• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone experienced issues with the spring on their Salad Choppers?

In summary, the spring on the Salad Choppers in some people's units may become loose over time and cause the choppers to not feel the same when used. There is a possible solution to this issue, but it involves sending the chopper in for a new spring. Both the hosts at the weekend shows where the spring came loose and the guest who had the same issue reported that the replacement spring did not solve the problem.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone's little spring come off their Salad Choppers before? Mine came off, and I just stuck it back on. But at my shows this weekend, the choppers just didn't feel the same. Plus, it kept falling off during washing. Both hosts found the spring in their drain catchers! :eek: Good thing we found it! But still, when I stick it back on, the resistance just doesn't feel the same when I use them. Is there a solution to fixing the spring so it doesn't come off? I'm going to send it back in for a new one, but thought I'd ask how common this is for everyone.

On a side note...I just did the DCB Fajitas for 2 shows this weekend and I had fantastic sales! I'm hooked! We also made the Pass-Around Salsa and it was a huge hit. One show everyone wanted more, we made a second batch! :) At 2 of the 3 shows, we also served Janet's PB Cup Trifle. Everyone raved about it. I used that to my advantage and told them that they can go to my website to see the recipe and that led me into promoting my website for the outlet. I think I ended up drumming up some future business, I think, because a couple of the guests were family of the host's from out of state and when asked at checkout if they would like to host a catty show they said no, but that they are planning on checking out the outlet often and love to buy PC! :D These shows went so well with sales I am so excited! My hosts were excited as well! :D

I did an adjustment for a host with the same issue. It looks to be a manufacturing error, the spring is a bit too short.Robin

priscilla said:
I did an adjustment for a host with the same issue. It looks to be a manufacturing error, the spring is a bit too short.

Robin

Oh good, I thought it was the nature of the beast. LOL I'll send mine back now so I don't have to do the spring hunt everytime I wash the little bugger.

My first ones did that and I got a second pair and haven't had a bit of trouble... definitely send back!

I just did an adjustment for a guest at a show last week and she described the same problem. I've never had any trouble with mine.........knock on wood.

I had the red locking clip get loose. It kept flopping down and I couldn't use them. They have a lifetime guarantee (awesome for a $25 item!) so get them replaced.

I have replaced quite a few, either because of the spring or the red jammie becoming loose. Just keep sending them back & get new ones....;)

Yep, I've replaced mine for the same reason.

babywings76 said:
Has anyone's little spring come off their Salad Choppers before? Mine came off, and I just stuck it back on. But at my shows this weekend, the choppers just didn't feel the same. Plus, it kept falling off during washing. Both hosts found the spring in their drain catchers! :eek: Good thing we found it! But still, when I stick it back on, the resistance just doesn't feel the same when I use them. Is there a solution to fixing the spring so it doesn't come off? I'm going to send it back in for a new one, but thought I'd ask how common this is for everyone.

On a side note...I just did the DCB Fajitas for 2 shows this weekend and I had fantastic sales! I'm hooked! We also made the Pass-Around Salsa and it was a huge hit. One show everyone wanted more, we made a second batch! :) At 2 of the 3 shows, we also served Janet's PB Cup Trifle. Everyone raved about it. I used that to my advantage and told them that they can go to my website to see the recipe and that led me into promoting my website for the outlet. I think I ended up drumming up some future business, I think, because a couple of the guests were family of the host's from out of state and when asked at checkout if they would like to host a catty show they said no, but that they are planning on checking out the outlet often and love to buy PC! :D These shows went so well with sales I am so excited! My hosts were excited as well! :D

What's the Pass Around Salsa? would love to know!

babywings76 said:

I have started doing the pass around salsa when the host picks the Beef Enchilada Casserole. Letting the guests do the Salsa is a HUGE hit!

I have had guests from the previous show where we did the salsa, tell all the guests at the next show (where we didn't) how much everyone enjoyed making the salsa.

Kelly8 said:
What's the Pass Around Salsa? would love to know!

I think ChefBeckyD (correct me if I am worng) posted this with her DCB Fajita recipe originally, but it might have been in a catalog at one time...(?)

Quick and Easy Salsa
1 small peeled onion
1 peeled garlic clove
1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
½ cup cilantro leaves
1 cup grape tomatoes
½ tsp salt
1 lime

1. Cut onion into large sections. Cut jalepeno pepper in half and remove stem and seeds. Add onion quarters, jalepeno pepper and cilantro leaves to Classic Batter Bowl. Using Garlic Press, press 1 clove of garlic into Classic Batter Bowl. Coarsely chop ingredients in Batter Bowl using Salad Choppers.
2. Add tomatoes and salt to chopped mixture. Continue chopping using Salad Choppers until vegetables are desired size. Squeeze lime with citrus press into Batter Bowl, stir.
*Note: increase/decrease ingredient amounts until adjusted to personal taste.

I changed the recipe to show the garlic press.

I go ahead get the onion, jalepeno and cilantro ready and throw it in the batter bowl. I let a guest press the garlic. Then pass the batter bowl with the salad choppers and have the guests chop. Then, once it has gone around, I add the tomatoes and salt, and pass it around again from the opposite direction. Then at the end, I have a guest come up and squeeze the lime.

I usually sell either the salad choppers or citrus press when we do this recipe.

1. How do I use the Spring on the Salad Chopper?

To use the Spring on the Salad Chopper, simply place your desired ingredients in the bowl and use the chopper to quickly and easily chop them into small pieces.

2. What types of vegetables can I chop with the Spring on the Salad Chopper?

The Spring on the Salad Chopper is designed to chop a variety of vegetables, including lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, and more.

3. Is the Spring on the Salad Chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Spring on the Salad Chopper is dishwasher safe. Simply disassemble the parts and place them on the top rack of the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. Can the Spring on the Salad Chopper be used for fruits as well?

Yes, the Spring on the Salad Chopper can be used to chop fruits such as apples, strawberries, and grapes. However, it is not recommended for softer fruits like bananas or avocados.

5. How do I clean and maintain the blades on the Spring on the Salad Chopper?

To clean the blades, simply rinse them under running water and use a brush to remove any leftover food particles. It is important to dry the blades thoroughly before storing to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • doughmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chef tso
Replies