• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Benefits of HWC Plastic Knife & Salad Chopper

In summary, the new salad chopper is meant for salads to be eaten right away and the plastic knife is for chopping lettuce and other veggies.
beepampered
Two questions:

1. What are the benefits of the HWC plastic knife?

2. Does cutting lettuce with a metal knife turn your lettuce brown? How quickly after cutting? If so, wouldn't the new salad chopper do it as well?

Thanks....

Plastic knifeYes I have read that metal knives reacts with vegetables and turns the ends brown quickly. While the plastic knife keeps them green, fresher, longer.
Unlike metal, plastic won’t oxidize lettuce so edges don't brown.

Kids can use it too. It's safer than metal.

I have actually seen plastic lettuce knives for sale. These are the benefits of using them as opposed to metal.

The new salad chopper I think is meant for salads to be eaten right away. The plastic knife is for chopping lettuce and other veggies while storing leftovers.

Salad choppers - $25.00
Plastic HWC knife - $7.00

Not that I wouldn't push for the pricier item but the plastic knife is for a good cause and is cheaper so they can buy 2-4 at a time for gifts.
Debbie :D

I think the fact that it won't turn lettuce brown is probably the reason some folks will get this. If you are shredding lettuce for tacos or chopping lettuce for a large salad that will probably have leftovers, this would be the knife to use! If you use a metal blade, the lettuce will probably brown within an hour or so. (This is the reason my mom taught me to hand tear lettuce leaves...)

Also, it can be used in non-stick cookware or pans safely!

They also mentioned you can use it to cut soft items: sandwiches, brownies, cakes, etc.

I doubt these will be a big seller...but then again I could be wrong!

I have a lot of customers that just don't like stoneware, so you can always sell them to metal pan owners so they can cut the food without scratching the pan. I used mine on my stoneware today because even though you can use regular knives I don't like the sound it makes. I do the clubhouse chicken squares at my shows and am going to use this to cut the pieces.

Great idea
gilliandanielle said:
I have a lot of customers that just don't like stoneware, so you can always sell them to metal pan owners so they can cut the food without scratching the pan. I used mine on my stoneware today because even though you can use regular knives I don't like the sound it makes. I do the clubhouse chicken squares at my shows and am going to use this to cut the pieces.

That is a great idea. I hate the sound it makes too, it's like the nails on the chalkboard thing for me, except I don't mind that as much as someone playing with a balloon!! :eek:

I feel like jumping around with my hands over my ears when I hear that sound. I love that recipe and what a great way to show off the tool early at shows and sell to those who want a plastic cutter instead of a metal one. I will be doing the same, thanks for the great idea!!

Debbie :D

I really only used it because I wanted to play with it :D

Related to Exploring Benefits of HWC Plastic Knife & Salad Chopper

What is HWC plastic and why is it used for knives and salad choppers?

HWC plastic stands for high-wear carbon plastic, which is a durable and strong material commonly used in kitchen utensils. It is preferred for knives and salad choppers because it can withstand frequent use and is resistant to staining, chipping, and cracking.

Is the HWC plastic knife and salad chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the HWC plastic knife and salad chopper are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water to prolong their lifespan.

Can the HWC plastic knife and salad chopper be used on all types of fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the HWC plastic knife and salad chopper are designed to be versatile and can be used on all types of fruits and vegetables. It is especially useful for slicing and chopping leafy greens, such as lettuce and spinach.

Do I need to sharpen the HWC plastic knife and salad chopper?

The HWC plastic knife and salad chopper are made with a durable and sharp blade that does not require frequent sharpening. However, if you notice a decrease in performance, you can use a sharpener specifically designed for HWC plastic.

What are the benefits of using the HWC plastic knife and salad chopper?

The HWC plastic knife and salad chopper offer several benefits, including durability, versatility, and ease of use. They are also lightweight and do not rust, making them a long-lasting addition to your kitchen utensils. Additionally, the sharp blades make slicing and chopping fruits and vegetables effortless and precise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jessamary
  • kisrae
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kisrae
  • esavvymom