• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Satay Chicken Pasta Salad-Great for Shows

In summary, the conversation is about making a Satay Chicken Pasta Salad from the F/W 08 SBRC and how easy and delicious it was. The process involved cooking chicken in the DCB in the microwave, making homemade Asian salad dressing, and mixing it all together with cooked pasta, julienned veggies, and chopped peanuts. The recipe can be made in less than 40 minutes and can be served at any temperature. The conversation also includes tips on using Pampered Chef products and dealing with clumping Asian seasoning mix.
JAE
Sorry, this turned out to be so long. :)

I thought I'd share that I made the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad for dinner tonight from the F/W 08 SBRC. It was so easy and so good. It took between 30 and 40 minutes. Here's the run down:

First I heated the water, and while I was waiting for it to boil I placed a pound of frozen chicken in my DCB into the microwave. I had to use the thawing process on my microwave twice before it was ready to cook. Then I cooked it for 6 minutes, and when I checked it there was still some pink. I cooked it for two more minutes. My microwave cooks hot and fast, so 8 minutes is probably the minimum for two large chicken breasts totaling 1 pound.

While chicken was cooking, I made Asian salad dressing from the recipe on the Measure Mix N Pour. I don't like buying prepared dressing.

The pasta took about 14 minutes to boil (I like it really soft). I bought the colorful kind so it looked pretty.

I measured one cup of the homemade Asian dressing into the small batter bowl and mixed it with the peanut butter and Asian seasoning, measuring both of those in the Easy Adj. Measuring Spoon (seasoning first). (My Asian Seasoning Mix was clumped together in the bottle. I had never had that happen with any other seasoning mix from PC. Hmm..) At some point I drained the pasta, rinsed it and dumped it into the 6 qt stainless bowl.

I julienned the carrots, but didn't read that they needed to be cut into 1 inch pieces until after I put them in a bowl, so I skipped cutting them. But I did cut the red bell pepper strips into 1" pieces. I wiped the cutting board off with a paper towel and chopped the peanuts. I forgot about the basil, and I didn't have an entire cup because I used most of it for last night's dinner. I used about 1 teaspoon of dry basil instead.

I mixed it all together in the 6 qt stainless bowl, put the lid on, and put it into the frig. It was perfect for a make ahead dinner. My husband and eldest son liked it. Younger son doesn't like anything that is different. Pretty good show recipe because you can show the cookware for the pasta, the DCB for the chicken, the food chopper for the peanuts, the cutting board and knife for the veggies, the stainless bowl, colander, whisk, batter bowl or small stainless bowl, the Measure Mix N Pour to make your own dressing, julienne peeler, and if you have the dots round bowl for serving, you are all set!

This was all done in less than 40 minutes. If the chicken had been fresh or already thawed, it would have taken closer to 30 minutes, and that's with making your own dressing.

So all of it is served cold?

Shoot, I just made the creamy one pot pasta last night.....and we have a ton left over - I won't be able to make this for another week! You made it sound so good....and DUH! I was hesitant about buying an Asian dressing (Don't usually like the purchased ones) and never thought about making the PC recipe!

Oh - and my Asian spice mix always clumps - it's the only one that does.

JAE said:
<snip> (My Asian Seasoning Mix was clumped together in the bottle. I had never had that happen with any other seasoning mix from PC. Hmm..) <snip>
So is mine! This salad can be served at any temperature.

DebbieJ said:
So is mine!

This salad can be served at any temperature.

OK...Thanks!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Shoot, I just made the creamy one pot pasta last night.....and we have a ton left over - I won't be able to make this for another week! You made it sound so good....and DUH! I was hesitant about buying an Asian dressing (Don't usually like the purchased ones) and never thought about making the PC recipe!

Oh - and my Asian spice mix always clumps - it's the only one that does.
Bummer! It was so fast and easy. I can't wait to have a show and make this. You would love using your DCB for the chicken while cooking the pasta and making the salad dressing, plus chopping the veggies and peanuts. I was completely amazed how efficient I was in the kitchen. And, I only left out one ingredient! (Added later in a dry form.)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having the clumping issue, Deb and Becky.

JAE said:
Bummer! It was so fast and easy. I can't wait to have a show and make this. You would love using your DCB for the chicken while cooking the pasta and making the salad dressing, plus chopping the veggies and peanuts. I was completely amazed how efficient I was in the kitchen. And, I only left out one ingredient! (Added later in a dry form.)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having the clumping issue, Deb and Becky.

I'm gonna go look at my MM&P sometimes if you add things differently they won't clump...HTH

the seasoning is clumped in the bottle, not when you add it to the dressing.

AHA!! Now I see...

DebbieJ said:
the seasoning is clumped in the bottle, not when you add it to the dressing.

Yeah, that's what I meant too!

I have the same clumping issue. I noticed it as I was unpacking for a show last night, and quickly tossed it back into my bag. Is it the ginger -(no, not Ginger428)?
Has anyone called HO about it?

And the salad sounds delish...

It's the salt that clumps. My only other seasonings that clump are those with salt in them.

My Asian seasoning is clumped too...I thought it was just because I hardly use it and went to pull it out for another recipe I did last week. Interesting!

The DCB for the chicken? Never would have thought of it .... I was planning to cook it in my skillet.

Our cluster has a "pig fest" so I have volunteered to bring this. I plan to:

* Cook the chicken in the DCB
* Cook the pasta in my stock pot. :)
* Go ahead and use the bottled dressing. (Asian is the only kind I like.)
* Grate ginger on my microplane grater and press garlic in the garlic press, because I don't have the asian seasoning.
* Chop the carrots with the forged cutlery (no Julienne peeler.)
* Measure the peanut butter in the adjustable spoon.
* PERHAPS mix it all in the stock pot or (GASP!) a non-pc bowl.
* Since the cluster meeting is a 40 minute drive away, bring the dotts large bowl and the mega scraper, and transfer to the pretty bowl upon arrival.

Do you think it matters if I use a green pepper instead of red? There's a $1.20 price difference between the two!

Di_Can_Cook said:
The DCB for the chicken? Never would have thought of it .... I was planning to cook it in my skillet.

* Grate ginger on my microplane grater and press garlic in the garlic press, because I don't have the asian seasoning.
* Since the cluster meeting is a 40 minute drive away, bring the dotts large bowl and the mega scraper, and transfer to the pretty bowl upon arrival.

Do you think it matters if I use a green pepper instead of red? There's a $1.20 price difference between the two!

I don't care for green pepper very much. IMO the price difference when sharing with others who are trying out the recipe is worth the cost.

JAE said:
I don't care for green pepper very much. IMO the price difference when sharing with others who are trying out the recipe is worth the cost.

I won't eat it if it has green pepper in it. I don't like the taste...especially when I am still tasting it for the next 24 hours.:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
I won't eat it if it has green pepper in it. I don't like the taste...especially when I am still tasting it for the next 24 hours.:yuck:

You crack me up Becky. :D I went out to dinner with DH and had garlic rolls and I have a feeling I'm going to be tasting garlic all night long. The worst part is ...I think I'm going to be waking up in the morning tasting garlic too. :yuck:
But I had a really nice time with him. :love:

I think I will make this for dinner tomorrow night! Last night at my Team meeting, we made the Mini Cheeseburgers and the Taffy Apple Tarts. Both were Yummy.

chefruthie said:
You crack me up Becky. :D I went out to dinner with DH and had garlic rolls and I have a feeling I'm going to be tasting garlic all night long. The worst part is ...I think I'm going to be waking up in the morning tasting garlic too. :yuck:
But I had a really nice time with him. :love:

mmm... garlic rolls... YUM!

laurichef said:
I have the same clumping issue. I noticed it as I was unpacking for a show last night, and quickly tossed it back into my bag. Is it the ginger -(no, not Ginger428)?
Has anyone called HO about it?

And the salad sounds delish...

hahaha...but the Ginger will clump with oil ;)

Can someone please post the asian dressing recipe on the MMP? I don't have it...I would appreciate it!

Di_Can_Cook said:

* Measure the peanut butter in the adjustable spoon.

Yes, it matters. They taste WAY different. You need the sweetness of the red pepper in this recipe.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, it matters. They taste WAY different. You need the sweetness of the red pepper in this recipe.

Yeah - that's what I was trying to say.....only you said it better!

Jill - thanks for sharing your step by step. I'll have to try this one.My hosts tend to ask for appetizers or desserts (which is fine with me too!).

OK ... I'll make it over to Aldi's ...I also am going to spin the pasta in the SPINNER!Let's see ...DCB, $65
Stock pot: $195 in executive (they don't sell my stainless one open stock! :-(
Microplane grater: $26.50
Garlic press: $15.75
Food chopper (for chicken) $29.50
Utility knife: $32
Cutting board: $16.50
Adjustable measuring spoon: $12
SALAD SPINNER: $50
Dotts large bowl: $39
Mega scraper: $16.50Showing off $497.75 worth of products (many of which are in the starter kit) PRICELESS!

Hi y'all!For the benefit of us here in Canada that haven't been to conference yet, and don't have their CO kit.... would anyone be willing to post this recipe here?My hubby loves satay, and pasta..... I would love to make this for him for dinner tonight.Cheers,
Cyndi

SATAY CHICKEN PASTA SALAD (This can be made in 30 minutes. It works great as a make ahead meal.)
8 oz bow tie pasta, cooked and rinsed in cold water
1 cup lite Asian vinaigrette salad dressing
2 tablespoons Asian Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 medium carrots, julienned and cut into 1/4" pieces
1 medium red bell pepper cut into 1/4" slices then cut into 1/4" chunks
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1 cup lightly packed fresh basil, chopped
3 cups diced cooked chicken (about 1 pound)

Mix the Asian dressing, Asian seasoning and peanut butter together in a small mixing bowl. Place it in a large bowl with everything else. Mix everything together and serve warm or cold.

I made it two hours before dinner and left it in the frig before serving. It was so fast, easy and delicious. Had leftovers the next day. Good again!

For the Asian seasoning you may substitute 1" piece peeled fresh gingerroot, finely grated, 2 garlic cloves, pressed and 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.

The chicken can be cooked in the microwave using the Deep Covered Baker. I did this while the pasta was cooking. Place 1 pound of chicken breasts into the DCB and place the lid on top. Microwave on high for 8 minutes. If it isn't cooked through, cook it for another two minutes.

You may make your own Asian salad dressing using the recipe on the Measure Mix N Pour if you have one.

Thanks a Million!You're the best!

I made this for dinner tonight and it was very good. My dh had me warm his in the microwave though because he can't stand cold pasta. (must be the italian in him!) The kids didn't really care for the basil but I thought it was delicious!

My kids don't like to eat anything green and leafy even if they don't know what it is or tastes like.

chefsteph07 said:
Can someone please post the asian dressing recipe on the MMP? I don't have it...I would appreciate it!

Can you use the asian dressing that is on the side of the asian seasoning mix for this recipe? I don't have the MMP and don't want to buy the bottled dressing.

1. How long does it take to make Satay Chicken Pasta Salad?

The total preparation time for this dish is between 30 and 40 minutes. However, this may vary depending on the type of chicken used and the cooking methods.

2. What equipment do I need to make this dish?

You will need a pot to boil the pasta, a microwave-safe dish for cooking the chicken, a cutting board and knife for the vegetables, a whisk or mixing tool for the dressing, and a large bowl for mixing everything together.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a different type of pasta, add more or less of a specific ingredient, or use a different type of seasoning.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, this dish is perfect for make-ahead meals. You can prepare and mix all the ingredients together, then store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.

5. What makes this dish a good show recipe?

This dish is a great demonstration of various Pampered Chef products, such as the Measure Mix N Pour, Easy Adj. Measuring Spoon, food chopper, and julienne peeler. It also showcases the versatility of the cookware and mixing bowls. Plus, it can be made in under 40 minutes, making it a quick and impressive meal to prepare for guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC