• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Outline Cards in Word/Publisher - A Beginner's Guide

In summary, outline cards in Word/Publisher are used for organizing and presenting information. To create an outline card, open a new document, insert a rectangle shape, and adjust the text box settings for your desired size. Indentations and formatting can be customized for sub-points. Images can also be added by inserting them or using them as shapes. To save and print outline cards, go to the "File" menu and select the appropriate options.
Denarella
Can someone please tell me how to set up outline cards on word or publisher? I am trying to make up notecards but I want a "blank index card template" so I can start typing up my own cards and Im a complete moron when it comes to the computer. Hope I'm being clear enough!

TIA, Dena:balloon:

Denarella said:
Can someone please tell me how to set up outline cards on word or publisher? I am trying to make up notecards but I want a "blank index card template" so I can start typing up my own cards and Im a complete moron when it comes to the computer. Hope I'm being clear enough!

TIA, Dena:balloon:

My bad....opened my own eyes and found it

Denarella said:
My bad....opened my own eyes and found it

Please share :)

dannyzmom said:
Please share :)

Its on microsoft publisher...I just cant figure out how to do continuous cards and not have to save one and go to the next. Im saving one and then going to the old one, erasing it and starting anew. Im even embarassed saying it on here! lol!:blushing: :balloon:

1. What is the purpose of creating outline cards in Word/Publisher?

The purpose of creating outline cards in Word/Publisher is to provide a structured and organized way to present information. Outline cards are commonly used for note-taking, studying, and creating presentations or handouts.

2. How do I create an outline card in Word/Publisher?

To create an outline card in Word/Publisher, follow these steps:1. Open a new document in Word/Publisher.2. Click on the "Insert" tab and select "Shapes."3. Choose the rectangle shape and draw it on the page.4. Right-click on the shape and select "Format Shape."5. In the Format Shape pane, click on the "Text Options" tab.6. Under "Text Box," check the box next to "Do Not Autofit."7. Click on the "Text Box" tab and adjust the margins for your desired outline card size.8. Add text to the outline card by typing or copying and pasting.9. Use the Tab key to create indentations for sub-points.10. Customize the font, color, and other formatting options as desired.

3. Can I add images to my outline cards in Word/Publisher?

Yes, you can add images to your outline cards in Word/Publisher by following these steps:1. Insert an image by clicking on "Insert" and selecting "Pictures."2. Resize and position the image as desired.3. Right-click on the image and select "Wrap Text."4. Choose "In Front of Text" to allow the image to be moved freely within the outline card.5. You can also add images as shapes by selecting "Insert" and choosing a shape from the "Shapes" menu.

4. How do I save my outline cards in Word/Publisher?

To save your outline cards in Word/Publisher, go to "File" and select "Save As." Choose a location to save the document and enter a file name. You can also select different file formats such as .docx or .pdf depending on your needs.

5. Can I print my outline cards in Word/Publisher?

Yes, you can print your outline cards in Word/Publisher by going to "File" and selecting "Print." Make sure to adjust the print settings to fit your outline card size and preview the document before printing to ensure it is formatted correctly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdRN2
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
pmprdRN2
Replies
Views
Rebeccascabinet
Replies
Views
Tribegirl00