• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Trial with the Salad Chopper - Results Not So Great!

In summary, the salad chopper seems to be a good tool, but it needs to be stirred more often than suggested to avoid chunks of food. It is also good for chopping up vegetables for salads or sandwiches.
chefmelody
How does everyone feel about the new salad chopper? I tried it out, but I think I wasn't stirring enough as I chopped, or something... I ended up with some onion mush, and other big chunks of things! I think it's not good for chopping a whole clove of garlic into salsa as in the suggested recipe for it. I'd still use the garlic press... in fact, I ended up pulling out the bigger chunks and pressing them through the press anyway! But, I did like the way it got the onions chopped, and I think it'd be good for jalapenos and such in salsa.

I haven't tried it on a fruit salsa or a salad yet. I probably should. But it seemed like stuff got stuck in the bottom part of it and got all mushy.

Hmmm...I haven't tried mine yet. I'll have to pull it out tonight.

Honestly, the only thing I have used mine for so far is to chop up noodles for my 23 mo. old! That was so cool!

KellyTheChef said:
Honestly, the only thing I have used mine for so far is to chop up noodles for my 23 mo. old! That was so cool!

Ooo, that's an interesting idea! I don't have kids, so I never would have thought of that. :p

I tried it to cut up some of the peppers on the jamaican jerk salad....just to test them at my director's house, and they seemed to work well... I think it is another one of the chef's tongs, where you need to use them to see if you really like them or not.I make a salad for lunch at work everyday....I am thinking about getting them to see how I like it for baby carrots and such. It would be nice to cut that stuff up at work...

Get a deep enough bowl, put some lettuce,tomatoes,cuccs,onion etc... in it & chop away, You will have an entire bite sized salad in minutes. My friend who owns a diner is going to use it for his wraps & omelets. We have already tried cooked bacon, turkey slices & cheese slices, besides what I have mentioned....;)

1. Why did my salad turn out mushy after using the Salad Chopper?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the salad ingredients were overripe or too soft to begin with, which can result in a mushy texture when chopped. It's also important to make sure you are using a sharp blade and not pressing down too hard when chopping. Finally, make sure you are not overfilling the chopper, as this can also lead to a mushy consistency.

2. Can the Salad Chopper be used on all types of salads?

Yes, the Salad Chopper can be used on most types of salads. However, it may not be suitable for delicate greens or salads with small, delicate ingredients such as berries. It is best used for heartier salads with larger, sturdier ingredients.

3. Is it necessary to pre-chop ingredients before using the Salad Chopper?

It is not necessary to pre-chop ingredients before using the Salad Chopper, but it can help to ensure more even chopping. If you are using larger or harder ingredients, such as carrots or cucumbers, it may be helpful to pre-chop them into smaller pieces before using the chopper.

4. How do I clean the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper can be cleaned in warm, soapy water or in the dishwasher. Make sure to remove the blades and wash them separately to ensure a thorough cleaning. Do not leave the blades soaking in water for extended periods of time, as this can cause them to rust.

5. Can the Salad Chopper be used for chopping other foods besides salads?

While the Salad Chopper is primarily designed for chopping salad ingredients, it can also be used for other tasks such as chopping herbs, nuts, or cooked meats. However, it may not be suitable for chopping large, hard ingredients such as potatoes or onions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
loreo
  • dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
Replies
Views
Staci