• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Plastic HWC Knife Cut an Apple? School Inquiry

In summary, a plastic HWC (handy wave cutter) knife from Pampered Chef is a versatile tool that can be used to cut a variety of foods, including apples, and is safe for children to use in a school setting. While it is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash and dry for optimal maintenance. The plastic used is also BPA-free, making it a safe and reliable option for kitchen use.
kisrae
Gold Member
Will the plastic HWC knife cut an apple? I work at a school and the teachers were wondeing if it would cut an apple. I wasn't sure and said I would try it tonight but i left it in the teachers lounge.
HELP!!

I have used it to cut an orange so my guess is that it could cut an apple?

We cut an orange but we didn't have an apple. Go fig. I'm sure it should work. I'll being and apple to work tomorrow.
Thanks.

Related to Can a Plastic HWC Knife Cut an Apple? School Inquiry

1. Can a plastic HWC knife cut an apple?

Yes, a plastic HWC (handy wave cutter) knife from Pampered Chef is designed to cut through a variety of fruits, including apples. The sharp serrated edge of the knife allows for easy slicing and the sturdy plastic material can handle the pressure needed to cut through an apple.

2. Is a plastic HWC knife safe for children to use in a school setting?

Yes, Pampered Chef's plastic HWC knife is safe for children to use in a school setting. The knife has a protective cover that can be locked in place when not in use, preventing accidental cuts. However, it is always important to supervise children when using any type of knife.

3. Can a plastic HWC knife be used to cut other types of food besides apples?

Yes, the plastic HWC knife is versatile and can be used to cut a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as softer meats such as chicken or fish. It is not recommended for cutting hard or frozen foods, as this can damage the knife.

4. How do I clean and maintain a plastic HWC knife?

The plastic HWC knife is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash and dry it to prolong its lifespan. The protective cover should also be washed and dried separately. The knife should be stored with the cover on to protect the blade.

5. Is the plastic used to make a HWC knife BPA-free?

Yes, the plastic used for Pampered Chef's HWC knife is BPA-free. It is made from a durable and food-safe plastic material that has been tested and approved for use in kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nep2nfly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • beepampered