• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Out Something New - Feedback Requested

In summary, the conversation is about disposable grilling planks and their potential for selling. Some people think they are too expensive, while others see potential for them as a Father's Day gift. Some have used them and had success, while others are hesitant to try them. The recommended usage and cost are factors to consider. The conversation also touches on the use of paper napkins in sales, the possibility of reusable planks being a better option, and the process of using the planks on a grill.
rennea
Gold Member
Has anyone used these yet?? I don't know what to think of them yet. I would like to try them and would like any feed back from anybody who has used them.
Thanks

I haven't used them yet but at my cluster meeting we figured that they were over $3 each with shipping for a disposible plank... we have a contest going to see who can sell any!

I'm kind of think that it's a little pricey for disposable planks but would make a nice special Father's day gift maybe done up with some of our oil and rubs!

I think that they will be last year's equivalent to the tiles paper napkins.......I don't see them selling very well.

pamperedlinda said:
I think that they will be last year's equivalent to the tiles paper napkins.......I don't see them selling very well.

pssst~just between you and me, I am one of the few it seems that sell those evil paper napkins;) :p

rennea said:
pssst~just between you and me, I am one of the few it seems that sell those evil paper napkins;) :p
no way!!! I didn't think any of them sold!!!

rennea said:
I'm kind of think that it's a little pricey for disposable planks but would make a nice special Father's day gift maybe done up with some of our oil and rubs!

I think that'd be a good selling point! Probably the only real selling point. :rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
no way!!! I didn't think any of them sold!!!

A friend had a party and I ask her if I could add the napkins to her order that way I would get the 20% off and minus commission. I use them in my display and people seem to really like them. I think the key is to use them somehow when you set up. Don't know, works for me;)

I got excited when I first saw the planks then I saw the recommended usage combined with the cost and thought the same as above... I'm sure somewhere though they will sell! I do like my salmon on the grill in the summer...

I have never used grilling planks so I thought that they were a little pricy....who knows...maybe i'll give them a shot and fall in love with them.

janetupnorth said:
I got excited when I first saw the planks then I saw the recommended usage combined with the cost and thought the same as above... I'm sure somewhere though they will sell! I do like my salmon on the grill in the summer...

I thought the same when I first saw them! One of my favorite restaurants has a specialty = Planked Whitefish...love it! However, anywhere that sells grills and grilling supplies also sells planks - at about $3-4 each, and are reusable...so I'm not sure how to market these - I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually used them. (Mine should be here any day now - but we have 3 feet of snow on our deck, so won't be grilling for awhile!)

rennea said:
Funny, I bought some planks from maybe William Sonoma for a Father's day gift a few years ago too but even those I think were cheaper? I wonder how well they will sell??

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought the same when I first saw them! One of my favorite restaurants has a specialty = Planked Whitefish...love it! However, anywhere that sells grills and grilling supplies also sells planks - at about $3-4 each, and are reusable...so I'm not sure how to market these - I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually used them. (Mine should be here any day now - but we have 3 feet of snow on our deck, so won't be grilling for awhile!)

I'm with you, I dont have the snow, but I sent in an order bright & early on the 1st & its STILL just saying recieved....:(

How exactly do you use the planks?

DMB75 said:
How exactly do you use the planks?

They have a little demo on CC...I think you wet it first, then season your fish, put it on the plank & grill it.....:)

Ginger428 said:
They have a little demo on CC...I think you wet it first, then season your fish, put it on the plank & grill it.....:)

So they can be used with a gas grill? I'll have to go to CC and check it out. Thanks

DMB75 said:
So they can be used with a gas grill? I'll have to go to CC and check it out. Thanks

I think they can be used anywhere but indoors....HTH

1. What new products are available for me to try?

At Pampered Chef, we are constantly introducing new and innovative products to enhance your cooking and baking experience. We have a wide range of products from cookware and bakeware to kitchen tools and gadgets. You can check out our website or attend a Pampered Chef party to see all our latest products.

2. How do I provide feedback on a product I have tried?

We value your feedback and want to hear about your experience with our products. You can leave a review on our website, reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant, or send us an email. We also have a feedback form available on our website for your convenience.

3. Can I exchange or return a product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy where you can return or exchange any product within 30 days of purchase. Please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team for further assistance.

4. Are there any special promotions or discounts for trying out new products?

We often have special promotions and discounts for new products. These can vary, so we suggest checking our website or contacting your Pampered Chef consultant to see if there are any current offers available.

5. Can I request a specific product to be added to the Pampered Chef collection?

We love hearing suggestions from our customers and are always looking to expand our product line. You can submit a product request through our website or contact our customer service team with your suggestion. We cannot guarantee that all requests will be added, but we appreciate your input.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ameliasurf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • pctharper
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
blessedrub
  • AMTC