• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Flavor the Chicken for the Satay...

In summary, for the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad recipe, it is recommended to use a cooked chicken with added flavor, such as a rotisserie chicken or marinated chicken. Seasonings like McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger can enhance the flavor of the chicken. Other options include using premade seasoning blends, pesto, or flavored vinaigrette.
babywings76
Gold Member
For the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad recipe, it just calls for cooked chicken. When I made this the first time, I just bought a rotisserie (sp?) chicken. It tasted really good. The second time I made it I just used already cooked, plain chicken breast. But it was dry and had no flavor. Now that I have the DCB, I thought I'd make my own whole cooked chicken instead of buying the rotisserie. So now I'm wondering what seasonings to use? What would best compliment this recipe? Any ideas?

babywings76 said:
For the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad recipe, it just calls for cooked chicken. When I made this the first time, I just bought a rotisserie (sp?) chicken. It tasted really good. The second time I made it I just used already cooked, plain chicken breast. But it was dry and had no flavor. Now that I have the DCB, I thought I'd make my own whole cooked chicken instead of buying the rotisserie. So now I'm wondering what seasonings to use? What would best compliment this recipe? Any ideas?

I love the seasoning recipe for the 30 minute chicken...and sometimes I add McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning to it (just add a Tbls. to the recipe, don't delete anything) when I am going to use it for chicken salad. You can also skin the chicken before cooking it - just add the flavoring right to the meat, instead of the skin.

I have made this recipe before and I agree, using plain cooked chicken breast can be a bit bland. I find that marinating the chicken in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger before cooking adds a lot of flavor to the dish. You could also try using a premade seasoning blend like Italian seasoning or Cajun seasoning to add some extra flavor. Another option is to mix some pesto or a flavored vinaigrette into the cooked chicken before adding it to the salad. Hope these suggestions help!

1. How do I marinate the chicken for the satay?

To marinate the chicken for the satay, you can use a combination of soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar. Mix the marinade ingredients together and then coat the chicken pieces in the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling.

2. Can I use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for the satay?

Yes, you can definitely use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for the satay. Just make sure to cut them into small, bite-sized pieces so they cook evenly on the grill.

3. How long should I grill the chicken satay?

The cooking time for chicken satay will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces and the heat of your grill. Generally, it takes about 10-12 minutes to cook on medium-high heat, flipping halfway through. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

4. What can I serve with the chicken satay?

Chicken satay pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as rice, quinoa, vegetables, or a fresh salad. You can also serve it with a peanut dipping sauce for extra flavor.

5. Can I make the chicken satay ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the chicken satay ahead of time by marinating the chicken and storing it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You can also grill the chicken ahead of time and reheat it before serving. However, for best results, it is recommended to cook the satay fresh on the day of serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • DebPC