... you get the idea, I mean she shot EVERYTHING down and alot of the people just kept agreeing with her. Horriable party 9 people $128 in sales and NO bookings. Heck by the time she was done, I was about in tears and wondering why I've spent so much money on PC items......

(sorry big vent)

That's horrible! What did the host think?

That stinks! I hate it when I have negative nelly's there! They can just suck all of the fun out of a show!

pamperedlinda said:
That's horrible! What did the host think?

After the lady left, she just kept apologizing. I said that's ok, let's work on some outside order to get your total up. Then we moved her closing date. She feels really bad for me. I feel for her, she was being nice and invited the lady from her church, the woman had made a comment that she is never invited to any parties. Now we know why.

I'm hopeful that it will turn out. The hostess is motivated.

raebates said:
You poor thing! I occasionally have that kind of person. Here are my responses:

Yes, you could. I bet you're a whiz with a knife. However, most of us aren't. I almost never made anything I had to peel, core, and slice apples for before I got my APCS.

Well, no, not just any glass would work. If you had one that was exactly the same diameter, that one would work. Plus, you can't use your glass to measure out the caramel and then shoot it out slick as a whistle.

Sure, a microwave-safe bowl would work. But, most don't have the great measurements, don't have a lid, don't have a pour spout, and can't be used in the oven.

OH, wise PC lady..... I humble to your wisdon:chef:

I wish I had these quick snappy answers last night. I guess they come with experiance. I think I will start another post for snappy comebacks for us newbies!
(Don't get me wrong, I had a few comebacks of my own:D, but you would have been proud of me, I kept them to myself and kept on going)

I'm very proud of you. Keeping those "snappy comebacks" to yourself takes wisdom and maturity.

DebbieJ said:
Anything with Phyllo dough.

I second that one! My very first show, I (stupidly) decided to make phyllo-wrapped asparagus. Boy, was that a mistake!! It turned out to be a great show and everyone had fun, but it was very stressful for me.

I have heard nothing good about the Phyllo dough. I will NOT be doing anything with it. geeze, sounds like a nightmare.

cwinter474 said:
My directior tells a story where she went to a house, they let her in, there were several people there all very nicely dressed in dark suits and dresses, they let her set up in the dining room because she asked where the kitchen was. She noticed there was quite a bunch of food already there. She got everything set up and sorta just was there, and then asked who was "so and so" because it was an over the phone booking with a lady she had never met.... they told her that she didn't live there, that they thought she was from one of the chruches bringing food for the family. The wife of the man that lived there had passed away and the funeral was later that evening.

Can you imaging!!!!

OMG!!! It's bad, but that made me laugh out loud!! I can't imagine that at all!!! :eek:

PChefPEI said:
OMG!!! It's bad, but that made me laugh out loud!! I can't imagine that at all!!! :eek:

I can't believe they let her get completly set up before someone said something!!!!

Chef Kearns said:
I will never demo the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. They are soooo yummy, but the darned things are too much work with peeling the Rolos and stuff!

Suggestion - use a bag of mini Rolos, as they are not wrapped. And for the chocolate you're supposed to melt and drizzle, get a bottle of chocolate syrup. Makes them much easier to make!

chefsteph07 said:

Yep, that's happened to me too! Asked a host for the chicken for making the jerk chicken nachos, and there she goes, reaching into her freezer!! Then, there was a mad dash to cook it all before the show was ready to start. Of course, I take most of the blame for that, because if my host coaching skills had of been up to par, this would not have happened!!

PChefPEI said:
Yep, that's happened to me too! Asked a host for the chicken for making the jerk chicken nachos, and there she goes, reaching into her freezer!! Then, there was a mad dash to cook it all before the show was ready to start. Of course, I take most of the blame for that, because if my host coaching skills had of been up to par, this would not have happened!!

Everytime I hear this or it happens to me, I think "What are they thinking????" Why would you NOT defrost the chicken!!!!!!

cwinter474 said:
Everytime I hear this or it happens to me, I think "What are they thinking????" Why would you NOT defrost the chicken!!!!!!

You do have a point. What recipe, ANY recipe, is ever started with FROZEN chicken!! :rolleyes:

cwinter474 said:
After the lady left, she just kept apologizing. I said that's ok, let's work on some outside order to get your total up. Then we moved her closing date. She feels really bad for me. I feel for her, she was being nice and invited the lady from her church, the woman had made a comment that she is never invited to any parties. Now we know why.

I'm hopeful that it will turn out. The hostess is motivated.

I guess you do know why! LORD, what is wrong with people!! She could have kept those comments to herself and just not placed an order! Hope the show turns out okay and that the host gets lots of outside orders.

PChefPEI said:
I guess you do know why! LORD, what is wrong with people!! She could have kept those comments to herself and just not placed an order! Hope the show turns out okay and that the host gets lots of outside orders.

Some people think that the world needs to hear every little thought that pops into their head. They have no internal editor to determine if it's actually appropriate or not.

PChefPEI said:

This happened for me with BACON AND CHICKEN for the Chicken Club Brunch Ring. And I know we discussed it on the phone since the conversation went like this:
I told her she neeed to have the Bacon and Chicken cooked before I got there. Then she yelled "Cooked??? Cooked??? You don't COOK bacon! You FRY it." So I told her however she cooked it so it wasn't RAW when I got there, I didn't care. So she explained to me AGAIN that you don't cook bacon, you fry it. So I told her, yes, please have the bacon fried and the Chicken cooked before I got there. (Geez.)

So you would think she would have remembered! Then I asked for the chicken and bacon right before the show to get things set up and she didn't even know if she had any chicken in the house! Good thing she had some frozen, so we cooked it up!

I don't know how any other degree of host coaching would have helped...Except I now go over ALL ingredients AS SOON as I get to the house, so if any are missing, the host can find a way to get the item. lol

All of these ingredient mishaps is EXACTLY why I bring the ingredients and they reimburse me at close. Makes my life MUCH easier and less stressful!

In defense of Phyllo DoughIn defense of Phyllo Dough...I love it!!!!

The trick that I have learned is to dampen a TPC kitchen towel (or two...my DH and I usually do the asparagus spears together, so we each take a stack). The TPC towels are the perfect size and don't produce fuzzies. Lay the towel over the stack of phyllo dough, and go to town. As long as you don't let the sheets dry out, they work perfectly (almost) every time. I had a roommate at one time who was Greek and taught me how to make Baklavah (sp?)...I learned the towel trick from her. Hmmm...need to find that recipe!!!

Give it a try...I find that the little bit of extra effort that Phyllo Dough requires is well worth the unbelievably flaky results! Ever had Baklavah (sp?)?...now, that's work! But it's not the Phyllo Dough that makes it hard...it's everything else involved!!!

HTH...SIID!!!

KellyTheChef said:
All of these ingredient mishaps is EXACTLY why I bring the ingredients and they reimburse me at close. Makes my life MUCH easier and less stressful!

I have been on the fence with this - and I agree that it would eliminate SO many issues! But my stores s*ck around here for having things in stock - so I could see myself running around from store to store trying to find an ingredient. Can I tell you how many times our plum tomatoes have fruit flys or are mushy!!??:eek: Or the Crescent rolls all have expired dates on them-hello?? Unfortunately, I could go on and on.

So that holds me back. Then there are the times I have weeknight or Friday night shows that I need to go to right from work!!

Kelly, wondering if you ever have an issue with the host wanting to pay you back? How do you word it to them. I have been thinking about this and I really think it is the way to go.

cwinter474 said:
Kelly, wondering if you ever have an issue with the host wanting to pay you back? How do you word it to them. I have been thinking about this and I really think it is the way to go.

In my host coaching, I just mention it matter of factly....this is something I do as a bonus to my hosts, and to help alleviate stress for me (tell them about hosts who have purchased the wrong items and then we are winging the recipe with incorrect stuff). Then, I tell them ahead of time that when we close out their show, I will settle up with them then. That way, if they want to put it on their debit card or something, I just add it to their total order.

I also have them pay me for their postage if their show does not hit $1,000.

Just recently, I had a host who I think was really tight on money. She called me the day before her show and asked what the ingredients were, so if she had them on hand could we use her stuff. It ended up that she provided the chicken (for Chicken Enchilada Ring) and the sour cream.

I have found that if you just word it like "this is the way I do business and this is how I handle it" they just take it in stride. When I first started doing it, I sounded wishy-washy and got a lot of flack from them. Once I took control, I have had no problems!

Re: In defense of Phyllo Dough
nikked said:
In defense of Phyllo Dough...I love it!!!!

The trick that I have learned is to dampen a TPC kitchen towel (or two...my DH and I usually do the asparagus spears together, so we each take a stack). The TPC towels are the perfect size and don't produce fuzzies. Lay the towel over the stack of phyllo dough, and go to town. As long as you don't let the sheets dry out, they work perfectly (almost) every time. I had a roommate at one time who was Greek and taught me how to make Baklavah (sp?)...I learned the towel trick from her. Hmmm...need to find that recipe!!!

Give it a try...I find that the little bit of extra effort that Phyllo Dough requires is well worth the unbelievably flaky results! Ever had Baklavah (sp?)?...now, that's work! But it's not the Phyllo Dough that makes it hard...it's everything else involved!!!

HTH...SIID!!!

Yes, you are right, when the dough is kept moist, it does handle better, but it's still time consuming (in my opinion). But, please, when you find your recipe for Baklavah, I would love it if you would post. They are sooooo delicious!!!

This recipe is for Baklava BARS...similar in taste, and WAY EASIER!! Now, it does NOT replace baklava, but if you want the taste without the hours of work, these are super! I got tons of compliments on these! I think I got them off of the Betty Crocker website....

Here are the baklava bars. It only called for 8 of the 12 phylo shells to be used. I decided to crumble up 8 and add to the filling part, then crumble the remaining 4 on the top before baking the second time. I also decreased the amount of chopped walnuts to 1 cup.

Baklava Bars (Cookie Mix)

292 Ratings
53 Reviews
Prize-Winning Recipe 2007! Love classic Baklava? Fall in love with an easy way to get the same Greek signature flavors using cookie mix and crushed fillo shells.

Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 50 min
Makes:24 bars

Cookie Base
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 egg
Filling
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 frozen mini fillo shells (from 2.1-oz package)
Glaze
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Garnish
5 tablespoons honey

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir walnuts, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the salt with fork until mixture is well mixed and crumbly.
4. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over partially baked base. With hands, crumble frozen fillo shells evenly over nut mixture. Bake 18 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/3 cup honey, 2 tablespoons butter, the brown sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon uncovered on High 1 minute or until bubbly. Stir in vanilla.
6. Drizzle honey mixture evenly over fillo. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
7. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Before serving, drizzle 1/2 teaspoon honey over each bar. Store covered at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 2, bake crust 17 minutes.

Nutrition Information:

1 Serving: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Newbie bump

<h2>1. What is the biggest mistake you've made at a Pampered Chef show and will never do again?</h2><p>The biggest mistake I've made at a show was not being prepared with all the necessary supplies and ingredients for a recipe. This resulted in a lot of wasted time and a less-than-perfect demonstration. Now, I always make sure to double check my list and have everything I need before the show starts.</p><h2>2. Is there a product that you've stopped demonstrating because it didn't receive a good response from customers?</h2><p>Yes, there was one product that I stopped demonstrating because it didn't seem to interest or appeal to my customers. Instead, I focus on showcasing products that have received positive feedback and have proven to be popular with my audience.</p><h2>3. Have you ever had a recipe fail during a demonstration and how did you handle it?</h2><p>Yes, I have had a recipe fail during a demonstration. It can be embarrassing and frustrating, but the key is to stay calm and improvise. I always have a backup plan in case something goes wrong, and I try to make light of the situation and keep the atmosphere light and fun.</p><h2>4. Are there any products or ingredients that you avoid using at shows due to allergies or dietary restrictions?</h2><p>Yes, I always make sure to ask my guests beforehand if anyone has any allergies or dietary restrictions. I avoid using products or ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction or are not suitable for certain diets. It's important to accommodate all guests and make sure everyone can enjoy the demonstration.</p><h2>5. How do you handle a difficult or uninterested audience during a show?</h2><p>If I encounter a difficult or uninterested audience, I try to engage them by asking questions and getting them involved in the demonstration. I also make sure to keep the energy and enthusiasm high to keep everyone engaged. If all else fails, I focus on the guests who are interested and make sure they have a great experience.</p>

Related to Anything You Would Never Do at a Show Again?

1. What is the biggest mistake you've made at a Pampered Chef show and will never do again?

The biggest mistake I've made at a show was not being prepared with all the necessary supplies and ingredients for a recipe. This resulted in a lot of wasted time and a less-than-perfect demonstration. Now, I always make sure to double check my list and have everything I need before the show starts.

2. Is there a product that you've stopped demonstrating because it didn't receive a good response from customers?

Yes, there was one product that I stopped demonstrating because it didn't seem to interest or appeal to my customers. Instead, I focus on showcasing products that have received positive feedback and have proven to be popular with my audience.

3. Have you ever had a recipe fail during a demonstration and how did you handle it?

Yes, I have had a recipe fail during a demonstration. It can be embarrassing and frustrating, but the key is to stay calm and improvise. I always have a backup plan in case something goes wrong, and I try to make light of the situation and keep the atmosphere light and fun.

4. Are there any products or ingredients that you avoid using at shows due to allergies or dietary restrictions?

Yes, I always make sure to ask my guests beforehand if anyone has any allergies or dietary restrictions. I avoid using products or ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction or are not suitable for certain diets. It's important to accommodate all guests and make sure everyone can enjoy the demonstration.

5. How do you handle a difficult or uninterested audience during a show?

If I encounter a difficult or uninterested audience, I try to engage them by asking questions and getting them involved in the demonstration. I also make sure to keep the energy and enthusiasm high to keep everyone engaged. If all else fails, I focus on the guests who are interested and make sure they have a great experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies