• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient and Durable Salad Spinner for Quick and Easy Meal Prep

R
RachelNguyen
I admit when the salad spinner first came out I was skeptical at the price. I bought my oxo one for 1/2 the price. BUT, I have been through 3 of the oxo ones over the years and ours is absolutely fantastic. Even my husband was thrilled with it.

Why?

First, it only takes a push or two to dry a whole head of lettuce, rather than having to continuously push on the nob (or pull a string) with the other brands. Second, the bowl holds a whole head, no problem, so you can wash one all at once. We eat salad every single night, so a good salad spinner is a must.

Here's my technique. I fill the bowl (minus the colander part) with cool water. I put the lettuce leaves into the water and swish them around, then put them in the colander, dump the water, put the colander in the bowl and put the lid on to spin. It is so much easier than washing the leaves one at a time. They get just as clean in a fraction of the time.

The lid is very heavy duty... much heavier than the oxo version, which will keep the spinner from sliding around on the counter. Plus there is a silicone ring on the bottom of the bowl to keep it from slipping. It makes washing lettuce and other vegetables much easier and faster.

I love this new salad spinner! Even if you don't earn it, you should tell your customers about what a fantastic product it is. Especially with salad season coming up!

Thanks, Rachel! I'm going to use mine tonight. :)

My DH was even impressed. The brake was the thing that put him over the top.

I was hoping to earn it but my party that would put me over the top rescheduled. I think I will be getting it though.

How does everyone have theirs already? I havn't got mine and I earned mine!
Schel :(

schel said:
How does everyone have theirs already? I havn't got mine and I earned mine!
Schel :(
They get processed as you earn them...yours is probably coming soon!;)

I want it sooooooooo bad!
I am hoping that I close all 3 of my shows by the 20th!
Thank you for your input!

use it to washed your bagged lettuce too!
You'll be amazed :( & you thought it was clean

I looked through product adjustment and see the date is 4/3/07! I haven't gotten it yet. Usually I get it the next day, I think. I'll have to call HO if it doesn't show tomorrow. Is there any way to find a tracking #?

Glad to hear such good things about it:)
I'm sad though cause mine hasn't arrived yet...I earned it back on March 20..maybe I need to call HO.

Jules711 said:
I looked through product adjustment and see the date is 4/3/07! I haven't gotten it yet. Usually I get it the next day, I think. I'll have to call HO if it doesn't show tomorrow. Is there any way to find a tracking #?

Go back to the product adjustment screen where you found the date. Write down the info (your consultant's number G,etc.), then go to FedEx.com and go to tracking and by reference number. Put that full number with the letter and add 01 to the end and you will get your tracking info.

Too bad we can't get it on Kit Enhancement, right? You can only get items on KE when they are available to the customer so we can't order samples until May?? I may not earn them so just wondering.

pamperedharriet said:
Go back to the product adjustment screen where you found the date. Write down the info (your consultant's number G,etc.), then go to FedEx.com and go to tracking and by reference number. Put that full number with the letter and add 01 to the end and you will get your tracking info.

I tried that. It didn't work. consultant#Gshow#01, right?

Never mind! Found it.

Teresa Lynn said:
use it to washed your bagged lettuce too!
You'll be amazed :( & you thought it was clean

Look at the preservatives in that bagged lettuce you are eating also!! People with allergies have a hard time with some of the preservatives. I used to be a prep cook and we had to prep heads of lettuce and use lime or lemon juice to keep it fresh vs. a preservative. Used to have to cut up 2 large Trash Cans a day of the stuff. Nightmare!!
I will love my salad spinner. :D
Schel

Even with the preservative by the time we finish the bag it's a little nasty - will save money I live the lemon/lime idea for keeping things fresh

Wow, my director had her's at our meeting last night....I was amazed at how EASY it is to use! With one finger you can push the lever down once, & it spins for about 20 seconds. I was impressed:)

1. How does the efficient and durable salad spinner work?

The salad spinner works by using centrifugal force to quickly and effectively remove excess water from washed salad greens. This is done by placing the greens in a colander inside a spinning bowl, with a lid on top. The spinning motion of the bowl causes the greens to be pushed against the sides of the colander, allowing the water to drain out through the holes.

2. What makes this salad spinner more durable than other brands?

This salad spinner is made with a heavy-duty lid and a silicone ring on the bottom of the bowl to prevent slipping. This ensures that the spinner will stay in place and not slide around while in use. Additionally, the bowl is large enough to fit a whole head of lettuce, making it more efficient and convenient to use.

3. How does this salad spinner compare to other brands in terms of price?

Although the initial price may seem higher than other brands, this salad spinner is more cost-effective in the long run. Other brands may break or wear out quickly, requiring frequent replacements. However, this salad spinner is built to last and can save money in the long term.

4. Can this salad spinner be used for other types of vegetables?

Yes, this salad spinner can be used for washing and drying various types of vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, and herbs. It is a versatile tool for preparing a variety of fresh produce for meals.

5. Is this salad spinner easy to use?

Yes, this salad spinner is very easy to use. It only takes a few pushes to dry a whole head of lettuce, compared to having to continuously push or pull a string with other brands. The large bowl also allows for washing a whole head of lettuce at once, saving time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • JAE
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies