• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Mile Earning with Credit Cards: A Beginner's Guide

They have a lot of options for earning miles and their APRs are generally lower than other credit cards. In summary, earning miles from credit cards is a common practice where you can earn one mile for every dollar spent. It is important to be disciplined in paying off the balance to avoid interest fees. There are various credit cards that offer miles for specific airlines or any airline of your choice. Some good options include the Alaska Airlines Card, Capital One, and American Express. It is important to research the cardholder agreement to determine how many miles are needed to fly. It is also important to be cautious about high APRs when using credit cards for miles.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Can someone please explain to me how earning miles from credit cards works?

I have heard several in my cluster boast how they didn't have to pay for the plane ticket to this Nat Conf because they had enough miles to get it for free.

Does only a certain type of c/c do this? Which one is the best??

There are a million credit cards that will offer you miles for the money you spend (usually one mile for one dollar spent). Here in Alaska everyone carries the Alaska Airlines Card from Bank of America and uses it for everything. Caution: you need to be very disciplined if you try the "use it all month and pay it in full" trick to get miles quickly. I do NOT have the discipline! :cool:

Some of the cards offer miles on one airline only (Alaska Air) but there are some that you can use for any airline (my friend has a Capital One she really likes and we have a Wells Fargo card). You would want to check the cardholder agreement to get an idea how many miles you need to fly.

I hope this helps!

Jill

Please be careful when getting cc for the miles, many times if you don't pay the balance off every month you will spend more on interest in the long run than you would just buying a ticket to chicago in cash.

From someone who is not disciplined enough to have a cc! I pay cash!

U can also earn...free miles for free tickets with the airlines...

I have "ONE PASS" with Continental.com

Southwest use to have one, just to to "iflyswa.com"

most airlines use to offer and many do for free.

Good Luck.

Liz

naekelsey said:
Can someone please explain to me how earning miles from credit cards works?

I have heard several in my cluster boast how they didn't have to pay for the plane ticket to this Nat Conf because they had enough miles to get it for free.

Does only a certain type of c/c do this? Which one is the best??

Thanks for the answers. Is there such thing of a good APR with earning miles?

Good LUck on that one :) maybe...
naekelsey said:
Thanks for the answers. Is there such thing of a good APR with earning miles?

Try Capital one??

they claim to have no black out dates, etc. I have them for most of my banking as my former bank Hibernia became Capital One, I"m not totally happy with them but they're ok.

Liz

Also, try American Express.

Related to Understanding Mile Earning with Credit Cards: A Beginner's Guide

1. How do I earn miles with credit cards?

With most credit cards, you can earn miles by making purchases. Some cards offer a flat rate on all purchases, while others may offer bonus miles for specific categories such as travel or dining. You can also earn miles through sign-up bonuses, referral bonuses, and by using your card for certain airline or hotel purchases.

2. Can I redeem miles for anything besides flights?

Yes, many credit card miles can also be redeemed for hotel stays, rental cars, and other travel expenses. Some cards also offer the option to redeem miles for cash back, gift cards, or merchandise. It's important to check the redemption options for your specific credit card.

3. Are there any fees or restrictions for using miles?

Some credit cards may have annual fees associated with earning and redeeming miles. Additionally, there may be restrictions on which flights or hotels you can use your miles for, as well as blackout dates or limited availability. It's important to read the terms and conditions of your credit card carefully.

4. Do miles expire?

This varies depending on the credit card issuer and program. Some miles may expire after a certain amount of time, while others may not have an expiration date. It's important to check the terms and conditions of your specific credit card to understand the expiration policy for your miles.

5. Can I transfer miles to another person?

In most cases, no. Miles earned through credit cards are typically tied to the account holder and cannot be transferred to another person. However, some credit card companies may allow you to transfer miles to a spouse or domestic partner. It's important to check with your credit card issuer for their specific policy on transferring miles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies