• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Have These Issues ??

In summary, you are a married woman who is desperate for ways to make money. You have a PT job, but your husband is not happy that you are spending so much time there. You are also tired of hearing about the tight budget. You are considering signing up for another paid program, but you are worried about how your husband will react.
Kathytnt
I love PC but we are still newlyweds and my hubby hates the time it keeps us apart. I furgure I have to makes some money somehow. I do have a PT job which he doesn't seem to mind. I got started doing fundraisers and have been giving away most of my commision since our program is a bit thin in comparison to there's out there. Kind of wish they would have a return to the cookbook fundraiser or something.

Anyway - I have recruited a few but he doesn't like the time I spend there and worries that I will get stressed out tyring to become and stay a director. I get gung ho on something then I fee l like he is pulling me back at times. I feel like a yo-yo sometimes. I love him dearly - I do have a competitive streak but no where to pursue that part of me. It is hard to do things half-way for me. I will probably sign #5 next month but my third person will go inactive so I will maintain FD I hope.

I love spending time with my hubby but I am also tiredof hearing about how tight the budget is all the time - He allowed me to go to a PT job because my other job was so stressful. Well honestly hearing about the budget all the time is just as stressful because part of the reason the budget is tight is we are paying off old debts of mine. We are not broke - we are just not putting as much in savings as he would like.

We probably will not go on a vacation this year because I went to conference.

Anyway - I just don't know if anyone else is facing some of these things - It's just hard to talk to my director about a goal when I don't really know what to do. I feel very torn

Kathytnt said:
He allowed me to go to a PT job because my other job was so stressful.

It seems that there may be issues that go deeper than whether or not you continue doing PC. I hope everything works out for you.:)

Kathytnt said:
I love PC but we are still newlyweds and my hubby hates the time it keeps us apart. I furgure I have to makes some money somehow. I do have a PT job which he doesn't seem to mind. I got started doing fundraisers and have been giving away most of my commision since our program is a bit thin in comparison to there's out there. Kind of wish they would have a return to the cookbook fundraiser or something.

Anyway - I have recruited a few but he doesn't like the time I spend there and worries that I will get stressed out tyring to become and stay a director. I get gung ho on something then I fee l like he is pulling me back at times. I feel like a yo-yo sometimes. I love him dearly - I do have a competitive streak but no where to pursue that part of me. It is hard to do things half-way for me. I will probably sign #5 next month but my third person will go inactive so I will maintain FD I hope.

I love spending time with my hubby but I am also tiredof hearing about how tight the budget is all the time - He allowed me to go to a PT job because my other job was so stressful. Well honestly hearing about the budget all the time is just as stressful because part of the reason the budget is tight is we are paying off old debts of mine. We are not broke - we are just not putting as much in savings as he would like.

We probably will not go on a vacation this year because I went to conference.

Anyway - I just don't know if anyone else is facing some of these things - It's just hard to talk to my director about a goal when I don't really know what to do. I feel very torn

LOL!! Wait til FED EX comes with my kit and my live in boyfriend has no idea its coming because I got the eye roll when I wanted to do it LAST summer.

I still havent told him, was going to tell him this weekend on vacation but it just never came up. he call me his little PC girl but lordy, he has NO idea....Im right next to you but in a slightly different boat!

I need something. Im a single mom. I've been with John now for almost 4 years. My son and I have lived with him for over 2 and everything awesome. I just need a PT gig and I dont have the option for someone to tell me when I can work. I need to tell them and its my adult time with the "girls" while making money. See? I can tell YOU but Icant tell him b/c Im so darn insecure......I tried Avon last year (NOV) and quit it when I signed with PC. Avon was TONS of work for menial profits, and I couldnt do it anymore...

Should be interesting....I think we owe ourselves do something that makes us happy and helps out our home life in more than one way. When it takes a way from a happy home, something has to be reconfigured. Im hoping to one or 2 cooking shows a month and however many catalog shows I can physically handle! LOL....

Tell me when you have the answer, ma'am!

D

Well he wanted me to find a job I enjoyed - I enjoy both my PT job and PC about 95% of the time

At my old job I was getting treated rudely by people because our system was designed poorly (where do they get these project managers?) and I was one of the lucky application security people that got dumped on but had no control over the sitation. That kind of lovely job I can do without.

Then I was at the women's expo over the weekend and saw another cool product and now he is even more worried. But honey - It's compeltely different from PC and I really like the products and could make a few $$$$

It will probably be a thing that I do for the discount and sell to a few friends

Kathytnt said:
Then I was at the women's expo over the weekend and saw another cool product and now he is even more worried. But honey - It's compeltely different from PC and I really like the products and could make a few $$$$

It will probably be a thing that I do for the discount and sell to a few friends

YOUUUU have my attentionnnnnnnn:love:

Kathy,

I can understand where you are coming from. My DH doesn't understand that we have more bills than money and me not getting the shows I need (I am working the 3-2-1 but will snail results) that puts a damper in our situation. Then he wants me to stay home with DD and I said no way, she is going to school (PRE-K) even if I have to get shows out of thin air!

Why are you giving away your commission? I know our FR program is not the best, but that is what we have. Please, don't give away what you cannot afford to give. This is your job.

Emphasize the host benefits when you are booking your cooking shows. Don't offer more. Then they will see how generous the company really is. If you are confident in the host benefits they will see it too.

Just a suggestion, have you gotten the book Come to the basement? It is about Jay Christopher, if I am not mistaken. Have your DH read it and see what he thinks.

I am sorry you are going through this and I hope things will turn around. Best wishes to you!

I don't know if I am allowed to talk about it - It's not technically self-promoting if I haven't signed up yet is it??? It is hse thinkgs called Power Pops - They have other products too but I am of course interested in weight loss and energy. I tried my second one today and had to make sure I ate something because I was forgetting to eat. I am a person that forever has an appetite. It's Hoodia, Guarana, L-Tyrosine (amino acids) , B-6, B-12, Citirmax etc. They taste yummy and boy did they have an affect on my appetite. I bought about 6 now I am worried about running out.
Not sure what I will do but I may sign up for the discount and sell a few to friends -
Looked at their business cards and banners - The banner prices will have you thinking Merrill is inexpensive LOL!

OK - The commision thing When I got started my mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma so I started PC to help raise money for the LLS. Unfortuantely I didn't realize how busy I was going to be and I am also not covering my costs on shows. I am revamping my program for the fall.

Kathytnt said:
I don't know if I am allowed to talk about it - It's not technically self-promoting if I haven't signed up yet is it??? It is hse thinkgs called Power Pops - They have other products too but I am of course interested in weight loss and energy. I tried my second one today and had to make sure I ate something because I was forgetting to eat. I am a person that forever has an appetite. It's Hoodia, Guarana, L-Tyrosine (amino acids) , B-6, B-12, Citirmax etc. They taste yummy and boy did they have an affect on my appetite. I bought about 6 now I am worried about running out.
Not sure what I will do but I may sign up for the discount and sell a few to friends -
Looked at their business cards and banners - The banner prices will have you thinking Merrill is inexpensive LOL!

WOW! I LOVE food so much and if somethings going to make me forget about it, Im all for it! I quit smoking last July (06) cold turkey and on came the weight.....that good eh?

I work in a vitamin dept so I know these ingredients - I also know that not everythings wroks on everyone. If I decide to sign up I will send you a sample to see if you find them effective for you.

I talk to the lady tomorrow morning

Kathytnt said:
I work in a vitamin dept so I know these ingredients - I also know that not everythings wroks on everyone. If I decide to sign up I will send you a sample to see if you find them effective for you.

I talk to the lady tomorrow morning

Awww..thanks...this no smoking thing will kill me first before the nicotine did! lol...dont miss it at all though!! (LYIIIINNNGGGGGG!)

Kathytnt said:
OK - The commision thing When I got started my mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma so I started PC to help raise money for the LLS. Unfortuantely I didn't realize how busy I was going to be and I am also not covering my costs on shows. I am revamping my program for the fall.

I can understand that too. Wow you have had a lot to handle and I give you credit. Keep us posted on how things go. Sometimes it feels better to get it all out. How is you mom doing?

I too have revamped and set new goals. I just keep praying everyday that I will get that magic show to get me off and running.

It has been crazy - We got married Nov 05 Mom was diagnosed 3 weeks later. I started PC in late Feb - She passed in June 06. Left the IT job in August 06.
We thought mom was going better and then it flared up in her spinal fluid and she was to weak to handle radiation after the extensive rounds of chemo. It was stage IV by the time she was diagnosed.

Well if I could just stop eating cold turkey I would have not problem losing weight

Kathytnt said:
It has been crazy - We got married Nov 05 Mom was diagnosed 3 weeks later. I started PC in late Feb - She passed in June 06. Left the IT job in August 06.
We thought mom was going better and then it flared up in her spinal fluid and she was to weak to handle radiation after the extensive rounds of chemo. It was stage IV by the time she was diagnosed.

OH! I am so sorry about your mom!

Kathy
I work in a high stress job in a trauma hospital and do PC for fun and for all the fabulous products. My husband and son are very supportive and remember it is the quality of time spend with them not the quantity.
I plan to do 3-5 shows a month (if possible) LOL
Cathy

Thank you Rebecca - Ironically Mom really didn't want me doing PC I raise money for LLS and other cancer reaearch because it makes me feel like I am helping. You feel so helpless when a loved one is ill and you can't do anything to make them betther

My hubby is a very laidback kind of guy - Doesn't like a busy lifestyle. I love spending time with him. It's just that the PT job is always a consistent steady income stream where PC because of the fundraiser program I chose to do can get a little frustating when you put in a lot of time, make no money and your know there are those occasionlly frustrating hosts LOL! I laugh now but we have all had them

Kathytnt said:
Thank you Rebecca - Ironically Mom really didn't want me doing PC I raise money for LLS and other cancer reaearch because it makes me feel like I am helping. You feel so helpless when a loved one is ill and you can't do anything to make them betther

That is so true. I just had my first fundraiser in July (back in San Diego on vacation). I flubbed the whole explanation and finally just said here's the flyer and you get 15% when the show is over $600. Their brother died of cancer of the liver and they have been my hosts for 3 years. Thank goodness they were all for it because I couldn't give away my commission no matter how much I wanted to. They are such a nice family and I consider the host a friend. The show was almost $700.

Hi Kathy!

SOrry to hear that your DH isn't supportive. Mine isn't really, either. There are days, like today, when I really think that I should just quit PC, because: #1 - I get bummed when people say no, and #2 - my show schedule pretty much bites. #3 - I don't really enjoy doing shows anyway (my hosts and guest really don't know that, though!). Then I think about all the free stuff I get, and the discounted stuff I get, and the fun I have as part of the cluster, and I think that I should stick with it. I have my good days and my bad days. However, I make at least my minimum every month, and I do talk to people about PC. The biggest thing for me is the flexibility I have with MY OWN BUSINESS. That's why I stick with it.
Is there a way you can have you DH help you, or get involved in some way so he feels like you are spending time together, even though you're doing PC?
Just a thought....

Hope things work out for you!! ;)

Kathy, have you had any luck creating a schedule so that you are limiting how much time you are putting into PC?

You might also suggest that DH start doing a night out with the boys or maybe a movie night at the house. Get him to find some hobbies that he can do when you are out/making calls so that he is not sitting at home alone thinking aobut how you are not available.

ljeffries said:
It seems that there may be issues that go deeper than whether or not you continue doing PC. I hope everything works out for you.:)
I agree! Sometimes "laid back" is another way of saying "controlling". I'm not trying to dog your DH, but my husband is "laid back" too. What that really means is he wants his life and everything in and around it to be "laid back". In other words, don't inconvenience DH. We've done a lot of compromising in our 15 years, and one compromise is DH had to learn to GET OVER IT! And I had to learn to "chill out" by not doing too much and unnecessarily inconveniencing him and ignoring him because I was/am too busy.

Last edited:
I have to set aside family time every month on my calendar and NOT compromise it at all. My family needs to know that THEY are priority over PC. Now, with that said, as long as there is family time on my calendar ahead of time, they can't whine and complain when I need to make my calls and do shows.

My DH does get tired of PC but he also knows how much I love it. When I was able to sit with him and find a compromise that would prevent me from having to quit altogether things have been much better.

Denarella said:
LOL!! Wait til FED EX comes with my kit and my live in boyfriend has no idea its coming because I got the eye roll when I wanted to do it LAST summer.

I still havent told him, was going to tell him this weekend on vacation but it just never came up. he call me his little PC girl but lordy, he has NO idea....Im right next to you but in a slightly different boat!

I need something. Im a single mom. I've been with John now for almost 4 years. My son and I have lived with him for over 2 and everything awesome. I just need a PT gig and I dont have the option for someone to tell me when I can work. I need to tell them and its my adult time with the "girls" while making money. See? I can tell YOU but Icant tell him b/c Im so darn insecure......I tried Avon last year (NOV) and quit it when I signed with PC. Avon was TONS of work for menial profits, and I couldnt do it anymore...

Should be interesting....I think we owe ourselves do something that makes us happy and helps out our home life in more than one way. When it takes a way from a happy home, something has to be reconfigured. Im hoping to one or 2 cooking shows a month and however many catalog shows I can physically handle! LOL....

D
D,
What in the world? Is this a joke? Are you seriously hiding this from him because you think he's going to be upset? OR are you just kidding, and he won't really care? Please, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not judging you. I really am concerned about you, because you are living with a boyfriend rather than a committed husband, and you are too insecure to tell your 4 year boyfriend, 2 year live in boyfriend, that you're going to be a PC consultant. That is why I'm asking if you're joking that he will care. I hope you can work this out.

Hi Kathy. I live in Allen, TX. So close. I am frustrated too. I try but there is so much unpredictability with hostesses even when you put in a lot of time. Today my favorite hostess cancelled her Sept 22 party. She had contacted me asking for a meeting Aug 22 to plan a show for Sept 22. She had had a $1272 show back in March and had been thinking about signing on as my recruit. She did a 180 on that and now she has just backed out of her Sept. 22nd show. I just got 4 parties lined up for Sept. and was feeling like a might come out of my Aug slump and now I am back down to 3. This kind of thing is part of why I have been feeling depressed. I don't know how many hours and calls it would take to fill that date. I honestly just don't get paid that much. Sorry for the negativity.

I feel that way sometimes, too, especially when I'm PMS'ing. Today, I was very down because it was looking like only 3 or 4 people were going to come to my show tonight. I have to stop the negative self talk and think positive when that happens. I ended up having five people, one who was unexpected. One peron didn't come who was supposed to come, so I'll call her later. Tomorrow is a new day. Keep working the 3-2-1 plan and give yourself a raise. I know I'll have to work even harder at the beginning of my business because I don't have as many people in front of me. But if I keep working my plan to reach my goals it will get easier. For example, I was so bummed about having a barely $300 show in June. I added a $100 order to make it a $300 show. My "only" booking was a catalog show. It ended up being $400+ with another catalog booking for August, which ended up being a $500 show. That $500 catalog host booked her own February show. Keep looking back at the good and what you did to get there. Keep doing it. When you have a solid show schedule a cancellation here and there won't be too big of a deal. Even though I've sold PC for over 6 years, I've only been recently selling for 4 months. It's been 5 1/2 years since I was selling before, so I'm starting over from scratch. I feel like I'm working my butt off, but I know at times I could be working harder by making more phone calls.
You may get down. Don't stay down!

Kathy,

A supportive spouse is very important. If you schedule "office hours" for yourself, this may help him see that this is a real business for you. Stick with PC, not adding additional companies. You need him to see that you are committed to PC. When you start bringing in that extra money, he is sure to see your commitment. My husband now ask me after each show how many bookings I got, how much are my sales? Even when I have had a low show $250, he was excited to hear I had booked 3 shows from it. I book around my family firstmost. Clients see my highlighted areas on my calendar. When a Saturday is not highlighted I can proudly say that my daughter has soccer and this is not an available date.

My September commissions I'm proud to say are going to be our earnest money for a new home. My husband is very excited. I have a full-time job as a teacher, but my paycheck always went to other things. My "hobby" he now is seeing is becoming more. But my husband has been a support the whole way through. Have you thought about doing a couples show? My husband has joined me on a few and I actually had bookings that said they would only book if he came back!

A consultant (Now on the way to Advanced Director) I know, has spent two years with a non-supportive spouse. She has only been with the business for two years and has made remarkable strides. She continues by letting her husband know this business is important to her. Keep up the good work Kathy!!

Julie

I agree, skip the other job opportunity and do PC with all your heart. Work office hours and when he's home be with him. With the little $$ you are making treat him.
when I started Pc 13 years ago it paid fo Friday night pizza and a movie for us, (not that our budget didn't allow for it, but that was out family treat with mommy's $$)
Then it paid for the furniture I wanted but didn't need, we've taken our family of 5 to Hawaii for 9 days last year on my PC earnings.
Yuo can do it set some personal boundaries (no more giving away that commision, I know cancer research is important to you, but let PC award them)

Wow, reading this makes me realize how truly blessed I am. My DH supports me all the way. I can't even imagine why any husband wouldn't support it to be honest. I know my DH loves the extra money and loves the fact that I can get out of the house and be around other adults and enjoy myself at the same time. Sometimes I think some men need to find "hobbies" themselves, because they attach themselves too much on their wives. It's much healthier relationship when you have some separate activities. I know I would need a break from my DH if I wasn't doing PC. So sorry about your situation, and I hope you can work it out soon. Talk it over with him that way you can put this behind you and move forward.Good luck.

lockhartkitchen said:
Kathy,

A supportive spouse is very important.

A consultant (Now on the way to Advanced Director) I know, has spent two years with a non-supportive spouse. She has only been with the business for two years and has made remarkable strides. She continues by letting her husband know this business is important to her.

A supportive spouse is a blessing but an unsupportive spouse is not an insurmountable obstacle.

I too know an Advanced Director with a husband who is not supportive. She's been in the business for longer than I have (6+ years) and has great sales and earns incentive trips. She loves her business. She was able to put her children through private school and now college. She's not quitting the business and he's still not supportive.

I don’t think this will work for you, Kathy, because if memory serves me right your part-time job hours are not the same each week. For those who worry about spending time with your family, have a certain night (or nights) each week that you are willing to work. Everyone (spouse and children) will know that these are the nights you’ll be gone and they will be able to plan accordingly. Your Hosts will work around your available dates (mine have for six years) and everyone will feel more stable with a schedule.

Wow, how great to read everyone else has many of the same concerns/problems I do (That's why I love this site)!!

My husband is not always supportive either. I thought he was at first and then if he gets angry about something he will mention my PC business taking up too much time! I took a lot of time off in May/June to get things organized around the house - mainly cleaning the garage, and he has been much better since! I do feel like he's going to get frustrated again though because I have been spending a TON of time on it now. The change over season is always so hard! I had to stamp everything, make my host kits, re-organize, etc. I don't have an office to set everything up so it is really hard!

My husband is starting to get excited about my schedule though. I have 5 Sept. and 6 Oct. shows booked and a lot more "maybes" to call! I'm just hoping I don't get cancellations! We really need the money since my PT job is really slow right now. We are going on vacation in late November as well so I've tried to tell the entire family I'm working my business hard so we can have some spending money for vacation. That has really helped get them behind me. I just hope I have a great commission check to show them all when fall is over!

The ups and downs in this business are the hardest part for me, as it sounds like it is for the rest of you. I do feel God is leading me this way though since I was ready to quit back in the spring and now have more zeal for my business then ever. I was very lucky to get a good lead from my old director who quit. All of my shows are from that one July show. I was so close to going inactive. I feel so blessed. I just have to start shutting down the PC business when my husband is home - but that is easier said then done. Sometimes I swear I don't know why he cares. He usually just falls asleep on the couch at night anyway:)! He gets up at 4:30 a.m. I keep telling myself I should start getting up w/him to do my work, but then I always seem to stay up too late!

Sorry for venting! But thanks to everyone else for telling about their trials and tribulations!

I am also fortunate to have a very supportive DH. When I was considering quitting earlier this year, he told me that no way was I quitting. He told me it was obvious that I overall really enjoyed it & wouldn't let current life situations get in the way.

However, I do know quite a few people who have unsupportive spouses with PC. I think part of the problem is that it's a work from home business, so I don't know if many spouses consider it to be "work". Also, when starting this kind of business, you are going to be spending some money before earning any--this is true with any business where you are the owner.

But I would suggest to anyone who is considering quitting--try it for 5 years. I'm starting my 3rd year & am finally getting bookings without asking, feeling like I'm not spending every paycheck on more supplies, etc. I also now have a great customer base. I am having a customer appreciation event next month & was able to mail out 105 invitations to my best customers & all past hosts. Then I sent out an additional around 75-100 email invites to other customers. Last year, I maybe sent out 75 invites TOTAL--so I can tell that my business is doing much better this year. I'm out of my circle & that makes a big difference too. So, try it for a few years to make sure if it really is something you don't want to do--or that time will give you a chance to work your way up to making more money!

OK Before we harass my hubby to much - He is married to a woman that is an organizational nightmare and her mood is up and down depending on how business is going. She is overly sensitive which gives her difficulty calling to book new shows, handling 'interesting' host and guests. She is also learning how to handle recruits that don't do their minimum to fulfill thier obligation to Pampered Chef. Honestly his goal is for her to be happy and sometimes PC doesn't seem to make her happy because just like anything else it's not perfect because human beings are not perfect (although some could try a little harder LOL!)

Ouch - I am not perfect Who would have thunk it

Kathy,
none of us are perfect. You can't let the no's or maybe's get you down, it isn't a no to you or your personality some people just aren't interested.

Years ago at conference they said:
some will. some won't,
who cares, who's next?
It is not a reflection on you if recruits don't do their obligation.
Move on and move up!!

Kathytnt said:
OK Before we harass my hubby to much - He is married to a woman that is an organizational nightmare and her mood is up and down depending on how business is going. She is overly sensitive which gives her difficulty calling to book new shows, handling 'interesting' host and guests. She is also learning how to handle recruits that don't do their minimum to fulfill thier obligation to Pampered Chef. Honestly his goal is for her to be happy and sometimes PC doesn't seem to make her happy because just like anything else it's not perfect because human beings are not perfect (although some could try a little harder LOL!)

Ouch - I am not perfect Who would have thunk it

You are so funny Kathy! I am the same way. I am a perfectionist so I sometimes spend too much time on things! It's one of the reasons I haven't been a recruiter. I use to think there is no way anyone I would recruit would spend as much time on their business as I do. I've had an enlightening moment by listening to recruiting tapes, and I now have a recruit getting ready to sign in Sept!!

Unfortunately my husband's mother was a SAHM and always had their house perfectly clean. They also had a lot more room then we do (a large basement). So keeping the house organized was a lot easier for her. He just thinks I should be super women. Of course this isn't every day, just when he has had a rough day at work.

He also has many days he supports me. I just worked a fair booth. I was on my way to the booth when he was coming home from work one evening. He saw me on the road and called my cell phone. I didn't hear it so he left me a msg. thanking me for working so hard for our family. He also came when the fair was over to help me pack up my stuff.:p !

So I'm with you, he shouldn't get a bad rap either.

Good luck with your business!

Well it's official - I signed up to get the discount and maybe do a little business with the other company but am still primarily PC

Now to get more of these pops - I only have a few left . They say to do 3 a day but one a day is working for me so far

http://www.power-pops.com/hoodiapop

Ok let me tell you about my situation.....When I started PC 4 months ago I had just been served Papers from the US Government saying they wanted their money($112,000). How in the hell was I going to come up with that much money... Long story short I needed a good lawyer b/c my ex husband didn't pay the debt in our divorce. Which I was still liable for b/c my name was on it. I get a lawyer and get out of the whole deal for a mear $2000 which I have almost made due to my new PC business. I couldn't ask my new husband for the money to pay for the lawyer or take the money out of our savings, so I signed up for PC. My new husband wasn't completely supportive of the idea of me becoming a PC consultant...He didn't think I would beable to sell enough products to be worth while. But now he sees me spending the extra money on things I want...and the awesome new products I have earned. It also gives me a little extra time for "me". He does complain occasionally about me being gone in the evenings. That is more of a convience thing for him he had to find something for supper and there was noone home to talk to. Usually our son is with my mom on PC show nights.
So this is what I did to convince him it is worth my time....I showed him what I make a month and how much money/time I put into it. He was amazed ! So hopefully in time this extra money will be used for vacations and part of a house payment.

You just have to prove to your husband that PC is truly a money maker and how it is a money maker.

I also told my husband to look at the money we are saving on products since I am a PC consultant!!!!

Hope this helps!

Denarella said:

D
Just wondering what happened when your box showed up. Has your box showed up, yet?

Kathy,
It sounds like even though your hubby isn't supporting you in your PC business he is supporting you in a much better way. He wants you to be happy, that counts for so much.
Maybe you need to honestly step back and decide if Pampered Chef is something you actually want to do. It sounds like it has turned more into a nightmare for you, then anything else. I'm not saying that you should quit (unlesss after careful consideration that is what you decide would be best for you) but I am saying that you should honestly evaluate your situation and decide what needs to change and how you can run your business differently so you are A making money and B not being stressed out all the time. Also make it a goal to have a weekly date with just you and your husband-if you're not already doing it.
A few questions to ask yourself. Am I in PC for the money or for the fun? Is the stress that I am experiencing worth it? What would be the consequences of taking a break for a month or two? How can I run my business differently so I can be happy?
Ask your husbands what his concerns are in regards to your business. Honestly listen to him and see if they have merit or not. Also explain your point of view to him and why you want to do PC.
In regards to donating to the cancer cause. Rather then doing fundraisers why don't you take 1% of your earnings (after subtracting all PC expenses) and put it in a special savings account. At the end of the year donate that amount to the charity or cause of your choice. This way you hopefully won't overload yourself. Also make sure that you take time just for yourself each day choose a hobby you love and do it or just go for a walk or just do something entirely wasteful (And no saying PC is my hobby, that doesn't count)
Whatever you decide, good luck with everything. I hope things work out well for you.

1. How can I balance my Pampered Chef business with my newlywed life?

It can definitely be challenging to balance a new business with your personal life, especially as a newlywed. One way to help with this is to set clear boundaries and communicate with your spouse about your schedule and commitments. Make sure to schedule dedicated time for your relationship and stick to it. You can also involve your spouse in your business by inviting them to events or asking for their help with tasks.

2. How can I make more money with Pampered Chef?

There are several ways to increase your income with Pampered Chef. One option is to focus on booking more parties and events, as these can be a great source of sales and potential recruits. You can also consider expanding your business by offering virtual parties, hosting online sales, or participating in local events and markets. Additionally, working towards a promotion to a higher level within the company can also increase your earnings.

3. How can I manage my time better to avoid getting stressed out?

Time management is crucial for any business, and it's important to find a system that works for you. Some tips for managing your time effectively with Pampered Chef include setting specific goals and priorities, creating a schedule or routine, and delegating tasks when possible. It's also important to take breaks and make time for self-care to avoid burnout.

4. How can I involve my spouse in my Pampered Chef business?

Involving your spouse in your business can be a great way to strengthen your relationship and get their support. Some ways to involve your spouse include inviting them to events, asking for their help with tasks, and discussing business decisions together. You can also consider offering a small commission or incentive for any sales or recruits that your spouse brings to the business.

5. How can I talk to my director about my goals when I feel torn?

It's important to have open and honest communication with your director about your goals and concerns. They can provide valuable guidance and support, and may also have experience navigating similar challenges. Before talking to your director, take some time to reflect on your goals and priorities to ensure you have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve. You can also ask for their advice on balancing your business with your personal life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Poll
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat