• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non Pampered Chef Question for Those Who Are Computer Savvy

In summary, the speaker is working on building a business as a bridal consultant and is currently completing an online course. They recently did their first Independent Projects, which involved interviewing caterers and filling out an evaluation sheet. They are now looking to organize their information by creating folders on their computer or using a cloud storage service. The speaker is seeking guidance on how to set up these folders.
kcmckay
Gold Member
As some of you may or not know I'm working on building a business as a bridal consultant and am doing an online course involving it. Today I did part of my first Independent Projects, which just required me to interview caterers. I had an evaluation sheet to use that I did fill out. I want to type up my own and type in my information collected for a cleaner copy.

My computer question is this. I know I can save them as word files since that's where I intend to do the files. But I would like to make "folders" to keep caterer information, photographer information etc. I don't know how to set up those folders or if I can with my system. If anyone can help guide me through that process I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Are you wanting to save them on you computer, a flash drive or email?

If you're on a PC - To make folders you just have to right click anywhere in the window, go down to "new" and then click "new folder". You can then name it whatever you want. You can also make folders within folders. It works the same if you're trying to do it on a flash drive once you open the flash drive window.

Thanks I did figure it out after all but I appreciate the responses. Thanks again.

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on working towards building your business as a bridal consultant. It's great to hear that you're already making progress with your Independent Projects. As for your computer question, I would be happy to help guide you through the process of setting up folders on your system. To create a new folder on a Windows computer, simply right-click on your desktop or in the location where you want the folder to be and select "New" followed by "Folder." You can then name the folder and drag and drop any relevant files or documents into it. If you're using a Mac, you can create a new folder by going to "File" and selecting "New Folder" or by using the shortcut Command + Shift + N. Another option is to use a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, to organize your files and documents. These services allow you to create folders and subfolders to keep your information organized and easily accessible from any device. I hope this helps and that you're able to successfully set up your folders. Best of luck with your business!

1. What are some good resources for learning about computers and technology?

There are many great resources for learning about computers and technology, such as online courses, tech websites and blogs, YouTube channels, and technology forums. Some popular options include Codecademy, Khan Academy, CNET, and Reddit's r/technology community.

2. How can I improve my computer skills?

One of the best ways to improve your computer skills is to practice regularly. You can also take online courses or attend workshops to learn specific skills. Additionally, don't be afraid to experiment and try new things on your computer. The more you use it, the more comfortable and proficient you will become.

3. What are some common computer problems and how can I troubleshoot them?

Some common computer problems include slow performance, software crashes, and hardware malfunctions. To troubleshoot these issues, you can try restarting your computer, running a virus scan, freeing up disk space, updating software and drivers, and checking for hardware malfunctions. If the problem persists, it may be best to consult a professional.

4. How can I protect my computer from viruses and malware?

To protect your computer from viruses and malware, you should have a reliable antivirus software installed and keep it updated. It is also important to be cautious when downloading files or clicking on links from unknown sources. Regularly backing up your important files can also help in case of a cyber attack.

5. How can I keep my computer running smoothly?

To keep your computer running smoothly, you should regularly clean up your files and programs, uninstall any unnecessary software, and clear your internet browsing history and cache. It is also important to regularly update your operating system and software to ensure they are running efficiently. Additionally, make sure to use caution when downloading new software or opening email attachments to avoid potential issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies