1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings What days/nights do you have your best shows?

1. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

What days or nights do you have your best shows? My director says she usually has her best shows on Friday nights? What days or nights do you tend to have the best shows as far as attendance? I am trying to figure out when I should schedule to have shows. I might do Friday and Tuesday nights and every once in a while a Saturday. Do any of you have good attendance on Saturdays? If it is not a good attendance day, I am not sure if I should offer it. Thanks so much.
    Katie

Jul 12, 2009
  2. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I think it depends on your area and the time of year.

I'm in the middle of no where. Weekends don't get great attendance here because most families go out of town. Sunday nights can be decent but Friday or Sat is not good. I always try to know sports nights and Wed. is church night.

Know your area and your hosts and you will find an answer that works best for YOUR business.

Jul 12, 2009
  3. I'm just starting out but I can say I've had awesome attendance on Friday nights. It depends on the crowd though because if a lot of the attendees are people who go out a lot on weekends, Fridays aren't so good.

Jul 12, 2009
  4. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I LOVE Friday night shows...it seems to not interfere w/ everyone's weekend that way...

Jul 12, 2009
  5. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

When do YOU want to work? Those are the days that will work best for you. I've found that the rare times I worked on a day that I really didn't want to, it just didn't feel good to me and I think that gets transmitted to the host/guest.

You set the days that you'd like to work and offer those. I don't work Sunday (unless a wedding shower show comes up), Wednesday or Friday.

Jul 12, 2009
  6. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

Thanks, I am thinking about how to scedule my calendar. My director says for the fall/winter/spring she has the best shows and attendance for Friday night shows. She said Saturday is her 2nd best day. She also told me that during the summer it is best not to have shows on the weekends since people go out of town.

I was thinking of having shows on Friday nights. I don't know what other night to pick. I could do either Tuesday or Thursday night. I only want to do one show a week while I am in grad school. I'm working towards a Masters degree in Early Intervention, which is a teacher for children with special needs age 8 and under. Anyway, when I graduate in the spring, the school told us that there are no teaching jobs for us. This is because of the economy and budget cuts. This is the first time in the history of the University that I attend that this has eve happened. Usually every graduate from my program gets 2 at least 2-3 job offers. Therefore, when I graduate in April I am going to do subsitute teaching and Pampered Chef. When I graduate I want to do 2 shows a week consistantly.

Thanks for answering my questions. I am trying to get an idea about what are the best days/nights to do a show. I really appreciate your input!

Jul 17, 2009
  7. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Friday nights are almost as popular as Sunday afternoons. For some reason, people aren't big fans of Saturday.

Jul 17, 2009
  8. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

I find Monday nights are best for weeknights. Seems people aren't as tired as in middle of the week. Plus there are no school/sporting events (at least around here). Friday nights usually have good attendance too.

9. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

I have great turnouts on Thursday nights. Mondays are good too for me.

Jul 17, 2009
  10. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

Weird, my best shows are typically held on a Tuesday night LOL I have no idea why and I don't ask LOL But every show on a Tuesday night has been over $700. When I have a show on a Friday or Saturday I barely make the $500 mark.

Jul 17, 2009
  11. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

It seems like it vary's with everyone lol

Jul 17, 2009
  12. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I have found that almost any night or day will be great if I expect it to be great. I had awesome weekend shows for years when my kids were young. Now that they are 12 and 14 (and into activities) I recently started to do shows only on Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri. I just stopped doing Wed nights for a league.

Sadly, it took me almost 11 years to find that it's all in my attitude on whether or not I have a good turn out.

Jul 18, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted