1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Problem with the salad choppers

1. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

I love my salad choppers but have been having problems with them. The spring on the first one broke so I sent it back and got a new one. Then it happened again. Don't abuse them and hand wash them carefully. Was showing them yesterday at a party and the spring fell out and landed on the floor. Saw that the spring is out of shape. anyone else have this problem? I have had to replace two guests' choppers for the same reason.

Oct 18, 2009
  2. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Yup, same thing happened to me, spring fell out and I am getting a new set. Don't know what the problem is!

Oct 18, 2009
  3. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

Me too.... same story!

4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Same here, BUT the best is they can keep getting a new one If it continues to happen....

Oct 19, 2009
  5. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Same story....spring pops off and the latch is loose, so it keeps getting in the way when I try and chop.

6. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

I love them, but sending them back is a pain. Luckily I have a back up set. hope that if enough of us are having this issue, HO might look into improving the design.

Oct 19, 2009
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Send them back.....

Oct 19, 2009
  8. cincychef

cincychef Advanced Member

The same thing happened to mine, when I borrowed my directors for a while it seemed like her spring was longer than mine. Maybe there was a bad batch? I have not had any problem with my new set.

Oct 19, 2009
  9. laurichef

laurichef Member Gold Member

I have had the same exact problems -- spring pops out, loose latch. How many times do I have to replace them? Waiting for HO to get the hint. I mention it every time I call also.

Oct 19, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

This is funny, it happened to my first pair, but my second pair have been great until this weekend, the spring started slipping, I am sooo sad! I use them all the time! Guess I'll be sending them back again. Luckily, I have a spare pair on hand that I bought for my son & his fiance for x-mas, I can use those and when my replacements come I'll just put those away for x-mas.

Oct 19, 2009
  11. I have had this happen too. The first time, I was at a cooking show cutting the 20 minute chicken fajitas and I lost the spring. Talk about embarassing! I thought that it had gone into the deep dish baker with the food - but the hostess found it on her floor. Needless tosay - they got sent back. Then, my 2nd pair did it too - my husband took the spring out and kind of streched it a little - haven't had the problem since :)

Nov 2, 2009
  12. Not sure if this could be the reason or not, but I was told to remove the spring before putting the choppers into the dishwasher.

Nov 12, 2009
Have something to add?