• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unbiased Gravy Separator Reviews: Real User Feedback and Insights

In summary, the Gravy Separator is a nifty little device that helps make gravy without lumps. Some users find it useful for other purposes as well, such as separating chicken and beef broth. All in all, it seems to be a pretty popular item, with many people rating it highly.
Juddel
Gold Member
A hostess has someone asking about the gravy separator; since don't have it, I can't tell her if it's really great and why. I don't want to talk her into either if it's not worth it. I'd be interested in any feedback anyone has - good or bad. Thanks!

I've never used mine. I meant to over Thanksgiving, and forgot.
I just put drippings in a bowl in the fridge for a while and skim off the fat from the top after it solidifies.
I don't think it's worth the $21.50, but I guess I should at least try it once!

I love it! I don't use it a lot but when I did it was pretty easy to use! The other thing that I loved about it is a little different!:blushing: I get sick a lot of times (bad tummy ache, bloating, gas, and well, lets just say that I need Imodium to help the other problem!!) after eating gravy and my Mom (who has IBS) told me that it could very easily be because of the fat in the gravy, well about 2 weeks ago I made another turkey (I got 3 at Thanksgiving time!!..... all of them for about $6.00! I couldn't pass that up!) Anyway, I made the turkey and I used the gravy seperator when I made my gravy and it was the first time that I didn't have an upset tummy in like 10 years!!! LOL! So, I am a definite fan of it! I like gravy and I love that I don't have a rough night after eating it and plus it saves on my fat intake, which I'm really watching!:thumbup: :) :balloon:

heard good things...I have heard it is quote "amazing!"

One customer recommended to NOT fill it too full; another said to pour kinda slow. But both LOVE it and recommend it to others!

We bought one for my MIL and she uses it every time she makes gravy. It works great! She loves it, because she can now make "perfect gravy" with NO LUMPS!

I don't make gravy - maybe once a year at most - so are there any other uses for this product?

For those times when there isn't time to chill the broth or gravy, it is superb :)I've used it to separate chicken and beef broth for a leaner homemade soup. FWIW, I tend to make a big batch of soup base, then strain out the seasoning veggies and/bones/ meat. For me, ladling broth into the Gravy Skimmer is no big deal, and it does the job fast :)

I use mine as a regular measuring cup when not using it for gravy and I love how easy it is to pour out of... I just leave out the divider thing. I love the handle on it for ease of use .... gives it LOADS more sellability ... is that a word??? :)

you can use simply for a 4 cup measuring cup.

i love that it can pour both ways

Well I guess I can say that "I :love: LOVE :love: THIS THING"

:chef:

Related to Unbiased Gravy Separator Reviews: Real User Feedback and Insights

What is a gravy separator and how does it work?

A gravy separator is a kitchen tool used to separate fat from meat drippings or pan sauces. It has a spout at the bottom and a strainer at the top, allowing the liquid to be poured out while the fat remains in the container. The fat rises to the top, making it easy to pour out the desired amount of fat-free liquid from the bottom spout.

What are the benefits of using a gravy separator?

Using a gravy separator has several benefits. It allows you to make healthier gravies and sauces by removing excess fat. It also helps avoid a greasy or oily texture in your dishes. Additionally, a gravy separator can also make your cooking process more efficient by saving time and effort.

Can a gravy separator be used for other purposes?

Yes, a gravy separator can also be used for other purposes. It can be used to strain soups, stocks, and broths, removing any impurities and leaving behind a clear liquid. It can also be used to separate fat from homemade salad dressings or dips.

What should I consider when purchasing a gravy separator?

When looking for a gravy separator, consider the material it is made of. Stainless steel and glass are durable and easy to clean. Also, pay attention to the size and capacity of the separator, as well as the shape of the spout for easy pouring. Look for additional features such as a strainer or a non-drip spout for added convenience.

How do I clean and maintain my gravy separator?

Cleaning and maintaining a gravy separator is simple. It is best to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that may damage the separator. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it to prevent any water stains. Some gravy separators are also dishwasher safe, but always check the manufacturer's instructions before washing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsara
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • SherryLynn