• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Salad Choppers: Are They Really Better?

In summary, the woman said that her salad choppers always make her food turn to mush, and she thinks that the product is wrong. Our salad chopper is SHARP, and we have never had it make our food mushy.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I know this is going to seem weird, but I was actually doing customer care calls this evening and a woman says she really hates the salad choppers. Then she said, oh wait I got those from Linens N Things. She said everytime she used them things would get really watery and turn to mush. I know I should sell her the PC ones, but since I don't personally have them, I can't say if they are any better or not.
For those of you who have them...is she using the product wrong or is it the product?

I haven't had any problems with them making my food mushy. I would try to get her to at least try them out. It's a no lose situation, because she has 30 days to return them if it doesn't work out.

Our salad chopper is SHARP!!! I have never had it mush anything - she'll LOVE it!

I love mine, but the blades are discoloring. The shine is gone around the sharp part. Has this happened to anyone?

I love my salad chopper. I used it to cut up lettuce and it does a great job.

I love mine, but the blades are discoloring. The shine is gone around the sharp part. Has this happened to anyone?

First time I put mine in the dishwasher, it got rusty right at the hinge. Just a little rust, but my director said I should send it back...so I did.

Now it's gone missing. I'm pretty sure which host's house I left it at, but she can't find it! Well...her house is pretty messy. I hope it turns up.

I :love: :love: :love: the salad choppers. Unless you are comparing the Williams Sonoma choppers, which are virtually the same as ours, it is pretty hard to give a definative judgement on hers. That said, our choppers chop extremely well and do not mush anything except perhaps an overripe tomatoe. I chopped carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, etc, the other day for a soup and all was great! (mini carrots were used)

I have sold 52 of them so far & NOT ONE person has said anything bad.....although my blades on both pair that I own have darkened, not rusted, just darker. I recently sent 1 back because the little red piece was very loose & the new ones are already dark.....:)

Both mine are dark too...one that wasn't even really used, just sitting in the drawer. No rust on mine either, just darker.

The PIG says it is made of "titanium coated stainless blades".....so I am wondering if the titanium coating just naturally gets darker with time?

I know that carbon steel blades do - and that is why I went to PIG to see - wondered if these had some carbon in them.

I love mine and have used them on tomatoes, salad, strawberries, chicken for the nachos and salads... Nothing has gone mushy. But like others have said, she has 30 days to use them like crazy. She will love them though!

1. Are Pampered Chef Salad Choppers really better than using a regular knife?

Yes, Pampered Chef Salad Choppers are designed specifically for chopping salads, making the process more efficient and effective compared to using a regular knife. The blades are sharp and curved, allowing for easier and more precise chopping.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef Salad Choppers for other food items besides salads?

While they are primarily designed for chopping salads, Pampered Chef Salad Choppers can also be used for other food items such as fruits, vegetables, and herbs. They are versatile kitchen tools that can make food preparation easier and faster.

3. How do I clean and maintain my Pampered Chef Salad Choppers?

Cleaning and maintaining your Pampered Chef Salad Choppers is simple. They are dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the blades to prevent damage.

4. Are the blades of Pampered Chef Salad Choppers replaceable?

Yes, the blades of Pampered Chef Salad Choppers are replaceable. If your blades become dull or damaged, you can purchase replacement blades from Pampered Chef. This adds to the longevity and value of your Salad Choppers.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef Salad Choppers on delicate greens?

Yes, Pampered Chef Salad Choppers can be used on delicate greens. The curved blades are designed to chop without bruising or damaging the greens, ensuring a fresh and crisp salad. Just be sure to use a gentle chopping motion and avoid pressing down too hard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens