• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Book Show: What to Send & Tips for Success

In summary, the conversation discusses the number of books and order forms to send for a book show with a host. Different opinions are shared, ranging from 2-3 catalogs and 5 order forms, to 4-5 catalogs and 10 order forms. Sending a routing slip and including contact information on the catalog are also mentioned. The speaker also mentions scaling back the number of catalogs due to online ordering.
SandiLeigh
How many books to you send out to your Host who is doing a book show for you?

This is my first time doing a catalogue show for someone I didn't really know so I am just wondering what the best way to go with a book show to ensure a good turn out.

Thanks

Sandra

I send the host 3 or 4 catalogs and 1 mini catalog.

I usually send 2 or 3 catalogs and start them off with 5 order forms. I also email them the OOF so they can make as many copies as they need without adding to the weight of the mailer... if I'm handing them a packet I ask how many books they want but most don't want more than 5...

3-4 depending on the mood I'm in!

I used to send 4, but I'm scaling my packets back to 3. With online ordering, hosts don't need as many, and I'm happy to send more if they do need them. If they're passing them around an office, they can attach a routing slip to one book. That's a form with the names of everyone in the department/team. As someone finishes with the book, they cross their name off and pass it to the next person.For catalog shows, I try to put my info and the close date on the front of the catalog, too. That way, prospective guests can contact me directly if they have questions.

I have a catalogue show closing in a week and a half... I sent out 5 catalogues and 6 order forms... Canada Post charged me $10 :grumpy:
Thank goodness the person whos doing the catalogue show is my mom, or I wouldnt have spent that much sending it out.

4 or 5 ... and at least 10 order forms. My last catalog host had 14 orders.I prefer not to ask them to make copies ... my feeling is give them order forms and they will fill them.Significantly less if it is being mailed.

Related to Hosting a Book Show: What to Send & Tips for Success

1. What should I include in my invitation for a book show?

When sending out invitations for a book show, be sure to include the date, time, and location of the event. You should also mention any special offers or promotions that will be available during the show. It's also a good idea to include a brief description of what a book show is and why it would be beneficial for your friends and family to attend.

2. How can I make my book show a success?

The key to a successful book show is to invite a good number of people and make sure they are excited to attend. You can do this by offering incentives such as discounts, free products, or even hosting a raffle. It's also important to have a good variety of products on display and to make sure your guests feel comfortable asking questions and trying out the products.

3. Should I provide snacks or refreshments at the book show?

It's always a nice touch to offer some light refreshments at your book show. This can help create a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. However, it's not necessary and should not be a major expense for you as the host. Simple finger foods, like fruit or cheese and crackers, are usually sufficient.

4. How do I handle orders and payments at the book show?

During the book show, it's important to have a designated area for guests to place their orders and make payments. You can either collect payments at the time of the order or offer the option for guests to pay online later. It's also a good idea to have order forms and pens readily available for guests to fill out.

5. What should I do after the book show is over?

After the book show, it's important to follow up with your guests. This can include sending thank you notes or emails, as well as checking in to see if they have any further questions or need assistance with their orders. You can also offer to host another book show for them in the future or provide information on how they can become a host themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cochef
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • chellb1234