• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad Chopper: Experiences and Reviews

In summary, the Salad Chopper seems to be a great product, but some people have noticed problems with the red lever falling down and the "scissor" action not closing completely.
dancedivine
Has anyone used the Salad Chopper? What did you think of it?

Thanks!

it is good!

the best demo that I can think of is the Easy Fajitas and fresh salsa/guacamole.

Love it!!!!!! I use it for everything from salad, to salsa to cutting up my cooked meats for recipes. I sell at least 2 at every party when I show it.

So, you actually use the salad chopper in place of a knife? I am trying to imagine how it would be used.....

yep - they are like double heavy-duty scissors. Plus there is a 'cup' along the bottom of them to help hold/cut the food.

Can be used on cooked meat, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots,....

Is it really easier than using a knife, though? I am considering getting one, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it.... Thanks for the input!

i do the salsa in the classic batter bowl-pop in all the ingredients and pass it around- for the guests to chop it up--so when it comes back- its ready to serve---

I love doing chicken with them. It's a great side demo with any of the chicken recipes.

MORFIA said:
i do the salsa in the classic batter bowl-pop in all the ingredients and pass it around- for the guests to chop it up--so when it comes back- its ready to serve---

Salsa:
1 small peeled sweet yellow onion
1 garlic clove
1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
½ cup cilantro leaves
1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes

Love them!

Love, Love, Love it. I use it more cor chicken then anything else. I always sell at least two when I demo it. GET IT!!!!

Uggggg... It's a tough choice. I am down to the last 25 - 30 bucks of my Kit Enhancement, and I want to be sure I get just the right items. I could get the salad chopper, or I could get a few smaller items. Too many choices! lol

I would get a higher priced item that people always want to see. They get it better when they see it in my opinion.

I love them & have 2 pairs! I showed them at my party Sunday & out of 5 people 3 bought a pair.

I was hesitant too, and actually, I didn't purchase them on purpose, a customer ordered the wrong thing (she wanted the food chopper and wrote down the salad choppers) so I ordered what she wanted and decided to just keep the salad choppers... LOVE THEM!!!! I use them at least 2-3 times a week. Any recipe that calls for chopped up chicken (like the Jerk Chicken Nachos or a stir fry or anything like that) I use them. And that's just for at home. Love demo-ing them too. I would definitely say get them! I use them for the new Pineapple Salsa too..

I'm glad to read this thread. I have been hesitant to order them too.

Ok, I got one! Can't wait to try it out when it comes in the mail.... :)

I love mine, ake the quick and easy salsa all the time and have sold tons of them :)

Don't forget to use them for egg salad sandwiches after this weekend! I also love mine for strawberry shortcake. Most people at my shows have seen the Food Chopper, so I usually show off the Salad Choppers instead and always sell a couple.

catlwilles said:
Don't forget to use them for egg salad sandwiches after this weekend! I also love mine for strawberry shortcake. Most people at my shows have seen the Food Chopper, so I usually show off the Salad Choppers instead and always sell a couple.

Oooh, I didn't think of strawberry shortcake!

Love 'em!Great for salsa and for "shredding" cooked meat. I use mine to shred cooked chicken and beef and pork roasts...

I use mine all the time, both at home and at every show (I find a reason!). Well, lately I have noticed that the red lever falls down very easily and the "scissor" action won't close completely - making it seem like they don't cut well. I spend half the time holding the leverwhile I chop (which looks terrible) or readjusting and readjusting constantly during the chopping. I need to get new ones! Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder how they got broken.

ChefJWarren said:
I use mine all the time, both at home and at every show (I find a reason!). Well, lately I have noticed that the red lever falls down very easily and the "scissor" action won't close completely - making it seem like they don't cut well. I spend half the time holding the leverwhile I chop (which looks terrible) or readjusting and readjusting constantly during the chopping. I need to get new ones! Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder how they got broken.

I have already sent back 3 because of that, 1 was mine, 2 were customers. 1 of them I had to give them a spare till they got thiers back. Said she could not live without it....;)

ooo...hope we don't keep having problems with them....I love mine, too!

I started using them for the pineapple salsa and at my last show everyone was taking turns cutting it all up and by the time we were done it was more of a juice than salsa! LOL They are great for so many things!!!

1. How durable is the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper is made with high-quality stainless steel blades and a sturdy plastic handle, making it very durable for everyday use in the kitchen. It can easily handle chopping through various types of fruits and vegetables without dulling or breaking.

2. Is the Salad Chopper easy to clean?

Yes, the Salad Chopper is very easy to clean. The blades can be easily removed from the handle for thorough cleaning and can also be placed in the dishwasher for added convenience. The handle can be wiped down with a damp cloth or washed in the sink with soap and water.

3. How does the Salad Chopper compare to using a knife?

The Salad Chopper is designed to make the process of chopping salads faster and easier compared to using a knife. The blades are sharp and can quickly chop through ingredients, while the unique design of the bowl helps to keep everything contained. It also allows for more control and evenly chopped pieces compared to using a knife.

4. Can the Salad Chopper be used for other dishes besides salads?

Yes, the Salad Chopper can also be used for other dishes such as chopping herbs, making salsa, or even chopping nuts for baking. Its versatility makes it a useful tool in the kitchen for various recipes.

5. Is the Salad Chopper safe to use?

Yes, the Salad Chopper is safe to use as long as it is used properly. It is important to always use caution when handling sharp blades and to keep out of reach of children. The blades should also be properly cleaned and stored after each use to prevent any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • melindagilbert
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies