• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pro or Mini Shears: Which One Reigns Supreme for Kitchen Use?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the benefits of different types of shears. Some prefer the mini shears for craft projects while others prefer the larger ones for everyday use. The mini shears have a stripping tool for fresh herbs, but the larger ones do not. Some have had issues with the regular shears not cutting plastic, while others recommend using them for cutting cilantro. Overall, it comes down to personal preference and what the shears will be used for.
Nynaeve
Okay, so I'm looking at getting some stuff (so I'm not so dependent on my wonderful recruiter who let's me "shop" in her kitchen LOL).

What are the thoughts on the shears in general?

And which one is best? I don't cut a lot of bones and I think that the mini shears would be great for fresh herbs, but then I thought, do the pro-shears have the same ability to strip? Or is that just the mini?

Thoughts from those who have both??

I have both and I use the larger ones much more often than the mini. I love the mini for craft type things though. The larger ones do not have the stripping tool on it. It really depends on what you will use them for. ...and I don't cut a lot of bones either.

I just got the mini and was impressed with how well they work. That said I have 3 pairs of the regular ones sprinkled through my house and use them for everything. Cutting the hard plastic off new items, cardboard, frozen veggies, pretty much anything you need to cut I go for the regular shears.

BethCooks4U said:
I have both and I use the larger ones much more often than the mini. I love the mini for craft type things though. The larger ones do not have the stripping tool on it. It really depends on what you will use them for. ...and I don't cut a lot of bones either.

I agree with this. I use the larger ones all the time but smaller ones remind me of sewing shears. They are in my kit so they don't get use that often unless I need them at a party.

and I still miss the white ones.....,

byrd1956 said:
and I still miss the white ones.....,

:) Those are my favorites!!

I still have my white ones. And the cream ones before those! LOL And every version since. But I never got the mini. *I* was never sold on them...so guess who hasn't sold a single pair?? Maybe I am missing something. There have been some GREAT products over the years that did not grab me, even seeing them in person, until I used them myself & fell in love.

I have had 2 customers complain that the regular shears won't cut plastic (like a bread bag). They are not very old. Are they self-sharpening like the white ones?

DebsApronStrings said:
I have had 2 customers complain that the regular shears won't cut plastic (like a bread bag). They are not very old. Are they self-sharpening like the white ones?

I have noticed having that problem as well! and I don't even use them that often.

I have both and I love both. I like to demo the herb stripping option on the mini shears. I recommend using them for fresh rosemary or oregano.. NOT cilantro! I use the large shears for cilantro by lopping off the end of the bunch and throwing it in the MFP while making my salsa. I have sold many of each.

What is the difference between Pro Shears and Mini Shears?

The main difference between Pro Shears and Mini Shears is their size. Pro Shears are larger and have longer blades, making them more suitable for cutting larger items like poultry or vegetables. Mini Shears are smaller and have shorter blades, making them better for precision tasks like snipping herbs or cutting small fruits.

Which one is better for everyday use?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and intended use. If you do a lot of cooking and meal preparation, the Pro Shears may be a better choice as they can handle larger tasks. However, if you primarily use shears for smaller tasks or need something more compact for travel, the Mini Shears may be a better option.

Can both Pro Shears and Mini Shears be used for cutting through bone?

Yes, both Pro Shears and Mini Shears are designed to be strong enough to cut through bone. However, the Pro Shears are more heavy-duty and may be better suited for this task.

Do they come with a warranty?

Yes, both Pro Shears and Mini Shears come with a lifetime warranty. This warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, so you can have peace of mind knowing your shears are built to last.

Do they have any special features?

Both Pro Shears and Mini Shears have a few special features that make them stand out. They both have a built-in bottle opener and have serrated blades for better grip and cutting. Additionally, the Pro Shears have a nutcracker feature and come with a protective blade cover for safe storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LoriLions
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • brandalyn74
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcwarr
Replies