• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracked Lids on Batter Bowls: How Can I Sell Them?

In summary, six of the lids that came with the batter bowls were cracked. The product is defective and should not be sold.
mamadugan
Gold Member
o.k so I doing this fundraiser tomorrow and thought that I would make some of that batter bowl mixes. I ordered sm.batter bowls and they came last night. 6 of the lids are cracked! WTH.......How can I sell those?? I just called HO and have to wait 3 hrs before I get someone live. I guess just tell the people with the cracked lids that they will be getting a new lid?????

BUMMER:thumbdown::cry:

Ah, that really sucks! Unbelievable that that many came cracked! I guess that's all you can do...not much else you can do on such short notice!

Good luck with your fundraiser! :)

I had the same problem - order two BB and both lids were cracked :(

If you have time, just try to wait on hold and put it on speaker phone or something. I was told a wait time was over 3 hours, but I only waited about 30 minutes before someone answered.

That's a bummer, though! How frustrating!

mine came cracked too, didnt think about calling though, guess i could try sometime, although i've had mine for a month now.

This happened to me a lot last year as well. I think it is because of the cold temperatures during shipping, the plastic freezes and cracks. I ended up buying a few covers from the replacements section so that I can replace them easily and then just keep the replacement that HO sends in it's place.

pamperedbecky said:
If you have time, just try to wait on hold and put it on speaker phone or something. I was told a wait time was over 3 hours, but I only waited about 30 minutes before someone answered.

That's a bummer, though! How frustrating!

I just waited for 5 mins on hold. It was awesome.

Yeah, try just waiting on hold for the call. I just got off the phone with ho. It said the wait would be over 3 hrs and someone picked up within 1 minute. It was awesome!!

I agree with the cold weather and the lids. I just had one too.

So, it appears that there is a defect somewhere in the manufacturing process that causes these lids to break, even with temperature changes.

Is anyone at HQ listening to these complaints so that they can re-evaluate the lids and make them more rugged? It's ridiculous that so many lids have broken.

sherid said:
Yeah, try just waiting on hold for the call. I just got off the phone with ho. It said the wait would be over 3 hrs and someone picked up within 1 minute. It was awesome!!

I was told the wait was over 30 minutes and it was actually closer to 2 hours! Just my luck.

mamadugan said:
o.k so I doing this fundraiser tomorrow and thought that I would make some of that batter bowl mixes. I ordered sm.batter bowls and they came last night. 6 of the lids are cracked! WTH.......How can I sell those?? I just called HO and have to wait 3 hrs before I get someone live. I guess just tell the people with the cracked lids that they will be getting a new lid?????

BUMMER:thumbdown::cry:

If you have 1 that you could display...they could "order" them from you while you wait for the replacement lids? Just a thought. Not the same as being able to sell them at the event..but it might help.

They called back and the lids are on their way! Not in time for tomorrow though. I am sure that it probably is the cold weather. It just changed recently and with all of the jostling around, I am suprised that the bowls don't break. I would hate to sell them like that. But I will and just put a big bow on it an then tell them that the lids are on the way. HO---Rose was very nice, she couldn't believe it either.....

There is a run on cracked lids. I had to do an adjustment for one of my hosts and she received her replacement today. Yup, this lid was cracked as well. She put both cracked lids on top of eachother and they are cracked almost in the same exact place. I also have a sister consultant and she's having the same problem as well as her downline is having the problem. I will get a call into HO tomorrow morning.

Mine is cracked on the back where it would meet the handle, is that the same spot?

My gal just got her replacement and it was cracked too. UGH another call in tomorrow.

I am hesitant to purchase BB for my Mix N Bake Class in December ????

I orderd 12 last year and 6 came cracked.

Hi have also had a rash of cracked lid that were ordered during the cold weather. I don't remember this happening before some major shipping changes. Everyone who has cracked lids should definitely voice their concerns. Perhaps we should ship the BB with the lid attached.

Last year I had a few irrate customers who ordered the BB as a presents.

wow i am glad I said something. I didn't know that this was such a serious thing. It really is especially this time of year when we want to make the BB recepies for the holidays. I sold all but 3 (I made 10) of my batter bowls at the fundraiser and just told the people when they bought them that the new lids are on their way! They were very understanding!!

I too am having that same problem. My host recieved her shipment Friday with some cracked lids in it. It is frustrating but it is the weather surely.

1. Why do the lids on my batter bowls keep cracking?

The lids on our batter bowls are made of plastic, which can become brittle over time with frequent use and exposure to heat. This can cause them to crack or break.

2. Can I get a replacement lid for my cracked batter bowl?

Yes, we offer replacement lids for our batter bowls. Please contact our customer service team with your order information and they will be happy to assist you in getting a replacement lid.

3. Are the batter bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, our batter bowls are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the lids to prolong their lifespan and prevent cracking.

4. Can the cracked lid still be used?

It is not recommended to use a cracked lid as it may not seal properly and could potentially lead to spills or leaks. We highly recommend replacing the lid to ensure the best use of your batter bowl.

5. How can I prevent the lid from cracking in the future?

To prevent cracking, we recommend avoiding exposing the lid to extreme temperatures and using gentle cleaning methods, such as hand washing. You can also try storing the lid separately from the bowl to prevent any added pressure or stress on the lid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dancedivine
  • emmabelle47