• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears for Stripping Cilantro - User Reviews and Recommendations

In summary, the kitchen sheers can be used to strip cilantro from the stem. They work well and are a great way to demo the feature of the shears.
jbarnhill
Silver Member
Has anyone used the kitchen sheers for stripping cilantro off of the stem? I have a customer who emailed me asking how well they work for this purpose. I haven't used them so I was wondering what your thoughts are if you have done this.

Thanks for the help

JoLynn

Trying to type this up and just couldn't explain it...so here it is much better explained from the Use & Care:

"To use herb stripper, close handles and secure lock; place protective blade cover over blades. Hold handles together toward blade cover to minimize gap. Thread herb stem through hole on handle and pull to remove leaves."

they work well. I did it at one f my first shows.

great I will tell the customer that.

Here is a little factoid for your shows....

Cilantro doesn't have to be stripped. you can use the stalk right along with the leaves. When I use cilantro, I just grab a handful and pull it off the bunch, and then chop it with the Chef's knife. (except now I use my 5" Santoku!)

that's what I do too Becky :) Saves a lot of time when using fresh cilantro.
This host really wanted the leaves & it was a great way to demo that feature of the shears!

ChefBeckyD said:
Here is a little factoid for your shows....

Cilantro doesn't have to be stripped. you can use the stalk right along with the leaves. When I use cilantro, I just grab a handful and pull it off the bunch, and then chop it with the Chef's knife. (except now I use my 5" Santoku!)

Great tip! Didn't know that. Can't stand the stuff anyway - so atleast now I don't have to waste time taking the leaves off the stems!

kam said:
Can't stand the stuff anyway - so atleast now I don't have to waste time taking the leaves off the stems!

WHAT!?!? I can't get over how many people don't like cilantro. I LOVE it.:sing:
It is definitely an acquired taste, though. I always think it (cilantro) smells like summer. Cilantro makes me happy.
Is that weird?

peichef said:
WHAT!?!? I can't get over how many people don't like cilantro. I LOVE it.:sing:
It is definitely an acquired taste, though. I always think it (cilantro) smells like summer. Cilantro makes me happy.
Is that weird?

Nope - not to me! The more cilantro the better is what I say.

I think cilantro smells fresh and clean...and makes foods taste fresh too. If you want to brighten up a jar of salsa, just throw a little chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime into it - makes it taste just made!

I know...I know...I just don't care for it. I really don't like it on the Beef Enchilada Casserole.

BUT...when I made the Salad Chopper Salsa, I made it first at home to "test" it and since it was just for me, I left out the cilantro. It was definitely missing something. When I had the guests do it at the show, I put the cilantro in. It was better with the cilantro. I guess since it was mixed in...

Related to Kitchen Shears for Stripping Cilantro - User Reviews and Recommendations

1. How do I properly clean and maintain my kitchen shears?

To clean your kitchen shears, hand wash them in hot, soapy water and dry them thoroughly. You can also clean them in the dishwasher, but be sure to use the top rack and avoid harsh detergents. To maintain them, periodically oil the pivot point and blades with a food-safe oil.

2. Can I use my kitchen shears to cut through bones?

Yes, our kitchen shears are designed to cut through bones, but we recommend using a separate pair specifically for this purpose to avoid cross-contamination. Be sure to clean and sanitize your shears after each use on bones.

3. Can I use my kitchen shears to open packaging or cut through plastic?

Absolutely! Our kitchen shears can handle a variety of tasks, including opening packaging and cutting through plastic. Just be sure to clean them afterwards to avoid any cross-contamination.

4. How do I safely store my kitchen shears?

We recommend storing your kitchen shears with the blades closed and in a safe place, such as a knife block or a drawer organizer with individual slots for each tool. This will help protect the blades and prevent any accidental cuts when reaching for them.

5. Are there any foods that I should avoid using my kitchen shears on?

While our kitchen shears are versatile and can handle a variety of tasks, we do not recommend using them on hard foods such as nuts or frozen items. This can damage the blades and potentially cause them to dull or break. We also recommend avoiding cutting through non-food items, as this can also damage the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nynaeve
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Letsgetcookingnow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cpaylor