• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Defective Lid on Trifle Bowl: Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

In summary, the lid on my trifle bowl does not seal properly. I think it is a defective lid and I will be getting a replacement.
ChefTS
I got my trifle bowl Saturday (I ordered several things from the outlet and samples form on Thursday night and got them on Saturday!), and the lid doesn't fit properly.

When I took it out of the box, the lid seemed flared out along part of the edge, and when I put it on the bowl it doesn't seem to seal all of the way. I made a trifle and put the lid on as securely as possible, placed the bowl in the fridge, and barely nudged the side of the fridge and the lid just popped off.

I'm assuming this is a defective lid and I am going to call in for a replacement, but I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.

No, my lid is fine.

No, mine was fine...actually fits very nice and snug! Sounds like yours is defective!

I was surprised that it didn't fit well, when I showed my husband he said, "wow, that's not up to PC's usual standards." :)

Definately get a replacement for it. HO should adjust it for you no problem.

You can also try putting it in hot (but not boiling) water for about 5 minutes and then putting it on the bowl while it still hot (but don't burn yourself), If it doesn't reset itself and create the seal its definitely defective. You can also use this trick with the batter/prep bowl lids.

amcclanaghan said:
You can also try putting it in hot (but not boiling) water for about 5 minutes and then putting it on the bowl while it still hot (but don't burn yourself), If it doesn't reset itself and create the seal its definitely defective. You can also use this trick with the batter/prep bowl lids.
I do this with my twixits too when they get "stretched" out.

You know, now that you mention it, my lid doesn't fit very well either.

1. What should I do if I receive a trifle bowl with a defective lid?

If you receive a trifle bowl with a defective lid, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you with a replacement lid or a return for a full refund.

2. How common is it to receive a trifle bowl with a defective lid?

Receiving a trifle bowl with a defective lid is a rare occurrence. However, if you do experience this issue, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I use the trifle bowl without the lid?

Yes, the trifle bowl can still be used without the lid. The lid is primarily used for transporting or storing the trifle, but it is not necessary for serving or preparing the dessert.

4. Will the replacement lid be the same as the original one?

Yes, the replacement lid will be the same as the original one. We strive to maintain consistency in our products, so you can expect the same quality and design in the replacement lid.

5. What is the warranty for the trifle bowl?

Our trifle bowl comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any defects or issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dianag
  • Products and Tips
Replies