• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Reach a Sales Goal: Can I Make It?

I just started my own business this year and I'm feeling a little lost. I've been trying to find some resources and I came across this forum. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Specifically, I'm looking for advice on how to market my business online. Specifically, I'm looking for tips on how to do an email series, create a website, and build an email list. I've been trying to find information on these topics, but I haven't had much luck. I was wondering if you could help me out. I would recommend reaching out to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. I would also recommend reaching out to local
MissChef
Gold Member
Okay, I had huge plans to earn the $6000.00 mark for the sell-a-thon, but I have had a lot of people call me up and need to re-schedule:cry: ..... I am at almost $2400.00 right now, and I most definetely want to at least earn the $3000.00 level!! I must!!! I have 2 more shows but one is a catalog show and the other is on the 30th! So, I'm nervous I may not get that one in on time, although she is going to close with me that night. I don't have a laptop, and I will need to come right home and input everything!! So, I'll be racing against the clock!:eek:
I would love ideas on how I can get some extra sales.... and what I should say to people when I call them, because I want to call some past hosts and see if they will do a catalog show for me..... should I just be honest... and tell them what I'm shooting for or what?:confused:
Please help me, I need to at least earn this level.... I've never earned anything less than this and this predicament is making me crazy!:rolleyes: I just have to earn it because I set goals for myself in levels and if I don't earn this I will be so bummed!:(
Any advice on what to do to drum up more sales would be so appreciated!!!

You and me both, sister! I need to call around and get at least 10 people to collect $150. Right about now I need to up that to 20 people!

Yes, share with them that you are working on a sales goal. Offer a free SB with every order.

Definately tell people you are working toward a goal, when making your calls if you can't get a show or catalog show from them, see if they'd like to place an order, or know of anyone that might want to place an order and you can offer them a discount or a free SB cookbook for placing an order..Also if you have a website, send an email out about the outlet items..I did that last month and got about $200+ in orders just from the outlet..
Good luck! You are close...I know you can do it :)

DebbieJ said:
Yes, share with them that you are working on a sales goal. Offer a free SB with every order.
Great minds think alike :)

I'd also tell them about the great host specials for the month when you're trying to get them to host. So, you can outline what you're going for AND what you can do for them.

email all your customers that wanted to get the sheet pans. Now that they are back you may get some extra orders.

pvt35115 said:
email all your customers that wanted to get the sheet pans. Now that they are back you may get some extra orders.
Great idea!!

Cathy, have you read the 1000K Mystery Host catty show thread? There's only a week left, but you could pull that off possibly!
Definately just sharing your goals is great; that's what I did when trying to get end of the year sales last year.

Definitely go for the mystery host show!

Very good advice above.... honesty is always best. Many times, if folks know you've got a goal they will be willing to help out.

Perhaps offer them a free Season's best for any order or a Free Tomato Knife if they place a $60+ order. Another thing is to send out an email to your customers and remind them of the outlet as mentioned above or to offer a White Sale with everything white being 10% off. (This of course would come out of your pocket.)

I was planning to make it to $3000. I had a Bridal Shower scheduled for this month....but they decided to wait until JULY. So there you have my big show for sell a thon.....cancelled but rescheduled. O -well I can't get everything for FREE. But it would have been nice:)
I am not giving up completely I will earn at least the 2nd level!

don't forget about all the great stuff on the outlet this month!

This month is the first time since PC started with the outlet that I have had such great reponse! I sent a email on Saturday morning and right now I am just over $200 in outlet sales alone.

Thanks everyone.... I will be calling today and sending out an outlet announcement what better thing to do while CS is down then to WORK!!:p
I've heard of consultants doing on line shows , any tips!????????

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenDefinitely all good advice.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this community and it's been exciting to browse around and read what everyone is saying.

I actually just got a tip a couple weeks ago about a consultant who has been with the Pampered Chef since 1994 and was a director for a while. Now she just stays active so she can stay up to date on the company and has her own service designing monthly newsletters (email) for consultants to send to their customers.

It is only $5 a month and you get a monthly newsletter to send out at the beginning of the month AND an outlet newsletter to send out on the 18th of the month so you are contacting your customers twice a month! The consultant that gave me this tip said she's been getting hundreds to thousands of dollars in individual online orders each month since she subscribed! :sing: I just subscribed this past week and sent out the outlet newsletter tonight and can't wait to see what happens.

If you're interested in this at all or would like more information from her, you can email her at [email protected]. If you do email her, please let her know that Ashley Egresi referred you to her.

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamen
EgresiPC said:
Definitely all good advice.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this community and it's been exciting to browse around and read what everyone is saying.

I actually just got a tip a couple weeks ago about a consultant who has been with the Pampered Chef since 1994 and was a director for a while. Now she just stays active so she can stay up to date on the company and has her own service designing monthly newsletters (email) for consultants to send to their customers.

It is only $5 a month and you get a monthly newsletter to send out at the beginning of the month AND an outlet newsletter to send out on the 18th of the month so you are contacting your customers twice a month! The consultant that gave me this tip said she's been getting hundreds to thousands of dollars in individual online orders each month since she subscribed! :sing: I just subscribed this past week and sent out the outlet newsletter tonight and can't wait to see what happens.

If you're interested in this at all or would like more information from her, you can email her at [email protected]. If you do email her, please let her know that Ashley Egresi referred you to her.

I used to subscribe to her newsletter and it was great! I like doing my own now, though. It was a bit of a pain when I had to remember to change prices to Cdn$! :rolleyes: But, I would highly recommend hers if you're looking for something fun and informative!

Last edited:
Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenHey Cathy- what about doing an email blitz to have people order from the outlet or your web page? The first 5 people to respond could get something awesome from you. I was always a little too generous and would give one of our spices, a SB and something else...

Also try calling past hosts, tell them that each order gets their name into a drawing for something fabulous like a kitchen shears...

I would help out because I need a few things, but DH told me today that our living room window needs to be replaced ASAP- and since it's 20 years old the the last of the original windows I figured that we should probably start calling around for estimates...

So unless I start street walking in my Patten leather hoochie mama boots to earn some extra cash to order from you...which is tempting- you might have to fall back on some of the ideas posted here! :) But, I KNOW you can do it!!! :)

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenYes you will get the sales when you tell people your goal. After this TPC I belive anything is possible if you want badly enough . Send out some emails about the outlet too, I also went to my Bank, hair salon doctor office ect in May to get orders for TPC and belive it or not one person in the bank was getting a divorce and ordered 486.00 all an individual order OMG I could belive it

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenHi, I would call every single customer that I have to let them know that I want to meet my goal of the sell a thon. That is what I have been doing. I have only been selling for 6 weeks and I now have more shows than I know what to do with. Your hostess and customers will be really happy to help you meet your goal. Good luck

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenOh also I am having a Mystery Hostess Show. Those also go really well and everyone wants to get in to the drawing to get all the free stuff.

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamen
bjlarman said:
Hi, I would call every single customer that I have to let them know that I want to meet my goal of the sell a thon. That is what I have been doing. I have only been selling for 6 weeks and I now have more shows than I know what to do with. Your hostess and customers will be really happy to help you meet your goal. Good luck

That is a great idea and great motivation! I will call but I won't call every customer or host. Yikes!:eek: I'd never get off the phone! I've had over 425 shows, now that is a lot of customers! But I will call people, thanks!

And thanks to everyone, I am working with all the ideas! I appreciate it!:)

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenMy last two shows of the month (27th and 28) both flaked leaving me only $300 from the $3000 level of sellathon! I came home from the one on the 27th (a fundraiser booth... no leads, no sales) totally depressed. I have not had any luck with mystery host type things and didn't think I'd have time to get it together in three days.:cry:

I decided to send out an email Saturday morning to my entire newsletter list asking for help. I have alot of people's work emails so gave them until 3pm Monday to get back to me. I offered a season's best with every order, guest special with $60+ and 10% off any order of 100 or more (excluding cookware sets). I also offered up the hostess benefits to the first few people who contacted me. I really didn't think I'd hear from anyone, but knew I definitely wouldn't if I didn't do something.

I am now $11.36 from making it, which my husband will totally let me do!:sing: Maybe this was successful cause I shared my goal and didn't ask them to collect orders, just place one...any little bit helps! (orders have ranged from 114 to 9)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the idea and help with wording! I went from questioning my business (long story) to totally stoked in two days! I'm hoping I can keep this momentum going during my July/August/Sept. as I start gearing down a little on shows and concentrate on calls to set up business after my 2nd is born in Sept. Sorry this is so long, just had to share and my hubby is tired of hearing about it right now... bless him!

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamen:sing:That's awesome!! Way to go!! What an encouragement to others. My month has been much the same. Thought I might even get to $6,000 at first, then found myself desperate for $1,500 and now crossing my fingers. If everyone closes as promised tomorrow, I'll have just over $3,00 WAHOO!!!:balloon:

LBurke said:
My last two shows of the month (27th and 28) both flaked leaving me only $300 from the $3000 level of sellathon! I came home from the one on the 27th (a fundraiser booth... no leads, no sales) totally depressed. I have not had any luck with mystery host type things and didn't think I'd have time to get it together in three days.:cry:

I decided to send out an email Saturday morning to my entire newsletter list asking for help. I have alot of people's work emails so gave them until 3pm Monday to get back to me. I offered a season's best with every order, guest special with $60+ and 10% off any order of 100 or more (excluding cookware sets). I also offered up the hostess benefits to the first few people who contacted me. I really didn't think I'd hear from anyone, but knew I definitely wouldn't if I didn't do something.

I am now $11.36 from making it, which my husband will totally let me do!:sing: Maybe this was successful cause I shared my goal and didn't ask them to collect orders, just place one...any little bit helps! (orders have ranged from 114 to 9)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the idea and help with wording! I went from questioning my business (long story) to totally stoked in two days! I'm hoping I can keep this momentum going during my July/August/Sept. as I start gearing down a little on shows and concentrate on calls to set up business after my 2nd is born in Sept. Sorry this is so long, just had to share and my hubby is tired of hearing about it right now... bless him!

Thats Awesome!! You did it, congrats! I just had to laugh about the hubby thing, mine really doesn't want to hear about it either. I am glad you got to tell all of us.

MissChef said:
And thanks to everyone, I am working with all the ideas! I appreciate it!:)

How are you doing? Keep us posted! We're cheering for you!

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenI sent out my July newsletter early (on June 29), with a little blip that I was $150 from hitting a goal (the $1500 level). I offered free shipping to anyone who calls me today with an order. The newsletter went out yesterday evening after 8 pm, and I've already had one person contact me with an order. She emailed it to me, so I have to phone her today to get payment info. My sister was going to check if her friends needed anything, and I'm going to buy a couple of birthday presents for family if I need to.

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenGood job Leslie!

How close are you now Cathy?

legacypc46 said:
How are you doing? Keep us posted! We're cheering for you!

lacychef said:
Good job Leslie!

Sorry ladies, I have not been on line but a couple minutes today!
I raced home and had a few more orders and with those and my show tonight I made it to just barely over $3000.00.... so I did it!:D:D:thumbup:

lacychef said:
Good job Leslie!

Lacy, I've seen you do it before, how the heck does the multi qote function work!:confused:

MissChef said:
I raced home and had a few more orders and with those and my show tonight I made it to just barely over $3000.00.... so I did it!:D:D:thumbup:

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenHijack!
MissChef said:
Lacy, I've seen you do it before, how the heck does the multi qote function work!:confused:
Click on the button with the little plus on each post that you want to quote. (It's between the Quote and Reply buttons.) Then click the "post reply" button just below the bottom post in the thread (left side). The new screen will have a reply box with multiple quotes in it.

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenYeah, what Ann said! KG teased me when I figured it out, cause I quoted about 6 people at once, LOL!

Great job Cathy! You & I both reached it at about the same time!

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenWOO HOO Cathy & Lacy!!!
:) :)

lacychef said:
Yeah, what Ann said! KG teased me when I figured it out, cause I quoted about 6 people at once, LOL!

Great job Cathy! You & I both reached it at about the same time!

Yay Lacy!! One thing that I wish I had that you people in the eastern time zones is more time. I have to get my shows in by 10pm! New York, has until 1am the next day!! :eek: Wish I had that!

Re: I need advice from you top sellers and/or people who have been in this predicamenI'm central time, same as HO. (which is nice)

1. How can I reach my sales goal for the sell-a-thon?

To reach your sales goal, it's important to stay organized and focused. Make a plan for each of your remaining shows and utilize all available resources, such as host coaching, social media, and personal invitations, to generate more sales. You can also consider offering incentives or special deals to encourage customers to purchase more.

2. What can I do if I have had cancellations or rescheduled shows?

If you have had cancellations or rescheduled shows, don't panic. Reach out to those customers and offer to reschedule or do a catalog show. You can also ask for referrals from your host and past customers to bring in new sales.

3. Is it possible to make up for lost sales and still reach my goal?

Yes, it is possible to make up for lost sales and reach your goal. Keep a positive attitude and focus on your remaining shows. Offer incentives and reach out to past customers to generate more sales. Remember, every sale counts and you still have time to reach your goal.

4. What should I say when reaching out to past hosts for a catalog show?

When reaching out to past hosts for a catalog show, it's best to be honest and explain your situation. Let them know that you are trying to reach a specific sales goal and ask if they would be willing to help by hosting a catalog show for you. You can also offer them a special incentive or discount for hosting.

5. How can I stay motivated and focused on reaching my sales goal?

To stay motivated and focused, it's important to remind yourself why you set this goal for yourself. Visualize the end result and how achieving this goal will benefit you. Keep a positive attitude and continue to work hard until the very end. Remember, you are capable of reaching your goal and it's important to never give up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • cheflorraine