• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Else Have Issues With the Food Chopper??

In summary, the woman's Food Chopper did not work well. She contacted her husband who fixed it, but the blades got dinged up in the sink. The Food Chopper does not work well on any of the items the woman attempted to chop.
GingerChef
I just became a consultant in Jan. When my kit arrived my, wonderful, husband decided he would wash all of my new products. Well, when he went to wash the Food Chopper it fell apart on him and the blades got dinged up on our sink. He fiddled around with it and 'fixed' it, but I have never felt like it worked very well.

I have tried chopping red pepper, broccoli, onion, and cauliflower with it and it didnt do a good job on any of those things. It didn't even cut the red pepper up at all- just made dents in the skin!

My mom used it this past weekend to make a paste of garlic, rosemary and olive oil and it worked alright for that.

Do you think mine is damaged and that is why it won't work well? Or am I expecting too much from the FC?? :(

Call HO and tell them your chopper that came in your kit has dull blades. They'll send you out a new one.

My question would be, are you sure the blades got 'dinged up' in the sink? Could it have come like that? He would have had to drop it pretty hard in the sink for it to mess up the blades. It is supposed to come apart for easy cleaning. I'd call HO and submit an adjustment. Sounds like it probably came like that and your husband just assumed he messed it up.

Oh, and I dont' think you can EVER expect too much out of a food chopper! :)

I am relieved to hear that! I was thinking 'how do I try to sell this when mine doesn't work??'

I am going to call today and see about getting a replacement. :)

Have you used a food chopper that did work properly? The only reason I ask, is that I have several people at shows that have tried using the food chopper, but do not "slap" it down hard enough for the blade to make complete contact & rotate properly. Lots of ladies "gingerly" press down on the handle, or even press hard, but don't really slap the handle the way you need to for the mechanism to properly work.

It REALLY IS my favorite tool to take out my aggression on!

Oh, and like the previous poster mentioned, it is designed to come apart - I'm guessing yours didn't fall apart - the pieces properly came apart for cleaning. And, by the way, it is dishwasher safe - one of my favorite features :)

Hmmm I suppose it is possible that I am not 'slapping' it hard enough. I push down on it pretty hard, but I wouldn't call it slapping. Maybe I will try it again a couple of times to see if I can get it to work right.I have never used one before, or even seen one used, so I am not sure what it is capable of!

I will tell a story on myself, to see if this might be your problem. For the entire first year
I had my food chopper, I thought you had to chop whatever you chopped, in the lid. By
the time I had it a year, we had a PC show at my Church, and I asked the consultant about the poor performance on the peppers and onions. She was quick to ask what kind of a board I was chopping on, and then we realized why I was not getting the results I expected. PC replaced my first food chopper, and I became a Consultant, thanks to the lady who did the show at my Church, and did an adjustment for me, even tho I had purchased the first food chopper at a show my daughter had, by another Consultant. I never realized we needed to do the chopping on one of our cutting boards, and not in the rubber lid. I tell that story often at my demo's.

I sell the fact we can chop onions in the lid!! No onion smell. Never a problem.

GingerChef said:
I just became a consultant in Jan. When my kit arrived my, wonderful, husband decided he would wash all of my new products. Well, when he went to wash the Food Chopper it fell apart on him and the blades got dinged up on our sink. He fiddled around with it and 'fixed' it, but I have never felt like it worked very well.

I have tried chopping red pepper, broccoli, onion, and cauliflower with it and it didnt do a good job on any of those things. It didn't even cut the red pepper up at all- just made dents in the skin!My mom used it this past weekend to make a paste of garlic, rosemary and olive oil and it worked alright for that.

Do you think mine is damaged and that is why it won't work well? Or am I expecting too much from the FC?? :(

Best to chop peppers with the skin up. Never works with the skin down :)

GingerChef said:
Hmmm I suppose it is possible that I am not 'slapping' it hard enough. I push down on it pretty hard, but I wouldn't call it slapping. Maybe I will try it again a couple of times to see if I can get it to work right.

I have never used one before, or even seen one used, so I am not sure what it is capable of!

Yes- you have to beat the crap out of it! ;) I had a guest at my last show- she owned one, so I asked if she would mind chopping up a few things. She wasn't having much luck and thought maybe my blades were dull. Now, I knew it worked just fine- i walked over and beat the tar out of it and was perfectly fine after 3-4 whacks. :D I think she was being "nice" to mine since it wasn't her's.

Put your left hand right around the bottom of the "neck" and hold onto the chopper. Now picture that one person who ticked you off for the day (did someone cut you off in traffic, boss giving you more work than you can do, DH not taking the trash out for the 4th time) on the top grey part. Now with your right palm LET THEM HAVE IT!!!! Slap, slam and pulverize what ever food is in the chopper!

Just don't get too carried away thinking about that person- or you may end up with baby-food! :D

If someone has trouble with sore hands, have them make a fist and smack with the side of the fist. I always joke that my FC has a different name each time I use it.

Question 1: How do I clean the food chopper?

To clean the food chopper, disassemble it by removing the lid, blade, and container. Wash each part with warm soapy water and a sponge or brush. Rinse and dry thoroughly before reassembling.

Question 2: Can the food chopper be used for all types of food?

Yes, the food chopper can be used for a variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, and even cooked meats. However, we recommend avoiding hard or frozen foods as they may damage the blades.

Question 3: How do I prevent food from getting stuck in the blades?

To prevent food from getting stuck in the blades, make sure to cut the food into smaller pieces before placing it in the chopper. Also, avoid overfilling the container and pulse the chopper instead of continuously running it.

Question 4: Is the food chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, all parts of the food chopper are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for longer-lasting use.

Question 5: How do I sharpen the blades of the food chopper?

The blades of the food chopper are self-sharpening, so no additional sharpening is necessary. However, if you notice the blades becoming dull, you can sharpen them by chopping a small amount of aluminum foil or running the blades against a sharpening stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • susanr613
  • Products and Tips
Replies