• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Get the Salad Chopper?

In summary, the author recommends that people get the Salad Choppers because they are great for the salsa and many other things. They also recommend washing them by hand to avoid rust. They sell well and can be had for a discounted price at shows.
jrstephens
I have some FPV that I can use. I am trying to decide if I should get the Salad Choppers. I do not know if I would use them that much. We do not eat a lot of salad and if we do it is just lettuce and cheese.

I have been reading about the Salsa to pass around at shows to sale them.

Tell me why I should get them?

GET THEM!!!!!!!!
They are awesome for the salsa!! Guests love 'em!

Do you shred/chop chicken for pizzas or casseroles? I love it for that....you can get some bigger chunks that you can with the food chopper...

jenniferknapp said:
Do you shred/chop chicken for pizzas or casseroles? I love it for that....you can get some bigger chunks that you can with the food chopper...

So, I could use them for chicken salad and stuff. I did not think about that. I do chop chicken some.

...Also tuna salad...

and ham for ham salad, ummm...I brought mine in my lunchbox to work with me today, because I didn't have time to dice my veggies up! I quickly sliced the green peppers and such, and then will dice when I get ready to eat :)

I use mine all the time for strawberry shortcake or for egg salad sandwiches. They work great!

I really like mine, too. I want to try to make the different salsa's, including fruit ones, at shows.

you could also use it to chop the pineapple and peppers for the aloha pizza.. which I LOVE

You can use them for shows, to demo salsa quickly, and get guests involved. They will love it!!! Also, strawberry for shortcake....

these ideas are great girls! Keep them coming, I have them but dont' use them a lot! I need too! I liked them at first and then I made 1-2 salads and chopped to much and didn't like the way the salad looked and really haven't picked them up since! The one thing I don't like is that they appear to rust easy! Do you ladies that love it, wash it by hand or the dishwasher?:confused: Is the dishwasher my problem? :confused: Cause I swore the directions said they were dishwasher safe! But I hate rust!:( :eek: Has no place in the kitchen, in my opinion! And it sorta freaks me out! Should I return mine for a new pair?
Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated!:) ;)

I have to say that I wash mine by hand every time....no dishwasher here! I haven't had a problem with rust, but I also don't let them soak in water at all.One other little gripe is that I get food stuck in the little slots of the spoon part, that the blades close down in to. I end up having to use a toothpick or paring knife to pick it out!

jenniferknapp said:
I have to say that I wash mine by hand every time....no dishwasher here! I haven't had a problem with rust, but I also don't let them soak in water at all.

One other little gripe is that I get food stuck in the little slots of the spoon part, that the blades close down in to. I end up having to use a toothpick or paring knife to pick it out!

That is the reason why I have a Citrus Peeler in my drainboard....works GREAT for all those nooks & crannies....;)

As far as the Salad Choppers go, I sold 25 of them in 3 shows....:cool:

Ginger428 said:
As far as the Salad Choppers go, I sold 25 of them in 3 shows....:cool:

WOW! Everyone is impressed by it, and loves to use it at my shows....but the price tag makes them all run away.... but it did help with booking July shows so they can get it at 60% off!

I bring mine to all my shows and talk about it - but I have yet to use it in a demo...but I sell at least one-two at every show and $25 is a nice amount to sell!!

jenniferknapp said:
WOW! Everyone is impressed by it, and loves to use it at my shows....but the price tag makes them all run away.... but it did help with booking July shows so they can get it at 60% off!

I also tell them that my friend has a cafe...Breakfast & Lunch & he makes ALOT of wraps.....I tell my guests that he puts all the items in a bowl, chops it up & then wraps it. Cuts his time more than half & No One likes big pieces of food in thier wraps anyway.

After reading this thread, I wish I'd gotten them on my sample order that I just submitted!

Trying to decide if I want to pay additional shipping for them....

I just won a pair at our cluster meeting, so now I have two pair. One for kit and one for home :p

Love them!

What a cool prize!

After reading them today I placed a sample order and made sure I got them. I can't wait to try them!

1. Should I use a salad chopper to cut my vegetables?

Using a salad chopper can make chopping vegetables quicker and easier, but it is ultimately a personal preference. Some people prefer the precision of using a knife, while others enjoy the convenience of a salad chopper.

2. Will using a salad chopper affect the taste of my salad?

No, using a salad chopper should not affect the taste of your salad. However, it may change the texture of the vegetables, making them smaller and more evenly chopped.

3. Can I use a salad chopper for other types of food?

Yes, a salad chopper can be used for a variety of foods such as fruits, meats, and even herbs. It can also be used for other tasks like crushing cookies or making salsa.

4. Is it easy to clean a salad chopper?

Yes, most salad choppers are dishwasher safe and easy to clean. Some models even come with a cleaning tool to help remove any food particles stuck in the blades.

5. Do I need to buy a separate container to use with the salad chopper?

No, most salad choppers come with a built-in container to collect the chopped vegetables. This eliminates the need for a separate bowl and makes for easy cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • AmyDare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies