• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Baker or Small Oval Baker: Which One Should You Choose?

In summary, the Mini-Baker is better for versatility and fits more microwaves, whereas the Small Oval Baker is prettier and fits better on an oval serving plate.
lkprescott
Silver Member
So... it's hard to tell from the pictures in the catalog what advantage one of these may have over the other, save for capacity. Again, due to lack of space yet wanting something with versatility, I'd like to get one or the other but not both.

If you had to choose between the two (the Mini-Baker or the Small Oval Baker)... which would it be and why?

The small oval fits better into a toaster oven, which is only an issue if you have one. :) Both fit into most microwaves, but the Mini Baker won't fit into really small ones.

The small oval looks really pretty in the center of the oval SA platter.

I prefer the Mini Baker

I agree with Debbie, mini baker ( i use the small oval more for dips and come to realize, I havent used it as much as the mini baker)

I'm a mini-baker kinda gal

Mini-baker for me too!

chefann said:
The small oval fits better into a toaster oven, which is only an issue if you have one. :) Both fit into most microwaves, but the Mini Baker won't fit into really small ones.

The small oval looks really pretty in the center of the oval SA platter.

I like it for this also and I plan on using it for hot dips when we get a house and start entertaining.

We have the mini baker and I've used it once I think. I've used the sm oval a bunch of times in the past month for chicken breasts in the toaster oven.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm going for the mini-baker...

I have both and use the mini baker more. It's great for all the hot dips.

I have both too and vote for Mini Baker. You made a good choice! I use it more for dips.

I have both (multiples actually - each color they came out with - lol). I vote hands down for the mini baker. It's perfect for everything! I haven't found a microwave that it didn't fit in yet - guess I've been lucky.

I have both too but I must say I use my mini-baker all the time. It is just the right size for the boxed scalloped potatoes (gasp) and great for hot dips. Good choice you made!

Oh yeah... I'm definitely doing the happy dance now. Can't wait to get my new stones now!

Wow! They are rockin' and rollin' in shipping! My personal order I put in TODAY shipped today and should be here by the 21st according to CC info! *happy dance*

1. What is the difference between the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker?

The Mini Baker is a 6-inch round stoneware dish, while the Small Oval Baker is a 10-inch rectangular stoneware dish. They also have different capacities, with the Mini Baker holding 32 ounces and the Small Oval Baker holding 1.5 quarts.

2. Can the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker be used in the oven?

Yes, both the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker are oven-safe up to 450°F. They can also be used in the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher.

3. Are the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker non-stick?

No, the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker are not non-stick. However, they have a special glaze that makes them easy to clean and prevents food from sticking.

4. Can I use the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker for cooking different types of dishes?

Yes, both the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker are versatile and can be used for cooking a variety of dishes such as casseroles, desserts, and side dishes.

5. Are the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker safe to use with metal utensils?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the Mini Baker and the Small Oval Baker as they can scratch the stoneware surface. It is best to use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to avoid damaging the dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
swinkate
  • Kathy Scott
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ccpchef
  • ChefPaulaB