• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad choppers vs kitchen shears

scrappergirl7

Novice Member
Oct 1, 2009
I've had a few customers ask me what the choppers can do that the shears can't and vice versa. Which is better, which is more versatile? I don't have the choppers yet, so I haven't been sure how to answer.

mscharf

Advanced Member
Oct 19, 2008
Completely different uses! I salad choppers have two sets of blades, great for cutting lettuce, meats, making salsa, and so much more! Kitchen shears are single blade- all purpose in the kitchen and strong enough to cut thru bone in chicken, etc.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Michelle is very right! You certainly could not use the Salad Chopper in the garage for cutting string or cutting flowers but it makes a quick job of salad greens, tomatoes and well, chicken and pork for sandwiches because of the dual blades.

Cape_PC

Oct 1, 2008
I actually use the salad choppers for making and mixing egg salad, tuna slad, etc. It works great for things like that! No more mashing your eggs with a potato smasher!

ChefCat

Jan 29, 2010
I like the mix n chop for egg salad. I'll have to try the salad choppers next time and see how those work. I like my egg salad pretty mashed though.

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
I like the mix n chop for egg salad. I'll have to try the salad choppers next time and see how those work. I like my egg salad pretty mashed though.

then use your food chopper for the egg salad. (sorry, that doesn't help you with the other products...):blushing:

grins88

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2009
Salad choppers are great for meats (making bbq, fajitas, etc.). Another big difference is the scoop on the bottom to help you scoop pieces and then chop. They're awesome...and my biggest seller along with the DCB. I actually cross-sell those 2 items A LOT!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views