• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Satay Chicken Pasta Salad Disaster: How One Label Ruined My Salad Spinner Bowl

but I think a lot of people would be unhappy if their expensive bowl just broke when they tried to use it.It sounds like they may not have a lot of these bowls available as replacements. It's worth considering sending it back if it's an issue that you're concerned about.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Yesterday I took the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad to my church and transported it in the Salad Spinner. When I got there, I saw little tiny labels. Instead of writing my name on it, I wrote: CONTAINS PEANUTS on a label and affixed it to the side of the bowl. (Didn't want to risk someone dying of an allergic reaction.)

I put the leftovers (yes, there were some, go figure!) in the fridge and left for work. When I got home, I noticed that Somewhat Helpful Roomie had polished off the rest and washed the spinner ... but the label was still on there. So I decided to try to remove it.

Unfortunately, I ruined the bowl when I put rubbing alcohol on the sticky stain!

Now the bowl is scratched and ugly ... no way I can take this to shows!

All's well that ends well ... it was within the 30 day guarantee, so they are sending a new one ... the whole spinner, not just the bowl! So I am giving the damaged one to an impoverished friend rather than toss it in a landfill.

But next time ... I think I'll stick to a place card and tape or something!

So sorry to hear about this. Your impoverished friend will be grateful as will we who have learned by your experience!

Glad they are replacing it for you!:)

thanks for the heads up!! I am always hesitant to put sticky labels on my products and you just confirmed for me why I shouldn't do it! Thanks!!

Do you think orange solvent would work? Or might that have ruined it as well?

Goo gone works great too. Just for the future. I am glad it was resolved for you!

Next time you find yourself in a "sticky" situation like that, use plain old vegetable oil to remove the sticky.

A little vegetable oil will get it right off!---NEXT TIME!

I did think of oil ... after the fact.

All out of Goo Gone so that's why I thought of the alcohol ... figured they'd do the same thing. NOT! It burned the plastic!

I cannot understand why the bowl is not available as a replacement part. It would have been worth it to send it back if I'd had to do that ... but it seems very wasteful. Also, the bowl, IMHO, has serious potential to get broken or cracked!

I broke my bowl on the way home from a show. Had to send a broken piece plus the rest of the spinner pieces to get it replaced.

Hmmm! When I mentioned to the solution center rep that I was surprised the bowl is not a replacement part and that it seems to me that it would have the potential to break, she said she doesn't get a lot of adjustments for that. Well ... maybe YOU don't ...

1. What is "Don't Try This at Home!"?

"Don't Try This at Home!" is a collection of recipes and cooking techniques that are not suitable for home cooks to attempt on their own. They are meant to be demonstrated by trained professionals and should not be attempted without proper supervision and training.

2. Why should I not try these recipes at home?

These recipes involve advanced cooking techniques, specialized equipment, and potentially dangerous ingredients. Attempting them without proper knowledge and training can result in serious injury or harm.

3. Who is the target audience for "Don't Try This at Home!"?

The target audience for "Don't Try This at Home!" is professional chefs and experienced cooks who are looking to expand their skills and try more challenging recipes. It is not recommended for novice cooks or home cooks without proper training.

4. Are the ingredients used in these recipes easily accessible?

Some of the recipes in "Don't Try This at Home!" may require specialized or hard-to-find ingredients. However, most ingredients should be available at well-stocked grocery stores or online. It is important to properly source and handle these ingredients to ensure safety and quality in the final dish.

5. Can I modify these recipes for home cooking?

While it is not recommended to attempt these recipes at home, some elements or techniques can be adapted for home cooking. It is important to carefully read and understand the recipe before attempting any modifications and to always prioritize safety and caution in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenf
Back