• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gas Prices Too High Given as Reason Not to Book a Show?

In summary, the high gas price is causing difficulties for consultants booking shows for Pampered Chef due to increased travel expenses and lower attendance. As a consultant, you can mitigate the impact by booking shows closer to home, encouraging carpooling and virtual shows, and offering incentives for customers. Alternative options such as virtual shows and local events can also help. Communicate the issue to potential hosts and customers and know that Pampered Chef is offering support and resources during this time.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I posted this inside another thread...but then I thought it may be something that could help out a bunch of folks get some bookings...So I wanted to give it it's own thread!!

We talked about this last night when we were brain storming ideas for solutions when we get excuses why someone may not want to have a show....

When the reason someone gives for not doing a show is they don't want their friends and family to have to use gas and come to their house...offer to do an online/conference call show!

~They email and/or mail out invites
~At the appointed time, everyone calls into the conference call number (you can get this on freeconferencecall.com I think....)
~The consultant does a "show" via the phone! You would definately have to ask for a lot of participation from the "guests" so they can talk about their positive experiences with certain products.
~Then, orders are collected. (They can call the host or order online...you give them your website and they order under the host's name.)

Hope this all makes sense!

Makes sense & sounds good thanks. I was also thinking about if people car pooled to save gas I would give a prize...:)

It might have been here, but I heard the idea of giving a prize to the person that drives the furthest.

what a great idea Kelly! Thanks!

What a neat idea Kelly!

1. Why is the high gas price affecting booking shows for Pampered Chef?

The high gas price is affecting booking shows for Pampered Chef because it makes it more expensive for consultants to travel to and from shows, which can cut into their profits. Additionally, customers may be less likely to attend shows if they need to travel long distances, leading to lower attendance and sales.

2. What can I do as a consultant to address the issue of high gas prices?

As a consultant, you can try to book shows that are closer to your home to reduce travel costs. You can also encourage your customers to carpool or host virtual shows to reduce the need for travel. Additionally, offering discounts or incentives for customers who live further away can help offset the cost of gas for both you and them.

3. Are there any alternatives to traditional in-person shows that can help mitigate the impact of high gas prices?

Yes, there are alternative options such as hosting virtual shows or setting up a booth at local events or fairs. These options can help reduce the need for travel and still allow you to connect with potential customers and make sales.

4. How can I communicate the issue of high gas prices to potential hosts and customers?

You can mention the issue of high gas prices in your host and customer communication, such as in your show invitations or social media posts. You can also explain the impact it has on your business and how they can help by carpooling or hosting virtual shows.

5. Is there anything Pampered Chef is doing to help consultants during this time of high gas prices?

Pampered Chef is constantly monitoring the situation and providing support and resources for consultants to help them navigate the challenges of high gas prices. This includes offering virtual show training, tips for reducing travel costs, and promoting alternative show options. We are committed to supporting our consultants and their businesses during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedbecky