• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Amazing Salad Spinner - My New Favorite Kitchen Tool!

very well!The small basket lets you easily remove the mushrooms without getting your hands wet. The spinner is easy to clean.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I knew I was going to love the salad spinner....just didn't realize I would love it this much! I've used it for lettuce of course......I love the little brake button too!:D But this weekend I used the berry bowl to dry a quart of strawberries - Yahoo! Worked so great! AND then, I needed to dry a box of whole mushrooms I had washed, so I threw those in the berry bowl, gave it a few whirls, and my mushrooms were dry too! Love it!I keep thinking I should put it in the cupboard, but I've used it so much that I hate to move it off the counter!

Oh - and I keep thinking of all the times I ALMOST bought a TW, or OXO salad spinner - sooooo glad now that I waited for the best one....and got it for free!:D

It is nice, isn't it? I used it for the first time on Sat. at a show to dry berries. I also wanted to add that I was watching Good Eats the other night and he was doing a show on squid (I know, probably not something most of us eat regularly) and he used a very similar spinner to dry the cut squid. In fact first he put the squid in the colander and filled the tub with water to wash it, pulled out hte colander to dump the water and then spinned it. So obviously these things have a lot more uses than just berries and salad!

I will not be using my Squid Spinner on a regular basis I am anti-tentacles

I got an America's Test Kitchen update today. They don't usually test PC products because they aren't available at retail outlets, so they didn't choose ours as best. (They would have, though.) Still, I plan to use this info at my upcoming shows:

EQUIPMENT TEST: Salad Spinners

We've consistently found that salad spinners are well worth the space they occupy in the kitchen. Spinning greens dry rids them of excess water that would otherwise leave them damp and limp in the salad bowl. And greens that have been thoroughly dried don't dilute the dressing.

raebates said:
I got an America's Test Kitchen update today. They don't usually test PC products because they aren't available at retail outlets, so they didn't choose ours as best. (They would have, though.) Still, I plan to use this info at my upcoming shows:

EQUIPMENT TEST: Salad Spinners

We've consistently found that salad spinners are well worth the space they occupy in the kitchen. Spinning greens dry rids them of excess water that would otherwise leave them damp and limp in the salad bowl. And greens that have been thoroughly dried don't dilute the dressing.

Thanks Rae - I'm doing a salad at a show later in May and I know the people attending aren't big spenders...this will help show its usefulness!

Tell them all to book July shows. I've already got one on my calendar specifically because of the Salad Spinner.

raebates said:
Tell them all to book July shows. I've already got one on my calendar specifically because of the Salad Spinner.

Me too! And a host who is trying really hard to get someone to book in July so she can get it! Love it when the host does that for me!;)

And Kathy - that was funny! I'm with you on that one - squid isn't a big menu item here in Mich., not sure if I could even use that as a selling point!:D

But hey - If AB does it......

I so wish I could justify spending that $64 on all of products!
My DH and I are on a strict budget,,,,UGH!
Any suggestions to persuade him into allowing me to buy it?

Kathytnt said:
I will not be using my Squid Spinner on a regular basis I am anti-tentacles
:D

I wonder though how it would work with other foods that you wouldn't think of putting in it--basically anything that you want "dry" before you bread it so that you don't get a soggy breading.

dwyerkim said:
:D

I wonder though how it would work with other foods that you wouldn't think of putting in it--basically anything that you want "dry" before you bread it so that you don't get a soggy breading.

Well, I tried it w/ Rotini Pasta cooked "al dente" for a Pasta Salad.....that didn't work! The pasta, from the force of the spinning, slid right thru the slits in the bowl, and alot of it shredded. So learn from my mistake!:eek:

I used mine for cleaning mushrooms the other day. I put them in the small basket and filled the spinner about half full with water. I spun it a few times, emptied the water, and spun them dry. Worked great.

raebates said:
I used mine for cleaning mushrooms the other day. I put them in the small basket and filled the spinner about half full with water. I spun it a few times, emptied the water, and spun them dry. Worked great.

Umm, Rae - that's what started this thread!;) :p

Sorry. I always hit "Go to First Unread Post," so I lose track of the beginning. How about we just consider mine a reiteration of the many wonderful uses of this product?

raebates said:
Sorry. I always hit "Go to First Unread Post," so I lose track of the beginning. How about we just consider mine a reiteration of the many wonderful uses of this product?

Done! That was good enough to be repeated......love the spinner!

I havn't even hit my 30 days yet and I can't keep up with using all my new products. I earned the spinner and it is still in the box :mad: but I am going to use it tonight since reading all the praises.

I got a catalog show booked cause the girl really wanted the spinner her friends work all different times of the day. But I love the spinner myself.

Melissa, host your own show for Breast Cancer Awareness month and get it FREE or half price!!

I just LOVED it!! I can't stop playing with it!!!:D

Okay, if any of you have paid any attention to my posts on here in the last few weeks, you know this is a thread that just about made me jump out of my seat in glee!!!!:eek: :D :rolleyes:
You all know how much I love this spinner! I'm not kidding every flippin time I use it I squeal like a school girl!:D I am a salad freak!!! Also, I love it for berries and everything! I refuse to put it away, it is still out sitting on top of my microwave cart so I can walk by and see it and smile and think about my next salad!:D :eek: I know, a little extreme but my passion about the products has always been one of my #1 reasons why I'm good at my business! My Mom told me when I was young that I could sell an eskimo a swimsuit, that when I'm passionate about things I can really make someone want it bad and well, that's how I am at shows! I do well at creating that need!!! ;) :rolleyes: :D
So, checkbeckyd, I totally agree with you and am completely on board this salad spinner love wagon!!!!:p

I love mine so far too. I never new how much water lettuce held until I spun this weekend.

Okay - I used mine this morning to spin dry a big bunch of grapes that I washed! One more reason to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Salad Spinner!

Chozengirl said:
I so wish I could justify spending that $64 on all of products!
My DH and I are on a strict budget,,,,UGH!
Any suggestions to persuade him into allowing me to buy it?
1. It is a tax write off
2. These items are a booking tool. I love the new products and when we show them to guests they will want them too. Hmmmmm more bookings=more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
3. Just tell him because you said so!! (Ok that one probably won't work!!):)

I use my TW to dry shredded potatoes when I make hashbrowns (haven't made them in awhile so haven't used ours yet.)

do you think you can spin Spinach once it has been "wilted" (or microwaved)... it retains so much water for a Spinach carbonara pizza....

Last edited:
mclough said:
do you think you can spin Spinach once it has been "wilted" (or microwaved)... it retains so much water for a Spinach carbonara pizza....

Spinach really needs to be squeezed to get all the water out.

What is the Amazing Salad Spinner and how does it work?

The Amazing Salad Spinner is a kitchen tool designed to quickly and efficiently dry salad greens. It works by placing the greens in the basket, filling the outer bowl with water, and spinning it to remove excess moisture.

Is the Amazing Salad Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Amazing Salad Spinner is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Simply remove the lid and basket, and place them in the dishwasher for a thorough wash.

What types of greens can I use with the Amazing Salad Spinner?

The Amazing Salad Spinner can be used with a variety of greens, including lettuce, spinach, kale, and herbs. It can also be used to dry fruits and vegetables like berries and cherry tomatoes.

How long does it take to dry the greens with the Amazing Salad Spinner?

The amount of time it takes to dry the greens with the Amazing Salad Spinner will vary depending on the amount of moisture in the greens and how fast you spin the basket. On average, it takes about 2-3 minutes to effectively dry a full basket of greens.

What are the benefits of using the Amazing Salad Spinner?

The Amazing Salad Spinner offers several benefits, including saving time and effort in drying greens, preventing soggy salads, and ensuring even distribution of dressings. It also helps to remove excess dirt and bacteria from the greens, making them safer to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
byrd1956