• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Have Continuous Problems With Bamboo Products?

In summary, the host's bowl had a crack in it and she told me that she followed the use and care guide that came with the bowl and everything. HO was EXTREMELY helpful and remorseful... paid to ship the chipped bowl back AND OVERNIGHTED her a brand new bowl.
jessinthekitchen
I had a host that had her show back in September. One of the products that she ordered was a bamboo bowl. She emailed me and told me a few months later that her bowl had a crack in it and she told me that she followed the use and care guide that came with the bowl and everything.

I called HO for her and they did a product replacement- she just had to ship the bowl back.

She emailed me a week later to tell me that she received the new bowl and that she was very upset because she received this bowl with a crack in it. I told her that I would contact HO right away and that they would replace that bowl. HO was EXTREMELY helpful and remorseful... paid to ship the chipped bowl back AND OVERNIGHTED her a brand new bowl. (This was probably 2-3 months ago).

I just received another email from her Saturday night. She just discovered a crack in this bowl.

I've already dealt with the host... but what would YOU do in this situation? (I just want to get a general feel if I handeled it correctly. I'll update and tell you what I did). :)

I've had a few return as well.

I've never had bamboo crack unless it was dropped or soaked in water for an extended period of time. That being said, the square bowls do have "seams" that may not be sealed correctly on occassion. But I would think after 3-4 times I would have to worry about what the host is doing. She may not even realize she is doing something wrong. I would give her the home office number and let her deal with them personally. That way she could register a complaint if she wanted with the people who can actually do something about it.

She stated right in her email that she never soaks it in water. She said that she washes it and dries it immediately. She also told me that she never dropped it.

What I ultimately ended up doing was telling her that I feel horrible that this keeps happening to her but at this point she needs to call home officer herself to let them know how upset she is about this bowl being cracked as well.

I want to stay in her good graces (and I hope PC does too) because she was a really good host and we just spoke 2 weeks ago about her doing another show later this year after her wedding.

I wonder if the weather where she lives has something to do with it. Could it be too dry or too humid?

No. We're in Upstate Ny. It just got warm and kind of humid here in the past couple weeks. Hopefully HO will take care of it....I can only do so much- lol!

Duh, not enough tea to get my brain working yet. Um, you live there too and your bamboo is fine, right?

Which bowl is it? I had the large round bowl come brand new, and there was a sticker on it pointing to a small crack that had been glued back together (or a seam starting to split- not sure). Maybe it's one of those products that they have some kinks to work out of- we've seen it happen before. It isn't a general thing with ALL bamboo- but maybe it was that particular product and how they manufacture them or something.

I have one of my bowls where the "seam" is cracked as well...they don't look like they're put together all that well..when making them round, they have to do some type of "bending" and "seaming" together...I can see some potential problems with these types of bowls...

1. What kind of problems have people been experiencing with bamboo products?

Some common issues reported with bamboo products include warping, splitting, and cracking. Additionally, some users have reported mold growth or a strong odor coming from their bamboo products.

2. Are these problems specific to Pampered Chef's bamboo products?

No, these problems have been reported with bamboo products from various brands and manufacturers. However, we at Pampered Chef take these concerns seriously and are constantly working to improve the quality of our products.

3. How can I prevent these issues from happening with my bamboo products?

To prevent warping, cracking, and splitting, it is important to properly care for your bamboo products. This includes avoiding exposure to extreme temperatures, keeping them dry, and periodically oiling them with food-safe mineral oil. Additionally, make sure to follow the care instructions provided with your specific product.

4. What should I do if I notice mold or a strong odor coming from my bamboo product?

If you notice mold growth or a strong odor coming from your bamboo product, it is important to stop using it immediately. Contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund.

5. Are there any alternative materials to bamboo that I should consider?

Yes, there are alternative materials such as silicone or stainless steel that may better suit your needs and preferences. Our customer service team can provide recommendations based on your specific needs and usage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cdnmom
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies