• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying the New Salad Chopper: My First Reaction

In summary, the Salad Chopper seems to have potential, but users need to be mindful of the dangers associated with it. Some people reported that the blades became rusty quickly, while others reported difficulties with using it. Overall, it seems like a useful tool, but users should be prepared for accidents.
Kanne
Has anyone tried the new Salad Chopper yet? I used it last night and my first reaction was I don't like it, but after chopping a few items, it started to grow on me. I think it's a tool you need to practice with to get the hang of it. What do you think?

mine has already rusted along with my new shears

Teresa Lynn said:
mine has already rusted along with my new shears

Oh No :(
Have you called HO yet?

I can't believe yours rusted!! I left mine in a sink full of water overnight (on accident, I didnt' know they had fell in there) and they are fine. I love them but since I'm left handed it is a tad big awkward for me to use them.

I like mine but I noticed the middle pieces of chicken get "stuck" in between the blades!

I like the way they chop, but somehow I keep pinching the skin on my palm when I use them. It is really uncomfortable and I need to do it slowly (to avoid the pinching) --are my hands just too fat? I never really thought that I had fat hands, but maybe I should eat more salad...

One of my downline members said she has been using them alot for her little children to chop up their food. To chop spaghetti noodles in a hurry it is a must!

I made the salsa in the new catalog and it was great! I couldn't believe how quickly it went using those. Just a warning though...you may need a splash shield when cutting the tomatoes :D.

Mine rusted too! I sent an email hopefully they'll send me new ones soon!

I've used mine about half a dozen times making salad, but I find the lettuce gets stuck in the middle... not too sure if I'm doing something wrong and not convienced it's faster than tearing up the lettuce by hand. But I keep using them... not sure if I would have paid money for them ... but they work nice... no rust on mine and I clean them in the dishwasher with airdry.

Good to know I'm not the only one whose food gets stuck! Maybe they should have put the blades closer together.

We used these at our cluster meeting last night and no one was impressed by them. Is there a trick? We were cutting up iceberg lettuce, cucumber, chicken etc. We didn't think it worked well on anything. My director said the one as leadership was much easier to use. Any thoughts, because I am not planning on getting one at this point.

I have used it a couple times. It takes some practice but I am loving it.

One tip I heard was that it's perfect for use to chop things up when you don't have a cutting board handy.

We all used them last night at our cluster meeting, one of the consultants dang near took an eye out with a piece of flying carrot! That thing FLEW!
I used mine tonight...no problems, andI do not have a lot of strength in my hands (GD Carpal Tunnel crap!). I like them so far.

I can see taking this camping with me. I always have a cutting board along, but this would be great for those small chopping jobs.

1. How do I use the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper is very easy to use. Simply place your desired salad ingredients into a bowl and then use the chopper to chop and mix them together. Make sure to use a cutting board or a hard surface underneath to protect your countertop.

2. Is the Salad Chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad Chopper is dishwasher safe. It is recommended to place it on the top rack of the dishwasher for best results.

3. Can I use the Salad Chopper for other foods besides salads?

While the Salad Chopper is designed specifically for chopping and mixing salads, it can also be used for other foods like fruits and vegetables. However, it is not recommended for use on hard or frozen foods.

4. How sharp are the blades of the Salad Chopper?

The blades of the Salad Chopper are very sharp and can easily chop through most salad ingredients. However, it is important to use caution when handling and cleaning the chopper to avoid injury.

5. Does the Salad Chopper come with a warranty?

Yes, the Salad Chopper comes with a one-year warranty for any manufacturing defects. If you experience any issues with your chopper, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • dancedivine