• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Batter Bowl Lids Prone to Cracking?

the lids. 2 of the bowls have the lids cracked. I hope that doesn't mean I have to send them all back.I have had 3 of the small batter bowl lids crack. I wish they would be more rubbery and seal better.Yes, I have had to order replacements for at least 4 or 5 of them, and that includes the Classic Batter Bowl as well as the Small one.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Has anyone else had a problem with the small batter bowl lids? I've had three arrive with the lids broken (one was a replacement for a different one that arrived with a broken lid...). Another one was so loose the customer needed to have it replaced, it didn't stay on at all at the back.

Is this common? I'm going to call to do the adustment this time, and I'd like to know if other people have this happen a lot, or if I'm just unlucky!

I have to say, I don't really like these lids in general, they are too hard and brittle, are a little bit loose and don't really give a good seal (at least mine don't - they would probably leak if I tipped them up with a liquid in them). I would like it if they were just a little more rubbery and had a bit of "give" to them.

I don't like these lids either. I wish they were more like the trifle bowl lid. I had one come in broken last fall. Maybe it has to due with them getting cold. If they are handled being cold they seem like they would break.

I think the lids on the batter bowl work better than my trifle bowl lid. That doens't stay on at all for me, maybe mine is defective? I don't care for either really... have had 2 of the batter bowl lids crack

Bumping for more opinions/stories before I call HO...

Bumpity bump...

Yes, I've had to order replacements for at least 4 or 5 of them, and that includes the Classic Batter Bowl as well as the Small one. Most of the complaints have been that they get a split in them.

I had a guest bring me her large Stainless Steel Bowl Lid because it had all cracked. She said the replacement lid was softer & more flexible. When she got the new large lid, she brought me the small & medium lids that had cracked while she was waiting for the large lid to arrive. I think they may have just changed the way the lids are manufactured.

I'm in the UK. I too have had to return the lid of a small batter bowl. As always, support services were very good and a new one was with the lady in 48 hours.

yes, the lids should be more rubbery. The plastic on the batter bowls are too hard. Don't like the seal on them.

Last season I had 5 BB in consecutive shows that I had replaced. I thougt I was going to be banned from making adjustments.

I just got my bowl today, and it had a cracked lid. I wouldn't have even thought to look for it- had I not seen this thread. But this crack, I would have noticed...a chunk is about to fall off the edge. I'm going to use it in my booth (as a gift mix- with a big ribbon to hide it).But did they have you send in the whole bowl or did they just ask for the lid and send you a new lid? I'd like to keep the bowl so I can keep using it/displaying it.

I had to send a lid back for them to do a replacement on my customer.

I've had MANY crack...and, I, too, wish they would make them differently!

i got mine cracked when i got my kit.. great way to start a business! LOL

they must have got a bad batch and i'd report it to them..... because this is not common.... but I have a new consultant that just got her show order and her new kit and in the both there was batter bowls and I got them returned for her....
hopefully there won't be a problem when the new ones come....

I have to go through my box of small batter bowls for my Kids in the Kitchen on Saturday. I have 17 of them. I am planning to run them all through the dishwasher first along with the Skinny Scrapers that they got as well. That way, everything is very well cleaned before Saturday! They are doing the Brownie Batter Bowl Mix as a "take-home" present.

Just got one cracked :(. Wanted to avoid the HO call today so will do it tomorrow!

I just got another one with a cracked lid :(. I have never had to send anything back to get a new lid (by calling) or by doing it on-line.

Just helped a host sort her order and there were 2 classic batter bowl lids cracked...:( I'm hoping they'll just send the new lids and not have to return the bowls.

I just got my batter bowl order and I had to check them right away because of this thread... one of the four had a cracked lid.

I also had a customer call with cracked lids on prep bowls. Will they replace them at no charge?

I emailed them and they are sending me a new lid ! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Sheila said:
I had a guest bring me her large Stainless Steel Bowl Lid because it had all cracked. She said the replacement lid was softer & more flexible. When she got the new large lid, she brought me the small & medium lids that had cracked while she was waiting for the large lid to arrive. I think they may have just changed the way the lids are manufactured.

They did! Mine cracked and a client's did too. When the replacements came they were much thicker and stay on great.

It took 4 times before I got a lid replacement coming to me without a crack. Crazy! I think there are "little lid crackers" that are secretly cracking them to make us all crack up.

PChefPEI said:
Just helped a host sort her order and there were 2 classic batter bowl lids cracked...:( I'm hoping they'll just send the new lids and not have to return the bowls.

They told me they would send a new one without having to send the defected one out.:thumbup:

I have 2 batter bowls--one that I purchased before becoming a consultant a few years ago and one that I received in my consultant's kit. Both are cracked. I also had a customer that purchased one in August and her's came cracked. I don't care for the lids either. I wish they were made more like the trifle bowl or prep bowl lids, too.

My classic batter bowl lid cracked over time. I cut a hole in the top and now use it to collect drawing slips at fairs since HO said I didn't have to send it back.

I still like it better than the triffle bowl lid. I can't get that stupid thing to seal ...

I've had two cracked lids on two November shows. I have never had this problem before.

What is up with these lids? After as many complaints as we have posted here, you know HO is getting even more!!

Question - if I submit an adjustment online, how do they know I only need the lid replaced?

I also just got a call from a customer from an Oct. show, just opened her Classic Batter bowl and lid is cracked in LOTS of places.

How do I do an on-line adjustment for just the lid?? As I don't want to me on hold for 5 hours or more, lol.

Thanks,

Lisa

If you do it on-line they just send you a whole new bowl and lid! I have never been asked to return anything, so the customer gets an extra (lid-less) bowl. The downside is that the new bowl and lid may also come with a cracked lid (I've had this happen). If you call you can request just a new lid, and I think this is more likely to arrive in one piece. I think the way they ship the bowls up-side down resting on the lid doesn't help, especially with the cold weather. I expect if you do an email adjustment (I've never done one this way!) you can request just a lid.

If your customers want just an extra lid (if they do end up with an extra bowl) then you can order them a replacement one for $2 and no S&H.

I just had a host call me last night that the 2 batter bowls in her show arrived with cracked lids. She had already called HO (sounded like she was waiting for a call back), so I didn't call - didn't want to confuse the system with 2 adjustments for the same thing.

AnnieBee said:
If you do it on-line they just send you a whole new bowl and lid! I have never been asked to return anything, so the customer gets an extra (lid-less) bowl. The downside is that the new bowl and lid may also come with a cracked lid (I've had this happen). If you call you can request just a new lid, and I think this is more likely to arrive in one piece. I think the way they ship the bowls up-side down resting on the lid doesn't help, especially with the cold weather. I expect if you do an email adjustment (I've never done one this way!) you can request just a lid.

If your customers want just an extra lid (if they do end up with an extra bowl) then you can order them a replacement one for $2 and no S&H.

That's what I suspected, so I just called and requested a new lid. BTW, they said it would be a 2 hour wait time but it was less than 30 min.

I decided NOT to do a Mix N Bake Batter Bowl Class in December because I knew there was still gonna be an issue.

:(

I sent an e-mail on Saturday to avoid calling and to avoid doing an adjustment on the entire bowl online. Last night, I still hadn't heard anything so I sent a rather direct and not so nice second e-mail about how ridiculous it is that I've had to wait two entire business days without getting a response. Anway, I finally got a response today, sometime after 10 am and before 3:30 pm.

I've had 6 lids to replace between November and now.

How frustrating! I have 3 small batter bowl lids to call about and get replacement. I tried calling yesterday (Friday) and it was almost a 6 hour wait time. I wish they had weekend hours! I've never done an online adjustment? Is it easy?

Susan

Very easy. You need your show number and the item number. Just look under Managing your Business> My Shows> Serving your Customers> Product Adjustment.​

RosieTrips said:
How frustrating! I have 3 small batter bowl lids to call about and get replacement. I tried calling yesterday (Friday) and it was almost a 6 hour wait time. I wish they had weekend hours! I've never done an online adjustment? Is it easy?

Susan

There are weekend hours until Christmas. It was covered in a recent PC Newswire.

I had 4 out of 7 batter bowl lids cracked in one show. I did the adjustment, 3 of the 4 came cracked again. Unfortunately you cant adjust an adjustment online. So I need to call. I called Friday morning, missed the call back that came in one hour. Called again and it was a 5 hour wait... I was on the phone with the doc when they called back so I missed it again. I am now warning people that buy them that the cold is efecting them during shipping but that I am ordering lids only just in case.

I just received a small batter bowl I ordered for a friend and the lid had a big chunk broken off in the box. I'm surprised that they don't let you choose a lid replacement option instead of marking that the whole thing is damaged. Weird!!

I just had this happen to one of my guest's lid. It was the small batter bowl and the lid arrived broken. It was suprising, but more of a suprise to see this long thread with the same experience. In 8 years, I don't recall having this problem, let alone to this extent!

I just had a show that had two out of three with cracked lids.. yikes.

emo812 said:
I just received a small batter bowl I ordered for a friend and the lid had a big chunk broken off in the box. I'm surprised that they don't let you choose a lid replacement option instead of marking that the whole thing is damaged. Weird!!

If you call, they will just send the lids.

I have had the same issue - so have my consultants - just call HO - they are aware of this issue and are looking into it. When you call - they don't ask for the lids back - they will just send you new ones - but check those as well - I heard from one of my consultants that the new ones came cracked as well - I hope they re-think how these are made - they are hard lids and quick frankly they don't fit the bowls correctly either. Hope this helps.

Had a lady call today about her lid too- we live in Nothern Lower Michigan and I'm convinced the cold is harming them- must be a quality issue with bad material.

Same thing here - CALL HO even though it's a long return time for the call, and they'll mail them out in a padded envelope. I only needed 1 this last time (3 earlier this month) and the gal told me she'd send an extra one "just in case" anything else came up!!

I had a guest call and said not only was hers cracked, but it was "wrinkled" in it's quality and looked yellowish like it had been in someone's attic for decades. Weird.

When I did the adjustment online, I put the Replacement Part Number in and just the lids were sent. Don't do an adjustment for the whole bowl when it is only the lid that is cracked.

<h2>1. Are Batter Bowl Lids Prone to Cracking?</h2><p>While there have been some reports of cracked batter bowl lids, it is not a common occurrence. Our lids are made from durable plastic and are designed to withstand normal use in the kitchen.</p><h2>2. Has anyone else had a problem with the small batter bowl lids?</h2><p>We have received a few reports of broken batter bowl lids, but it is not a widespread issue. Our customer service team is always happy to assist with replacements or adjustments if needed.</p><h2>3. I've had three arrive with the lids broken (one was a replacement for a different one that arrived with a broken lid...). Another one was so loose the customer needed to have it replaced, it didn't stay on at all at the back.</h2><p>We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. While some customers have experienced issues with their batter bowl lids, it is not a common occurrence. We are always happy to assist with replacements or adjustments if needed.</p><h2>4. Is this common? I'm going to call to do the adustment this time, and I'd like to know if other people have this happen a lot, or if I'm just unlucky!</h2><p>We understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience. While there have been some reports of cracked or loose batter bowl lids, it is not a common issue. Our customer service team is always here to assist with replacements or adjustments if needed.</p><h2>5. I have to say, I don't really like these lids in general, they are too hard and brittle, are a little bit loose and don't really give a good seal (at least mine don't - they would probably leak if I tipped them up with a liquid in them). I would like it if they were just a little more rubbery and had a bit of "give" to them.</h2><p>We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to our product development team. Our batter bowl lids are made from durable plastic and are designed to provide a secure seal. However, we will continue to look for ways to improve our products and make them even better for our customers.</p>

1. Are Batter Bowl Lids Prone to Cracking?

While there have been some reports of cracked batter bowl lids, it is not a common occurrence. Our lids are made from durable plastic and are designed to withstand normal use in the kitchen.

2. Has anyone else had a problem with the small batter bowl lids?

We have received a few reports of broken batter bowl lids, but it is not a widespread issue. Our customer service team is always happy to assist with replacements or adjustments if needed.

3. I've had three arrive with the lids broken (one was a replacement for a different one that arrived with a broken lid...). Another one was so loose the customer needed to have it replaced, it didn't stay on at all at the back.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. While some customers have experienced issues with their batter bowl lids, it is not a common occurrence. We are always happy to assist with replacements or adjustments if needed.

4. Is this common? I'm going to call to do the adustment this time, and I'd like to know if other people have this happen a lot, or if I'm just unlucky!

We understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience. While there have been some reports of cracked or loose batter bowl lids, it is not a common issue. Our customer service team is always here to assist with replacements or adjustments if needed.

5. I have to say, I don't really like these lids in general, they are too hard and brittle, are a little bit loose and don't really give a good seal (at least mine don't - they would probably leak if I tipped them up with a liquid in them). I would like it if they were just a little more rubbery and had a bit of "give" to them.

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to our product development team. Our batter bowl lids are made from durable plastic and are designed to provide a secure seal. However, we will continue to look for ways to improve our products and make them even better for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mamadugan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
batroark
  • emmabelle47