• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheap Crap Scissors: Is Anyone Else Experiencing Issues?

I've not had the best of luck with my products & just started in December. But after reading this post & the one about the can opener, I'm gonna switch to the Kuhn Rikon model.I must have gotten the good ones! I love mine. But I did get two. Now I think I better check the other pair...finally!
Swirl
with the new scissors? I've recieved mine and they feel like cheap crap! Mine are nowhere near spring loaded, is anyone else having problems with them?

Mine feel like you have to pull them back apart before trying to cut again. I did an adjustment on them but now I'm wondering if maybe that is how they are made.

Any feedback is appriciated!

I have had my scissors and used them at two shows to illustrate cutting tin cans! I haven't had any problems with mine. I know there were some that were part of a bad batch. You probably have one of those.

My first pair were like that - I sent them back and got another pair and they'r emuch better

My first pair were like that too. Except they told me to toss the old ones. I wonder if it's a defect like we had when the can opener first came out?

And, I know this belongs on another thread but, my DH didn't know that the pegs can come out of the cutting board w/ cups. He let it go down the drain. Pampered Chef is still replacing it all rather than just sending out replacement pegs. I asked if they could get it as a replacemnet part considering that they know it's a problem and it wouldn't be fair to guests who lose them 5 years from now. They are looking into it.

Mine where the same way...they didn't open back up on their own. I'm waiting for my replacement to come now.

Oh Boy!
I"m afraid I won't be able to sell these like I could the old ones!
I LOVE the old ones! Could confidently sell them...now..hmmm...not quite sure...we'll see.

I had to have mine replaced because they didn't cut properly.My old ones stick occasionally. I put a drop of oil between the blades and force them open and closed several times. Works like a charm. You shouldn't have to do that to the new ones, though.

I used my new shears tonight. I'm not in love. It felt like they were going to fall out of my hands. They are so light!

They do take a little getting used to, but so far mine seem to be as sturdy as the old ones.

My second pair seem to be better than the first....still dont love them like the others, but I'm loading up on the old ones.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was actually pleasantly surprised......I totally did not think I would like them at all and I am so in love with them!!! They do fill flimsier than the old ones but I love them anyways and have absolutely no problems using just like I used the old ones!! Which I still totally love too by the way!!

Elaine I agree, they need replacement parts for that board! My top cup has scratched so badly and they want me to send the whole thing back too! I'm waiting until after my OH this weekend first. I really just wanted to replace one cup. What a waste!

My scissors feel cheap and flimsy too. I thought the blades were shorter, but they're actually not. I've only used mine for the herb stripper part, which is pretty cool. Maybe I got one with bad springs? It was in my sell-a-thon kit... think they'll replace it?

chefmelody said:
My scissors feel cheap and flimsy too. I thought the blades were shorter, but they're actually not. I've only used mine for the herb stripper part, which is pretty cool. Maybe I got one with bad springs? It was in my sell-a-thon kit... think they'll replace it?

Yep, even though you earned it, the same warranty applies!

I never had the white ones, but I am wondering if I should get them before they're gone for personal use?? I think my black ones are fine, but I don't have anything to compare them to.

Get them quick!!
gilliandanielle said:
I never had the white ones, but I am wondering if I should get them before they're gone for personal use?? I think my black ones are fine, but I don't have anything to compare them to.

Get them Gill, you'll see a tremendous difference. They do take some getting used to, but I think if PC says they will work the same or even better, I will use them especially in their black color to match my kitchen and new tool turn about. I also keep my white ones because I am so use to them.

Debbie :D

I must have gotten the good ones! I love mine. But I did get two. Now I think I better check the other pair...

finally!I've not had thee best of luck w/ my products & just started in Dec. But after reading this post & just getting ALL :) the samples today, I had to go open up the sheers..They SEEM fine! :rolleyes: They seem a little flimsy, but I dont really care for the white ones, love the look of the black :) So, im excited I didnt get a bad one (Im on food chopper #3 ALREADY!)

I'm so glad I read this thread!!! I thought it was just me:eek: ! My new scissors stick too.... HO here I come! LOL!

I love them, but not that they're sticking...

My (awesome, king of all scissors - he's dictating:rolleyes: ) husband fixed them... the blade was sticking near the top. He pulled them apart ever so slightly and stood there for (literally) 5 minutes "cutting" the air.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Cheap Crap Scissors: Is Anyone Else Experiencing Issues?

1. What are the common issues with Cheap Crap Scissors?

The most common issues reported with Cheap Crap Scissors include dull blades, difficulty cutting through certain materials, and easily breaking or becoming loose.

2. Are there any tips for maintaining Cheap Crap Scissors?

To help prevent issues with Cheap Crap Scissors, it is important to regularly clean the blades and store them in a dry place. It is also recommended to only use them for light cutting tasks and avoid cutting through thick or hard materials.

3. Can the blades be sharpened on Cheap Crap Scissors?

No, the blades on Cheap Crap Scissors are not able to be sharpened. They are made from low quality materials that do not hold a sharp edge for long.

4. Do these scissors come with a warranty?

Unfortunately, Cheap Crap Scissors do not come with a warranty. They are meant to be disposable and are not built to last.

5. Are there any recommended alternatives to Cheap Crap Scissors?

Yes, there are many high quality scissors available from Pampered Chef that are durable and designed for heavy use. We recommend checking out our selection of Cutco scissors for a reliable and long-lasting option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
peichef
  • nicolespcshows
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies