• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem with the salad choppers

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
I love my salad choppers but have been having problems with them. The spring on the first one broke so I sent it back and got a new one. Then it happened again. Don't abuse them and hand wash them carefully. Was showing them yesterday at a party and the spring fell out and landed on the floor. Saw that the spring is out of shape. anyone else have this problem? I have had to replace two guests' choppers for the same reason.

chefsteph07

Legacy Member
Jul 18, 2007
Yup, same thing happened to me, spring fell out and I am getting a new set. Don't know what the problem is!

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
Me too.... same story!

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
Same here, BUT the best is they can keep getting a new one If it continues to happen....

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
Same story....spring pops off and the latch is loose, so it keeps getting in the way when I try and chop.

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
I love them, but sending them back is a pain. Luckily I have a back up set. hope that if enough of us are having this issue, HO might look into improving the design.

cincychef

Advanced Member
Jul 18, 2007
The same thing happened to mine, when I borrowed my directors for a while it seemed like her spring was longer than mine. Maybe there was a bad batch? I have not had any problem with my new set.

laurichef

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2008
I have had the same exact problems -- spring pops out, loose latch. How many times do I have to replace them? Waiting for HO to get the hint. I mention it every time I call also.

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
This is funny, it happened to my first pair, but my second pair have been great until this weekend, the spring started slipping, I am sooo sad! I use them all the time! Guess I'll be sending them back again. Luckily, I have a spare pair on hand that I bought for my son & his fiance for x-mas, I can use those and when my replacements come I'll just put those away for x-mas.

Oct 28, 2009
I have had this happen too. The first time, I was at a cooking show cutting the 20 minute chicken fajitas and I lost the spring. Talk about embarassing! I thought that it had gone into the deep dish baker with the food - but the hostess found it on her floor. Needless tosay - they got sent back. Then, my 2nd pair did it too - my husband took the spring out and kind of streched it a little - haven't had the problem since :)

Nov 4, 2009
Not sure if this could be the reason or not, but I was told to remove the spring before putting the choppers into the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
Replies
Views