• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why was my credit card bill late? The foreign call station's mistake revealed

In summary, the person's credit card was late paying their bill and because of that they were charged late fees and over limit fees. They were able to fix the situation by speaking to a supervisor and getting all the fees removed.
lockhartkitchen
I received an email from my credit card saying I was late paying my bill. One month ago, I tried setting up online pay and couldn't get it to work. The person on the other line couldn't speak English well and said computers were down. Have tried several times throughout the month, but didn't have a statement to mail in.

Out of sight out of mind. I call and pay by phone and ask to speak to tech department. According to their records I was born in 1919. Hello!! No wonder I couldn't set up my account. I'm not a spring chicken, but I'm not THAT old. He fixes it, I set up my payments and call back to another department to get credited for the late charges which then gave me over the limit charges. The man (again couldn't speak English) was rude and said it wasn't their fault and they can't control when the computers are down. Uggh. He didn't get it. He said it was my fault. He said it had the correct birth date. Yes!! It was just changed.

Long story short! After asking for a supervisor several times, he refused then hung up on me. Call again, and a lady ask what the issue is. Your birthdate is 1919? Hello? I tell her I'd be a miracle baby. Supervisor please. I finally got a hold of a supervisor when I called back. I explained the issue. She took off ALL the fees, etc. and apologized for the man's rude behavior. Don't settle when you know you are right!!

Don't even get me started on this issue!

So sorry that you had to go through it, good thing you kept at it and finally got someone who would/could help you.

Just curious is this for a Macy's account?
I had the same thing, they kept sending me notices about my acount being overdue, I'd call they's tell me my checks were returned for insufficient funds (ummmm, no they weren't)
Then he told me I had 3 charges of 25 cents each that were due immediately or I'd lose my card with them. I disputed it, what do they even sell for a quater and why would I make the transaction 3 times??
Next time I went to use my card it was declined the account was closed!!

I refuse to spend any time anymore with anyone who cannot speak good clear english. I'm an American in America and I'll not waste my precious time trying to make sure a foreigner is understanding me. If I can't understand them right from the start... I just ask for a supervisor right away and I've been told that if I ask specifically for someone who speaks CLEAR and UNDERSTANDABLE English... that they are not supposed to refuse you so you did totally the right thing in continuing to pursue your rights! Way to go!

quiverfull7 said:
I refuse to spend any time anymore with anyone who cannot speak good clear english. I'm an American in America and I'll not waste my precious time trying to make sure a foreigner is understanding me. If I can't understand them right from the start... I just ask for a supervisor right away and I've been told that if I ask specifically for someone who speaks CLEAR and UNDERSTANDABLE English... that they are not supposed to refuse you so you did totally the right thing in continuing to pursue your rights! Way to go!

I TOTALLY agree! I have been frustrated more times than I can count just trying to be understood when speaking clear English.....and trying to understand someone who doesn't.
This was actually an issue at PC Solution Center until recently.....I'm thrilled that they heard all of the complaints - I haven't had this issue at all this season!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
I TOTALLY agree! I have been frustrated more times than I can count just trying to be understood when speaking clear English.....and trying to understand someone who doesn't.
This was actually an issue at PC Solution Center until recently.....I'm thrilled that they heard all of the complaints - I haven't had this issue at all this season!:thumbup:

That is SO true! When I first joined PC in mid 06 nearly everyone I spoke with was English challenged! Now that you mention this... it's been SUPER the last quite a few months. I recall telling my recruits not to put up with it but I don't think they have even had to encounter it! YEA!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started with this! :grumpy: I don't buy by phone from Office Depot for one for this very reason. I swear those people are in another country. In fact, I had an issue with something from vistaprint a while back and had to wait a few days to get through to anyone because the offices were closed because of a hurricaine - I forget where but it was Central or South America. I felt concern for them but I also wondered why people in they US couldn't have those jobs.

And when did it become okay for people to move here and not learn the language?

I made a call to HO twice recently and got people with thick accents...

Unfortunately, there is no official language of the US, so there's no way to force people to learn English. Which is why stores that specialize in foreign items (like Asian markets, etc.) don't have to have signs that are also in English. Ugh. (That's another pet peeve of mine.)

Well... my inlaws immigrated here as well as many others in our church and some of them have been here over 50 years... learned the language very well but still have thick brogues... but at least THEY understand what I am saying and they use correct English when speaking. These foreign operators don't even understand much less speak English correctly.

BethCooks4U said:
Don't get me started with this! :grumpy: I don't buy by phone from Office Depot for one for this very reason. I swear those people are in another country. In fact, I had an issue with something from vistaprint a while back and had to wait a few days to get through to anyone because the offices were closed because of a hurricaine - I forget where but it was Central or South America. I felt concern for them but I also wondered why people in they US couldn't have those jobs.

And when did it become okay for people to move here and not learn the language?

I made a call to HO twice recently and got people with thick accents...
They are in Manilla. I had to deal with them earlier this year. I called and spoke to them everyday for a week. Finally I went back to the store and told the manager I was done and that he could deal with them and I wasn't leaving the store until I had a resolution......funny, had my problem resolved in less than 30 minutes.....and he even drove to Savannah (4 hour drive from here) to get me a new laptop. Kudos to him....but I don't shop at OD anymore.

1. What is a foreign call station?

A foreign call station is a service center located outside of the country where a company's headquarters is based. This means that the customer service representatives answering calls may be located in a different country and may speak a different language than the customers they are assisting.

2. Are there any benefits to using a foreign call station?

Yes, there are several benefits to using a foreign call station. It allows companies to provide 24/7 customer service, as they can have call centers in different time zones. It also helps companies save on labor costs, as call center employees in some countries may be paid less than those in the company's home country.

3. How can I ensure that my issue will be understood and resolved when speaking to a foreign call center representative?

Our foreign call center representatives go through extensive training to ensure they can effectively communicate with customers in different languages and cultures. They also have access to translation tools and resources to help them understand and resolve customer issues.

4. Can I request to speak to a representative in my own language when calling a foreign call station?

Yes, most foreign call stations have representatives who can speak multiple languages. When calling, you can request to speak to a representative who speaks your language. However, please note that this may result in longer wait times as there may be a limited number of representatives who speak your language.

5. Will my personal information be secure when speaking to a representative at a foreign call station?

Yes, we take the security of our customers' personal information very seriously. Our foreign call center representatives follow strict security protocols and have limited access to sensitive customer information. Additionally, all calls are recorded and monitored for quality assurance purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chellb1234
  • byrd1956