• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Used Small Oval Bakers to Make Lasagnas? - Kris

In summary, Kris has a customer who is thinking of buying four small oval bakers to make individual lasagnas. Beth has a lasagna recipe that can be used with the small oval bakers. Debbie has a recipe for a lasagna that uses ground beef, ricotta cheese, mozarrella cheese, spaghetti sauce, and parmesan cheese. All of the recipes are easy and can be made in the small oval bakers.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Has anyone used their small oval bakers to make individual lasagnas?

I have a customer who is thinking of buying four of them to use this way. I'd like to give her feedback if any of you have tried this.

Thanks!
Kris

Haven't done this but I think it would be a great idea! I have a couple of those stones in the house (different colors but that's okay) and will have to try that!

I have done individual Baked Speg in mine. You should be able to do lasagna.

sounds good to me, better than making a huge one and then having to throw out the left overs (thats what i end up doing because my hubby doesnt eat left overs)

i'll have to try that. i would tell your host that its a great idea, you hadnt thought of it before but your definate it will work. i dont see why it wouldnt work at least! good luck

How about doing 4 at a time in the mini loaf pan? Cheaper than buying 4 other stones, unless you already have 4 of them.

And then use the mini-serving spatula to get them out.

Thanks, I think she likes the idea of presenting her family with their own individual dishes...to make them feel extra special. :)

I think it would be much more special with the individual small oval bakers. As far as cost goes, people spend as much or more for individual dishes that aren't as versitile as these are. Go for it!

I would love to hear how it goes for others, just so that I can make a single portion of lasagna since I live alone!

I ordered a lasagna at Rock Bottom about a month ago and it was baked and served to me in something that looked like our mini oval bakers... what a great idea Kris!

Does anyone have a recipe for this? Something simple I hope, lol. TIA! -Debbie

Sounds like a wonderful idea!! Will have to try it!

I do this all the time with baked pasta's for me and hubby. It's great you can also customize them, say if somebody doesn't want an ingredent it better then having to change it for everybody.

One word of caution: My lasagna is THICK! It would never fit in the small oval baker, which has fairly short sides.

Beth's Lasagna

1 lb ricotta cheese
3 c. mozarrella cheese
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
spaghetti sauce (46 oz. if using premade)
1 lb ground beef, browned
garlic to taste
1 onion chopped
1 egg
1 lb uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cup water

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic, cool slightly. Combine ricotta, 2 1/2 c. of mozarrella and egg. Add to ground beef mixture. Combine In Rectangular Baker spread a small amount of the spaghetti sauce (about 2 Tbs.) on the bottom. Put a layer of uncooked noodles in pan (will expand when cooking), then cheese/meat mixture, then sauce. Repeat layers 2 to 4 times ending with noodles then sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Pour water around edges. Cover tightly with "buttered" foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake additional 30 minutes.

I would use this same recipe for the small oval bakers dividing evenly among them (you'd have to break the lasagna noodles too). You probably would only do 3 layers because the pan is shorter though. I would think the recipe would make at least 4 individual lasagnas, maybe more (what ever's left could go in the mini baker? Baking time would be shorter. Maybe 1/2 hour and the 15 minutes with the cover off.

Last edited:
I use the Inside out lasagna recipe from PC. Works great!

I just found this recipe and it looks SO easy - right up my alley! Easy and impressive, yup, that's what i'm ALL about! :D Thank you for suggesting it!

Related to Have You Used Small Oval Bakers to Make Lasagnas? - Kris

1. Can I use the Small Oval Bakers to make lasagnas?

Yes, the Small Oval Bakers are perfect for making individual or small portion lasagnas. They are also great for other baked dishes like casseroles and desserts.

2. How many servings can the Small Oval Bakers hold?

The Small Oval Bakers can hold up to 2 cups of food, making them perfect for individual servings or small portions.

3. Are the Small Oval Bakers oven-safe?

Yes, the Small Oval Bakers are made from stoneware and are safe to use in the oven up to 450°F.

4. Can I use the Small Oval Bakers in the microwave?

Yes, the Small Oval Bakers are microwave safe and can be used to reheat leftovers or cook small meals.

5. Are the Small Oval Bakers dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Small Oval Bakers are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy Scott
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ccpchef
  • lkprescott
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • pamperedbecky