• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Ways to Spend $100 - Clothing, Movies, Books, Spa and More!

on books, then maybe go see a movie or two. There are over 350 retailers to choose from, but these are the main categories I was thinking about.Clothes? That would be my first pick! Then again if you are pregnant you don't want to buy anything right now unless you are need of maternity clothes. As far as books my favorite place to go is Half Priced Books. Hmmm... tough choice! What about $50 for a movie theater and $50 for SpaFinder.Can you get it in a Visa gift card? Then you could spend it whenever, wherever.....Well, with your current, alien invasion, clothes might not be the best idea. I think that

What to spend $100 on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NooraK
Gold Member
I won an award at work for last month, and I get to pick a $100 gift card. Actually, I get $100 to pick and I can actually divide it up among several places if I want to, minimum amount is $10.

The problem is deciding :) I'm notoriously bad when it comes to buying for myself, and I tend to spend my money on others, mainly DH and DS. But I really want to treat myself this time. So I need help choosing:

1. Clothing - I can't remember when was the last time I bought NEW clothes for myself
2. Movie Theater - we have not been out to the movies in years, and I'd really want to see Avatar in 3D.
3. Book Store - I don't get to read as often as I'd like, but I love books. But because we're on a tight budget, they're a luxury right now
4. SpaFinder or similar - Being pregnant, I don't know if I can get a massage (and DH has a table and the knowledge anyway), but some pampering might be nice
5. Something for the house - Not truly treating me directly, but there are some projects I'd like to do around the house that we don't currently have on the budget, and there are places like the ContainerStore as an option.

There are over 350 retailers to choose from, but these are the main categories I was thinking about.

Clothes? That would be my first pick! Then again if you are pregnant you don't want to buy anything right now unless you are need of maternity clothes. As far as books my favorite place to go is Half Priced Books. Hmmm... tough choice! What about $50 for a movie theatre and $50 for SpaFinder.

Can you get it in a Visa gift card? Then you could spend it whenever, wherever.....

Well, with your current, alien invasion, clothes might not be the best idea. I think that since this is "found money" I'd spend it on the movie, a book or two, and something from the spa. Most good spas will know what you can get done while pregnant and which procedures should wait.

I was going to say clothes but since your PG I figured you wouldn't want to wait. I voted for split so you should use some for you and get some for somewhere like Target or shop like that you like so you can stretch it! That's what I would do personally because a $100 at Target would stretch pretty far. I could get some clothes and household stuff and maybe a book or a movie. But that is me. Do what makes you happy!:) The spa thing would be great for a pedicure too though! Ok I guess I would be pretty indecisive too!:)

I'm a movie freak. And I know that with kids, it's hard to find time to go to the movies and really enjoy yourself. If I had $100, I would spread it out over the course of a month or so and go see three or four really good movies. :) BTW, Avatar was VERY good. We didn't see it in 3D, since 3D gives me headaches, but it was good just the same. :)

I'd split it between books and theater.

Then, you can go on a date with DH - and it's a fun splurge for you, but you feel like you're splurging on him too.

Then - go buy yourself some good books, and buy DS a new board book too.

There you go! You've splurged on yourself, and don't have any guilt about buying for you and not the boys! :D

Oops, didn't read the choices carefully. I voted clothing b/c you will want to get some new clothes after the baby is born but you're not going to want to spend money on them, esp. if you're not back to original size. So you'll be spending gift money on clothes you may only wear for 6 months (I'm still in those clothes 5 years later ;) But get a book or two, too. And if you can get coverage for DS, you and DH should get out to the movies before it's a real juggling act with the baby. Whatever you do - ENJOY!

Are there options for a store that has multiple options available to you? Like different super center stores?I'd probably split it at least between movies and clothes or movies and household. Get enough to pay for a night out, and then have money for the house projects you'd like to do.

I love books, yet hardly ever buy them. Get full use out of my library and then they don't clutter up my house.I would spend some on clothes and then take your new outfit and yourself to see Avatar 3D. definitely not a movie where renting will do it justice. Sounds like you deserve an evening out.

I'd say clothes too ... if you can wait until Baby is born. I got a WONDERFUL gift for my birthday of a gift certificate and a coupon that doubled it ... got a very nice dress, a top and "foundation garments" I needed badly.I'd get books too.And ... yes, you CAN get a massage and in fact, I've heard many PG women complain of aches and pain due to sleeping in an awkward position who get them regularly! I'd say at least get a shoulder or back massage, but if DH is willing and able ... save your money.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'd say clothes too ... if you can wait until Baby is born. I got a WONDERFUL gift for my birthday of a gift certificate and a coupon that doubled it ... got a very nice dress, a top and "foundation garments" I needed badly.

I'd get books too.

And ... yes, you CAN get a massage and in fact, I've heard many PG women complain of aches and pain due to sleeping in an awkward position who get them regularly! I'd say at least get a shoulder or back massage, but if DH is willing and able ... save your money.

Oooh, that's always my favorite gift to give myself (or to use a gift card towards): "foundation garments". What woman couldn't use some new bras and panties? Even the pregnant ones!

If you have one small child and one on the way, this is definitely the time to treat yourself and DH to a movie. Avatar was awesome BTW. I would also spend some on a deluxe mani/pedi since your nails are probably growing like crazy.

Congrats on the award and have a blast spending it!

Thank you ladies for the great suggestions! I will probably split the award between the four categories, since I can (I can't see myself getting the whole $100 for the movies, although it costs almost that much these days).

Rae, I love how you are calling it an alien invasion :D

The reward itself won't expire, but the particular merchant might have rules on their gift card, so it might be possible to redeem for a clothing store, and use later. Then again, there were a couple of maternity stores listed too. And yes, foundation garments may be a necessity with all these size changes coming up in the next few months...

I get $100 walmart gift card every 3 months if we don't have an accident at work. I usually give mine to my daughter that is still starting up a household.

1. How can I use $100 to update my wardrobe?

There are many ways you can use $100 to update your wardrobe. One option is to shop at affordable retailers like H&M or Forever 21, where you can find trendy, budget-friendly clothing. Another option is to shop at thrift stores or consignment shops, where you can often find unique pieces at a lower cost. You can also use the $100 to purchase a few staple items, such as a versatile pair of jeans or a classic blazer, that can be mixed and matched with items you already own.

2. What are some good movies to watch with a $100 budget?

With a $100 budget, you can either purchase multiple movies to add to your collection or splurge on a movie theater experience. If you're looking to buy movies, some popular options in a variety of genres include "The Shawshank Redemption," "The Princess Bride," "The Godfather," and "Jurassic Park." If you want to go to the movies, you can typically purchase 2-3 tickets and some snacks for around $100.

3. Are there any must-read books I can buy with $100?

Absolutely! With $100, you can purchase several books from a variety of genres, such as "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, and "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. You can also look for used books at local bookstores or online to stretch your budget even further.

4. How can I make the most of a $100 spa budget?

There are many ways to pamper yourself with a $100 spa budget. You can book a massage, facial, or other spa treatment at a local spa or salon. Another option is to purchase some at-home spa products, such as face masks, bath bombs, and scented candles, to create a relaxing spa experience in the comfort of your own home. You can also use the $100 to purchase a gift card for a future spa visit.

5. Can I use $100 to try out a new hobby or activity?

Yes, $100 can go a long way in trying out a new hobby or activity. You can use the money to purchase supplies for a new craft or DIY project, sign up for a class or workshop, or buy equipment for a new sport or outdoor activity. You can also use the $100 to try out different activities, such as a cooking class, painting session, or yoga retreat, to see what interests you the most.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda