• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Salad Chopper - Pros & Cons

In summary, the salad chopper is good for finely chopping vegetables, but it may take a bit of practice to use it effectively. It's dishwasher safe, but you should dry it off right away so it doesn't rust.
babywings76
Gold Member
Any advice on how to use this? I just got mine out and tried it for the first time. It didn't seem to cut the bell pepper very well. My lettuce is a bit pulverized now. How pre-cut does everything need to be? I like to use these products so I know how to recommend them, and the salad chopper seems pretty substantial, but I'm not won over on it. I'm tempted to just use my knife. :(

I really love it to make salsa fresca, it does wonders! I have sold a few pairs by demoing that particular recipe too! ;)

I'd do the lettuce last. It cuts up really easily. As for the pepper, it may just take a bit of practice. I found it awkward at first, but now I love it.

where can I find the recipe for that?

A basket of grape tomatos, 1/4-1/2 onion, 1 clove garlic, lots o cilantro, 1/2 jalepeno pepper (with or without seeds, depending on the heat you want), salt and pepper to taste. Splash of lemon or lime optional.

Last edited:
Red peppers are thicker and harder to chop than your lettuce so you either want to start with smaller pieces or start chopping those first before the lettuce.My favorite thing is chopping chicken. Makes great small chicken pieces or finely chopped chicken for different recipes.

I'm on my 2nd salad chopper, and this 2nd one is also getting rust spots from the dishwasher.
At least it has a lifetime guarantee!

Don't like mine. Seems to destroy the lettuce. Got it out at a wedding shower b/c host requested it & chopped onions---only to have it squirt onion juice right in my eye. Tips anyone???

kspry said:
I'm on my 2nd salad chopper, and this 2nd one is also getting rust spots from the dishwasher.
At least it has a lifetime guarantee!

You need to dry it off right away, it's the same as our forged knives.

Are you holding it like scissors? or are you holding it with the loop end away from you? I found it works best with the loop end away from me--I seem to get more leverage that way. I absolutely love mine. We have two sets--one stays in my kit and the other stays home because my hubby loves it for his chopped salad.

My tips would be to use a nice deep bowl (like our ss bowls or batter bowls)
Hold it with the tip pointed straight down, not like scissors
Items that you want FINELY minced, or that are hard to chop, put those in first (pepper, celery, onions)
Items that you just want roughly chopped, or that chop easy put in last (lettuce, tomatoes)

HTH

You need to dry it off right away, it's the same as our forged knives.

I'll read the use & care again - but I know the catalog says it's dishwasher safe, which forged cutlery isn't. So....having to hand dry it doesn't make a lot of sense.

The salsa recipe that was in the F/W 2007 catalog is really good, by the way. But that was cutting little jalapeno peppers, not bell peppers.

I'm new (still in my 30 days) and use this site when ever I have any questions so thanks for all of your wonderful helpful answers.

I had a customer ask how we sharpen the salad choppers and kitchen shears any one know? My director still hasn't got back to me on this one

mamaliss said:
I'm new (still in my 30 days) and use this site when ever I have any questions so thanks for all of your wonderful helpful answers.

I had a customer ask how we sharpen the salad choppers and kitchen shears any one know? My director still hasn't got back to me on this one

My understanding is that both of those are self-sharpening.....

I love my salad chopper!!!!! It is so easy to wash that I just do it right away and dry it and have never put them in my dishwasher (very rare for me to not put something dishwasher safe in the dishwasher!).

I love the salad chopper. I use it for everything. I have even bought stir fry beef before and used the salad chopper to cut it into smaller pieces for stew. I haven't paid any attention to how I hold it, it just works.

I gave my mom one and she loves it. She called me the other day and wants me to make a brochure about the salad chopper so she can take it to restaurants. She said they need to learn to chop their lettuce and not give you giant pieces of lettuce you have to cut with your knife to eat. She was asking me to make this brochure and I said "sure, what are you going to do with it" and then she told me about the restaurants...I nearly fell over laughing. She also "got onto" my cousin because she didn't have one and her lettuce was too big. She demos them when people come to her house...but I have not received any orders.

My suggestion is to just use them. Once you get used to the way they feel and handle you will love them.

I don't use mine for salads, but I love to make chicken salad with it! I take rotissire (sp?) chicken, cut it off the carcus and throw it in a tupperware bowl. I add a little mayo, celery and dill and chop away. It is literally (and I hate this word when used incorrectly) a three minute lunch.

1. Is the Salad Chopper easy to use?

Yes, the Salad Chopper is very easy to use. It has two sharp blades that easily cut through vegetables and greens, making it a breeze to chop up ingredients for salads or other dishes.

2. Can the Salad Chopper be used for other types of food besides salads?

While the Salad Chopper is specifically designed for chopping salads, it can also be used for other types of food such as fruits, nuts, and cooked meats. However, it may not be as effective for harder or larger ingredients.

3. Is the Salad Chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad Chopper is dishwasher safe. It is made of high-quality stainless steel and can withstand being washed in the dishwasher without any damage.

4. Does the Salad Chopper come with a cover for safe storage?

Yes, the Salad Chopper comes with a cover for safe storage. The cover helps protect the sharp blades and also keeps the chopper clean when not in use.

5. What are the dimensions of the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper measures approximately 5.5 inches in diameter and 4 inches in height, making it compact and easy to store in any kitchen cabinet or drawer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PCwithStay-C