• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Small Bowls Don't Fit in Caddy?

In summary, the Small Square Bowls from the SAT box don't fit in the Small Bowl Caddy. The edges of the bowls are too flared, and the bowls need to be moved around to fit. The old caddy from the catalog seems to fit the bowls, but the new caddy from HO doesn't.
Jennie50
I just got the Small Square Bowls from my SAT box, and I had ordered the Small Bowl Caddy to put them in. They don't fit! The edges seem to be too flared to allow both to sit inside the caddy at the same time. I tried turning the bowls in quarter turns, trying to figure out the trick to getting them both to lay flat, but no luck. Anyone else have a solution? They ARE supposed tofit in the old caddy, right?

According to the catalog they do. You'd better call HO.

I called HO and the agent I spoke to said she hasn't heard from anyone else that there is a problem. She is sending me replacement bowls to see if they work any better, and if not, I'm to call back and let them know.

I thought I'd seen someone else on here say their bowls didn't fit either?

I haven't tried mine yet, but 2 people on my team have had the same problem.

Oh now I am going to go home and try mine! Thanks for the heads up!

They need to be moved around to fit , the old ones had a space between them these don't . So they fit just a little tight

chef131doreen said:
They need to be moved around to fit , the old ones had a space between them these don't . So they fit just a little tight

Mine don't fit at all, unless you're aware of some trick to put them in that I'm not. I've tried to turn them different directions, put them in at the same time, one at a time, etc, and they just won't go. I heard back from my director, who received two sets of the bowls in her Free for All boxes. She said one of her sets fits and the other doesn't. Sounds like we've got a problem! Wonder how HO will respond to it?

Is anyone else concerned at all about the number of "problems" we seem to have popping up during the last year? We had the nylon tools discontinued, we had a brand new product be discontinued due to quality issues (veggie slicer), we've had a voluntary recall, followed by a product discontinued with the ice cream dipper. Now we've got the french fry cutter that's had issues and a "new" product that doesn't fit in the "old" product that it's supposed to. I've been selling for over 7 years and I don't remember every having this many problems. Should I/we be concerned?

yankfan24 said:
Is anyone else concerned at all about the number of "problems" we seem to have popping up during the last year? We had the nylon tools discontinued, we had a brand new product be discontinued due to quality issues (veggie slicer), we've had a voluntary recall, followed by a product discontinued with the ice cream dipper. Now we've got the french fry cutter that's had issues and a "new" product that doesn't fit in the "old" product that it's supposed to. I've been selling for over 7 years and I don't remember every having this many problems. Should I/we be concerned?

The nylon tools were an issue that was NO FAULT of PC. Our manufacturer (in China) went bankrupt. Short of buying the company, I don't know how this could be blamed on PC.

The veggie slicer was a quality issue. Personally I am very glad that they pulled it. I would rather have to explain it being gone than deal with my customers having injuries.

On the ice cream scoop, the main issue was with people who didn't read/fallow the use and care instructions.

I have been with PC for over 5 years and I am so thankful that we are with a company that cares so much about our quality.

Thanks for the heads up. Never thought to try mine just assumed they'd work. I did have my 1st set show up broken :(

Just tried mine and they do not fit very well. I had to turn one and then they fit ok, but one was still up a little

Mine do not fit well either. They are both raised off of the base a little bit. Not acceptable to me. So I called HO to have them sent back.

Someone on my team noticed this and called home office. They said they were aware of the problem
And had no solution at this time and to call back. I'm really surprised at the sloppiness too. Typos in the catalog??? Not very pclike

So, I got my replacement bowls from HO yesterday, and they fit in the caddy just fine...tight, but nice and level. I'd like to be able to use the set at my shows for sauces, toppings, etc, but I hesitate to sell the set if there's a high likelihood that the guests will have a difficult time with them as well.

I'm new to PC, and there's a lot of product that I "need" for use at my shows. If there's a high chance of them discontinuing the caddy by or before next season, I'd probably rather just return it now, while it's less than 30 days since my order, and apply the money to another tool I could use. Speculations on how HO is likely to respond to this, based on past experiences?

I have been hearing of alot of problems they fit , they don't and when they do fit there is a space between ect . I can see the calls already from customers .yes you can get them to fit but they are tight and I would be afraid of them chipping too.

One of my small bowls was broken, and I was thinking of getting these eventually. Have they restyled the caddies or just the simple additions?

Intrepid_Chef said:
One of my small bowls was broken, and I was thinking of getting these eventually. Have they restyled the caddies or just the simple additions?

Just the SA bowls...caddy is the same.

There's definitely a correct way and a wrong way. If you look at the bowls, two of the sides on each bowl, have a slight curve. The curved edges go to the sides, where the handle attaches to the base. If you put the in with the straight edges under the handle, they don't fit.

Someone sent out an e-mail with all sorts of information that my director passed on to me. One part said this:Small Square Bowls - Please note that these are slightly larger in design than our current Small Squares, therefore there is less room in the Small Caddy for them to fit. You may have to turn them once or twice to get them to fit. Notice that there is a straight, flat side on two sides, and a slightly concave-shaped side on the other two sides. This is part of their design and by becoming aware of which sides are facing one another, you will discover the best way to fit your squares in the caddy if you have a snug fit, as well as how to turn them to match one another on the table. When the sides do not match one another, the bowls can appear slightly uneven.

Mine fit fine.

babywings76 said:
Someone sent out an e-mail with all sorts of information that my director passed on to me. One part said this:

Small Square Bowls - Please note that these are slightly larger in design than our current Small Squares, therefore there is less room in the Small Caddy for them to fit. You may have to turn them once or twice to get them to fit. Notice that there is a straight, flat side on two sides, and a slightly concave-shaped side on the other two sides. This is part of their design and by becoming aware of which sides are facing one another, you will discover the best way to fit your squares in the caddy if you have a snug fit, as well as how to turn them to match one another on the table. When the sides do not match one another, the bowls can appear slightly uneven.

The replacement set that HO sent me are as the email describes, with a slightly curved edge. The original set from my Free For All shipment, however, does not fit, regardless of how the bowls are turned.

HO called me back last night to follow up with me about how the replacement set fits. The agent said that they are trying to gather as much information from consultants as they can before making the set available to customers in March. I told her that the new bowls fit tightly, but shared that I was hesitant about selling the set, knowing that there have been so many instances of them not working well. She said that PC is definitely concerned as well and will let us know their course of action.

Jennie50 said:
The replacement set that HO sent me are as the email describes, with a slightly curved edge. The original set from my Free For All shipment, however, does not fit, regardless of how the bowls are turned.

HO called me back last night to follow up with me about how the replacement set fits. The agent said that they are trying to gather as much information from consultants as they can before making the set available to customers in March. I told her that the new bowls fit tightly, but shared that I was hesitant about selling the set, knowing that there have been so many instances of them not working well. She said that PC is definitely concerned as well and will let us know their course of action.

So what course of action did they come up with? I received my bowls on Friday, they didn't fit. I called HO told to send them back. I did. I got my new, NEW bowls today. They don't fit. I called HO. I was told my CADDY is defective and that I should send it back!!! WTH??

To send the caddy back will cost me almost as much as purchasing a new one!

I spoke with other consultants who have had the same problem. It seems the solution is different for each consultant. I am not happy to say the least!

Every one who ordered or earned a set of small square bowls received a new small bowl caddy. If you didn't get one you need to call HO.

BethCooks4U said:
Every one who ordered or earned a set of small square bowls received a new small bowl caddy. If you didn't get one you need to call HO.

Even if I ordered them as part of a sample package?

BethCooks4U said:

I told them that I had ordered the new bowls thru the samples and other consultants received an email indicating they would receive a new caddy because their bowls didn't fit either. They told me I would not receive a new caddy until I mailed back my defective one.

I will try calling again. My friend is supposed to send me a copy of her email for me to reference.

Thanks Beth!

Curlyone said:
I told them that I had ordered the new bowls thru the samples and other consultants received an email indicating they would receive a new caddy because their bowls didn't fit either. They told me I would not receive a new caddy until I mailed back my defective one.

I will try calling again. My friend is supposed to send me a copy of her email for me to reference.

Thanks Beth!

There was nothing about sending any other caddy back. They were not defective - they were made for the old style bowls. The problem was that the new bowls are more flared.

I had 2 caddies. One fit the new bowls and one didn't. I gave the one that didn't to my son for their apartment (with 2 of the old style bowls in it). I have two of the new style bowl sets and they sent me two new caddies.

I don't think there will be an issue for most customers though. If they already have the caddy they likely have bowls to fit in it so the only customers who buy the new bowls should be needing the new caddy too if they want one.

BethCooks4U said:
There was nothing about sending any other caddy back. They were not defective - they were made for the old style bowls. The problem was that the new bowls are more flared.

I had 2 caddies. One fit the new bowls and one didn't. I gave the one that didn't to my son for their apartment (with 2 of the old style bowls in it). I have two of the new style bowl sets and they sent me two new caddies.

I don't think there will be an issue for most customers though. If they already have the caddy they likely have bowls to fit in it so the only customers who buy the new bowls should be needing the new caddy too if they want one.

You got two caddies? Hmpf....I only got one. (that's okay though, since I'm not a big fan of the new bowls.)

I got 2 sets of the new bowls, one I earned in s-a-t, the other came in my director's pack. I received one caddy so far from HO. I needed both sets for a show so I tried my old caddy. Bowls fit PERFECT in the old caddy and loosely in the new caddy. Not sure how they'll fit in the next new caddy I get!

I am awaiting a phone call back from HO. They still want me to send back my "old defective" caddy, before I can get the new one! I told them that other consultants got their caddy already in the mail with a letter from Jean and they didn't have to send back anything. I will keep everyone abreast of the situation. Is this happening to anyone else?

So here is the update. . . .They are processing a new caddy for me and gave me a reference number. They do have a copy of the letter Jean wrote, that was included in with the replacement caddies. However, they told me the replacement caddy's were only for consultants that had purchased them. ?????!!!! Hello, they came in the kit. The other consultants started before I did and it was an automatic ship to them. I am only getting mine because I insisted I was not sending back a "defective" caddy. I just want to be treated like everyone else. . . . If anyone else has the same issue, please stand your ground. It is as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

1. Why don't the small square bowls fit in the small bowl caddy?

The small square bowls were designed to be used with the small bowl caddy, but it is possible that the edges of the bowls are slightly flared, making them difficult to fit inside the caddy. This can sometimes happen during the manufacturing process.

2. I have tried turning the bowls in quarter turns, but they still won't fit. Is there a trick to getting them to lay flat?

Unfortunately, there is no specific trick to getting the bowls to fit in the caddy. In some cases, gently pressing the edges of the bowls down may help them fit better.

3. Has anyone else had trouble with the small bowls not fitting in the caddy?

We have received a few reports of customers having difficulty fitting the small square bowls in the caddy. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. Are the small square bowls supposed to fit in the old caddy as well?

Yes, the small square bowls should also fit in the old caddy. If you are having trouble fitting them in, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Is there a solution to getting the small square bowls to fit in the caddy?

If you have tried all of the above suggestions and are still having trouble fitting the bowls in the caddy, please contact our customer service team for further assistance. We want to make sure you are able to use your new bowls with ease.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • RaggedyAunt