• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Issues with Bamboo Grinder Stand - Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

In summary, some people have had issues with the Bamboo Grinder Stand out of the box. The stand can be tilted far enough to one side to touch the grinder, and the handle/upright part can be tilted. The replacement that arrived today also has the same issue.
SpiritdancerIA
Gold Member
Has anyone else had any issues with the Bamboo Grinder Stand out of the box?

The one in my sample package had issues with the handle/upright part - it was tilted far enough to one side that it was touching the grinder :( I requested an adjustment, and the replacement arrived today - and has pretty much the same problem. Granted, the second one is not as bad as the first, but it's still pretty visibly off, and I'd not want to show it off as it looks now.

I'm wondering if I just managed to get two bad ones in a row, or is this going to be a common problem? (I'd actually talk to HO so I can actually get across exactly what the problem is, but the current call-back time ends up with them calling back about the time I'd be trying to get the kids fed, and that's Not Good).

Mine's OK. Sounds like you just happened to get a couple that had the same flaw.

I just received mine today and I don't think that it's leaning at all... as a matter of fact I love it. Didn't think that I'd like it as much as I do. Biggest problem is I fell in love with the idea of putting the small bamboo tray on my table and that doesn't work with the stand (stand is too big to sit on the tray), so I have the stand with the grinders next to my stove and my other salt & pepper on my bamboo tray and a Petite Square with a tealite candle in it (not a real one, one that takes batteries and actually kind of looks like a real candle)... anyway, more info than you asked for, but no mine isn't leaning. Sorry that you're having bad luck!

Mine is ok also.

Mine is okay, but I don't like the color or the finish on it. The finish on my grinders is a little richer and has a shine to it. The finish on the stand is very dull. Is it just me?

I just took mine out, & it's perfect. sorry yours isn't that way yet. Thanks for the heads up!

Mine's perfectly perpendicular.

Mine arrived today and I was like "wow" I was very impressed with the color and the overall appearance of it seems like it is going to hold up nicely and I have already told some of my customers about it and they can't wait to get theirs who have purchased their grinders. I think this will sell good.

ChefPaulaB said:
I just received mine today and I don't think that it's leaning at all... as a matter of fact I love it. Didn't think that I'd like it as much as I do. Biggest problem is I fell in love with the idea of putting the small bamboo tray on my table and that doesn't work with the stand (stand is too big to sit on the tray), so I have the stand with the grinders next to my stove and my other salt & pepper on my bamboo tray and a Petite Square with a tealite candle in it (not a real one, one that takes batteries and actually kind of looks like a real candle)... anyway, more info than you asked for, but no mine isn't leaning. Sorry that you're having bad luck!

OMHeavens, that made me laugh. Probably b/c that's exactly what I do, too. :)

1. Why does my bamboo grinder stand crack easily?

The bamboo used for our grinder stand is a natural material and may crack over time due to changes in temperature and humidity. We recommend storing it in a cool, dry place to prevent cracking.

2. Can the cracks in my bamboo grinder stand be repaired?

Unfortunately, cracks in bamboo cannot be repaired. However, if the cracks are small, you can still use the grinder stand without any issues. If the cracks are larger and affect the stability of the stand, we recommend replacing it.

3. How do I clean my bamboo grinder stand?

To clean your bamboo grinder stand, simply wipe it with a damp cloth and mild soap. Do not soak or put it in the dishwasher as this can cause the bamboo to warp and crack.

4. Is the bamboo used for the grinder stand sustainably sourced?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we are committed to using sustainable materials in our products. The bamboo used for our grinder stand is responsibly sourced and harvested.

5. Can I use my bamboo grinder stand for other kitchen tools?

Although the bamboo grinder stand is specifically designed for our grinders, you can use it to hold other kitchen tools such as spoons or spatulas. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly before and after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefjwr