• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Prep Bowl Lids Keep Cracking?

In summary, the prep bowls have good features but the lids are not as tight fitting as some people would like, and two people have complained about them cracking in the middle.
emmabelle47
I just had a party last night and two people, separately, come up to me complaining their prep bowl lids cracked in the middle. Is this a problem with the lids? I gave them replacement forms and they were pleased, but I just thought is was odd to have 2 people say something in one night.

Have they been putting them in the dishwasher? They are not dw safe.

I didn't ask, but the one lady did comment about washing them by hand....

Mine cracked from being used in the Microwave. (Forgot to take them off before nuking... my bad!)

I wish they would restyle these lids, like they did the ss bowl lids. I hate that they are not DW safe...and even with handwashing, some of mine are cracking in the middle. Now...not sure if anyone else in the family has put them through the DW or into the micro, or if they are just poorly made.

I need to email HO about this again. For as AWESOME as the prep bowls are, the lids are a disappointment.

Mine aren't cracking yet, but I had a few turn colors because I tossed a spatula with spaghetti sauce in the water to soak...OOPS!I do notice that they aren't the tightest fitting. Great for thick dips and stuff but if I have fruit in them and they are in the fridge overnight I have to make sure they are perfectly upright in my lunch or the fruit juices will spill out.But, I still love my prep bowls!BTW, does anyone have a problem of lids disappearing in their house? I swear in mine they are like the second sock in a pair that gets eaten in the washer/dryer! ...and I'm just not willing to fork out $1.00/lid for replacement...

I put mine in the DW and have never had a problem, but that was my first thought.BTW, don't know if you know this, but you can submit replacement part orders for your customers via pp/P3. You don't need to give the form to them to handle themselves. A little customer service goes a long way.

DebbieJ said:
I put mine in the DW and have never had a problem, but that was my first thought.

BTW, don't know if you know this, but you can submit replacement part orders for your customers via pp/P3. You don't need to give the form to them to handle themselves. A little customer service goes a long way.

I do that for mine. I have them fill out the sheet and pay me so I have the information then "take care" of it from there. They like it when it arrives at their door. :)

If you are having problems with lids though, make sure you contact HO so they can stay on top of any issues or potential issues.

Janet, not only do I have socks that disappear...I have lids, tupperware bowls, sunglasses and pens that disappear!

1. What are the most common issues with prep bowl lids?

The most common problem with prep bowl lids is that they do not fit tightly onto the bowls, causing leaks and spills. Another issue is that the lids can become warped or damaged over time, making them difficult to use.

2. How can I prevent my prep bowl lids from becoming warped?

To prevent your prep bowl lids from becoming warped, it is important to avoid exposing them to high heat. This includes placing them in the dishwasher or microwave. Instead, hand wash them with warm water and mild soap.

3. Can I purchase replacement lids for my prep bowls?

Yes, replacement lids are available for most Pampered Chef prep bowls. You can purchase them online or through a consultant. Be sure to check the size and shape of your prep bowls before ordering to ensure the lids will fit properly.

4. Are there any tips for making the prep bowl lids fit more securely?

One tip for making the prep bowl lids fit more securely is to moisten the rim of the bowl before placing the lid on top. This can create a better seal and prevent leaks. Additionally, make sure to press down firmly on the lid to ensure it is properly sealed.

5. Can the prep bowl lids be used for storing food in the refrigerator?

Yes, the prep bowl lids are safe to use for storing food in the refrigerator. However, it is important to note that they are not airtight, so they may not keep food as fresh for as long as other storage containers. For best results, use them for short-term storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
straitfan