• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has Bad Bamboo Cheese Boards P. 7

In summary, Rennea is having difficulty with her Reversible Bamboo Cheese Board. She has contacted HO four or five times about the problem and has been told that it is a quality control issue and they do not have the manpower to check all the boards before they are shipped. She is disappointed in the response.
chefjwr
I posted some time ago about my Reversible Bamboo Cheese Board pg. 7 of the current catalog and how I got one back in the fall and the petite squares did not fit in the groove properly. I assumed they were all the same and tough luch for me. Then I saw someone else's set and the petite squares fit perfectly in the grooved space. I called PC and explained and even though it had been more than 30 days, they exchanged it. Guess what?? Still no fit. I assumed it was then the petite squares were not of "regulation size". I sulked and had not figured out what to do. Now, today someone has picked up on that old thread and joins me with the same issue and frustration and is telling me about a coupld others with the same problem. I also heard a month or so back that someone mentioned there had been a "bad batch". OK, so all of you with BAD CHEESE BOARDS please tell it all here and maybe we can get HO to fix the problem. If I'm frustrated, you can imagine how frustrated our customers may be. So, step right up and spill.--please.

Did you contact HO again, I'd call them. Maybe they will send you out another board. Never hurts to call and ask.

Well I need to. I am just a bit discouraged and thought it must be the squares. Now, I am thinking there are a lot of bad boards out there.

Yes I believe it's the board. There were several posts months ago about them. When did you get the board? I would have thought the problem would be taken care of by now:(

I got the original board back in the fall and the replacement with the same problem sometime in March or April of this year (I think)

hmmm, call in the morning and see what they say. I have three of my own and am one of the lucky ones and haven't had any problems.

Rennea, Your quotes are awesome. A woman after my own heart. Tell me first about your love of coffee and then about your dog. How do you fix your coffee? What brand and mix do you concoct (sp?) My dog is a chihuahua mix. I got him for the SPCA last Oct. He is smart and cut with a curly tail and I am wild about him....and MY COFFEE!

I haven't even checked my board! I've had it since Dec (host special) and never took it out because I thought I'd "gift" it away.

chefjwr said:
Rennea, Your quotes are awesome. A woman after my own heart. Tell me first about your love of coffee and then about your dog. How do you fix your coffee? What brand and mix do you concoct (sp?) My dog is a chihuahua mix. I got him for the SPCA last Oct. He is smart and cut with a curly tail and I am wild about him....and MY COFFEE!

Love coffee .....first thing in the morning I like a latte. But plain old coffee is good. LOVE white chocolate mokas but there a little naughty for the hips!!

I have four kids, 3 dogs and a cat.

Rufus~ bassett hound he's very handsomehttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/animal0041.gif

Ruby~Pom/pap mix she's my av. photo

Sassy~ Mini Dash she is sooo sweet full grown and only weighs 6lbs!! She will come to you if you call her weiner

Mr. Peepers http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/animal0052.gifmy kitty is a Mister he weighs 28lbs and no he isn't fat:)

I love my kids, my DH and I don't have human children. I take great offense to people who don't understand the love a human can share with an animal. I think it's because they have never shared there lives with that special little someone. Sad reallyhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/animal0019.gif

My sister has a little chihuahua my "nephew" just turned a year old. He's bad to the bone but we love him anyways!!

I have also had a problem(s) with the cheese board. I have had to call HO 4-5 times regarding the very same issue. I called them this morning, they are asking me to return one and they are replacing. I have asked them to make a quality check on the board but they said they don't have the man power to check all the boards before they get shipped and that since the petite squares are individually made that they may not fit all the cheese boards :mad:

Well that ticked me off, NOT what I was expecting to hear. I said, then we need to stop advertising that they DO! I am embarrassed that I have no better answer for my customer. They also stated that they have NEVER heard of this issue before, that there were no "bad batches" of the boards ever recorded. :confused:

So we shall see when I need the replacement, if it is a continual problem. BTW, I did call and asked to speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor then told the customer service rep to call me back regarding this issue :mad: Needless to say, I am not happy right now.

I gave up, two tries I was very pregnant and just didn't have the time. (I was nesting)

Doesn't sound good for me. I am wondering how much is about the squares. I may get with a friend who has some and see if hers fit the new board--mine sure don't. Thanks "Smashie" for calling. Did you mention me and my consultant # so they know it is not just you? I don't like the answer for my customers sake either--luckily I have not sold any and won't promote it. I am also hearing rusting problems with the Salad Chopper when washed in the dishwasher--I think I will not be promoting it either. So many other things to choose to talk about. Maybe everyone with the bad bamboo cheese board should call in ASAP so they can fix the problem.

Rennea, the coffee . . . what can I say. I make my own with French Market regular coffee 4 TB and Maxwell House Decaf French Roast 5 1/2 TB. for a whole pot of coffee. That stuff is not weak. I like it bold but not too much caffein. I then add to my cup 1 good TB of choc. Ovaltine (get your chocolate and minerals all in one ladies) and Land O Lakes Fat Free unflavored Half N Half. Delicious!! Add more Ovaltine for a stronger mocha flavor. I have a sytems and all who have tried have loved it.

Charlie the Chihuahua. He is adorable and can be a wild beast or a cuddler.
Did you go to Conference? If so, what did you do with your animals?

Look I have hijacked my own thread.

Feedback on your bamboo boards--Step right up. No waiting.

I have a bad one also.

Hmmm. The investigation continues. The evidence begins to mount. (Seen too many Law and Orders?? I DON'T THINK SO!)

chefjwr said:
Rennea, the coffee . . . what can I say. I make my own with French Market regular coffee 4 TB and Maxwell House Decaf French Roast 5 1/2 TB. for a whole pot of coffee. That stuff is not weak. I like it bold but not too much caffein. I then add to my cup 1 good TB of choc. Ovaltine (get your chocolate and minerals all in one ladies) and Land O Lakes Fat Free unflavored Half N Half. Delicious!! Add more Ovaltine for a stronger mocha flavor. I have a sytems and all who have tried have loved it.

Charlie the Chihuahua. He is adorable and can be a wild beast or a cuddler.
Did you go to Conference? If so, what did you do with your animals?

Look I have hijacked my own thread.
I'm from BC and I am not attending our conference, airfair alone was $1700.00
My husband and I do travel alot and when we do we leave our kids at the "pouch palace". They love it there, they are treated like gold there.

As for our brand of coffee, we use a company called "athena's delight" it's Canadian and when you place your order the coffee is then roasted and sent right to our door. So fresh and wonderful. We have a professional coffee/espresso machine, the only person who loves coffee more then me is my husband. I collect PC, he collects espresso cups:D My husband would have heart failure if the word "decaf" even was said in our house. LOL

My Charlie went to the vet's kennel while I was at Conference. Honestly, when my husband picked him up, he was covered in hair. He also "went" on the carpet in the house several times--and he is trained. I am worried about it. I left him with that kennel because they interviewed well and had been recommended to me and they said that some of the time he could be out of the kennel and upfront in the office with the reception ladies. I don't like it.

Your coffee sounds DEVINE!! I do get Gevalia French Roast and Kenyan through the mail a few times per year but can't say I like it better than the blend I have concocted.

1. What are the dimensions of the bamboo cheese board?

The dimensions of the bamboo cheese board are 7 inches in length, 7 inches in width, and 0.6 inches in height.

2. Is the bamboo cheese board dishwasher safe?

No, the bamboo cheese board is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash with warm water and mild soap.

3. How many cheese knives does the bamboo cheese board come with?

The bamboo cheese board comes with three cheese knives, perfect for slicing and serving a variety of cheeses.

4. Can the bamboo cheese board be used for other foods besides cheese?

Yes, the bamboo cheese board can also be used to serve fruits, crackers, and other appetizers.

5. Is the bamboo cheese board environmentally friendly?

Yes, the bamboo cheese board is made from sustainable and renewable bamboo, making it an eco-friendly choice for your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Smashie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • adventurechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PCJen
  • Karen Hodge