• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears Vs. Salad Choppers

Since I don't have either, I can't answer the questions honestly so I'm really looking forward to your honest responses/recommendations. Thanks.
LoriLions
Which ones do you prefer and why?

Which one cuts fresh herbs well? Which one cuts meat well? Does one work well for both tasks?

Which one sells the best?

Since I don't have either, I can't answer the questions honestly so I'm really looking forward to your honest responses/recommendations. Thanks.

They both have good uses. I use my kitchen shears to cut fresh herbs, trim chicken off fat and other basic cutting needs. I LOVE my salad choppers for cutting cooked chicken. It's really the only thing I use it for. I no longer have to precut my chicken into pieces that are never small enough for what I need. No longer have to shred chicken by hand after it cooks.I checked my top sale list and I've sold about the same amount of kitchen shears and salad choppers but I believe the salad choppers are really impressive if you use them in a recipe.

I have both and also checked my top sell list. The kitchen shears didn't even make the list & the salad choppers are #2! Everyone is always amazed when I use them to chop up the cooked chicken in the DCB after cooking 15 minute Fajitas.

LoriLions said:
Which ones do you prefer and why?

Which one cuts fresh herbs well? Which one cuts meat well? Does one work well for both tasks?

Which one sells the best?

You really can't compare them, they are totally different. Personally, I love them both & for the purpose they serve they are both Awesome!!

Which ones do you prefer and why? WAY prefer the Kitchen Shears. I cannot even begin to count how many times a day I reach for them. I use them to open packages, to cut up everything from pizza to whole chicken (bones and everything!)....they get used constantly. Yes, the Salad Choppers have a "Wow" factor when you show them, but seriously - I can't remember the last time I used my Salad Choppers. Shears - many times every single day!

Which one cuts fresh herbs well? Which one cuts meat well? Does one work well for both tasks? Again - the Shears work the best for this. If you're looking to chop meat (not cut it) than the Salad Choppers - but I find that the Mix n Chop or the Manual Food processor also chop meat - and those are the two I'd reach for first.

Which one sells the best? That probably depends on which one you show and demo - I don't demo the salad choppers, so I don't really sell them. The Shears come with me to every show. I usually sell at least one pair at every show. I sold 3 pair last night. :)

wadesgirl said:
They both have good uses. I use my kitchen shears to cut fresh herbs, trim chicken off fat and other basic cutting needs. I LOVE my salad choppers for cutting cooked chicken. It's really the only thing I use it for. I no longer have to precut my chicken into pieces that are never small enough for what I need. No longer have to shred chicken by hand after it cooks.I checked my top sale list and I've sold about the same amount of kitchen shears and salad choppers but I believe the salad choppers are really impressive if you use them in a recipe.
hahaha. Sorry I had to laugh. I usually cut the fat off chicken...As has been said they have totally different uses.Kitchen shears: snip herbs, open packages, cut meat apart (and fat off ;) ), tons of things in the kitchen (also great for gardening or wrapping packages)Salad chopper: cutting up salad ingredients to bite size, chopping/shredding chicken or pork tenderloin, making salsa, fruit salsaI do use the kitchen shears more, and definitely my family does, but I use the salad choppers several times a week.

I use both quite frequently, as said, for different reasons.

Kitchen Shears are like super fabulous scizzors-bags, bacon packages, herbs, etc.

Salad Choppers- I use almost every day! BECAUSE... my m--i-l lives with us, had alzheimers, and has forgotten how to glue her teeth in. SOOOO, every time I make ANY meat, I use my salad choppers to chop up her meat into shreds, otherwise she can't eat it. But, we also love meals like chicken fajitas and pork bbq in our house, so I'll use my salad choppers to chop up the chicken or the pork loin. I like them better than a knife when I can simply chop up the meat in the same pan that I made the meat in. No extra dirty cutting boards, transferring the meat, etc. Just seems to be less work.

Anybody get their salad chopers sharpenener? Mind are awfully dull, after four years

Malinda Klein said:
Anybody get their salad chopers sharpenener? Mind are awfully dull, after four years

You can't sharpen them because they are Micro Serrated Blades....

BethCooks4U said:
hahaha. Sorry I had to laugh. I usually cut the fat off chicken...

As has been said they have totally different uses.

Kitchen shears: snip herbs, open packages, cut meat apart (and fat off ;) ), tons of things in the kitchen (also great for gardening or wrapping packages)

Salad chopper: cutting up salad ingredients to bite size, chopping/shredding chicken or pork tenderloin, making salsa, fruit salsa

I do use the kitchen shears more, and definitely my family does, but I use the salad choppers several times a week.

That came from a pure laziness moment a while back when I was cooking whole chicken breasts but didn't want to get out a knife or a cutting board. I had already thrown them in the pan when I noticed an area that needed taken care of. So I grabbed the shears and snipped it off.

wadesgirl said:
That came from a pure laziness moment a while back when I was cooking whole chicken breasts but didn't want to get out a knife or a cutting board. I had already thrown them in the pan when I noticed an area that needed taken care of. So I grabbed the shears and snipped it off.

LOL! I think she meant that you saying you were "cutting the chicken off the fat" instead of the other way around is what was funny! :D:D:D

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my questions! I really appreciate your help.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL! I think she meant that you saying you were "cutting the chicken off the fat" instead of the other way around is what was funny! :D:D:D

Ah! Now that I went back and re-read it it makes more sense (or less because I was the one who typed it in the first place.

Tonight I used my salad choppers to make what I refer to as healthy spaghetti. I did some tomatoes as in the first part of the Chicken Penne Al Fresco recipe (cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic and olive oil in the microwave) and then chopped it all up. Tossed the tomatoes with pasta and then used my choppers to chop the cooked chicken and tossed that with the pasta and tomatoes.

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Ginger428 said:
You really can't compare them, they are totally different. Personally, I love them both & for the purpose they serve they are both Awesome!!

I, too, think they serve different purposes. I use the choppers to cut lettuce, make fresh salsa, and to cut cooked chicken. The shears cut everything else in my kitchen (and other places), and I really couldn't live without them. I sell lots of both especially when I SHOW/USE them at a cooking show.:)

pchockeymom said:
I use both quite frequently, as said, for different reasons.

Kitchen Shears are like super fabulous scizzors-bags, bacon packages, herbs, etc.

Salad Choppers- I use almost every day! BECAUSE... my m--i-l lives with us, had alzheimers, and has forgotten how to glue her teeth in. SOOOO, every time I make ANY meat, I use my salad choppers to chop up her meat into shreds, otherwise she can't eat it. But, we also love meals like chicken fajitas and pork bbq in our house, so I'll use my salad choppers to chop up the chicken or the pork loin. I like them better than a knife when I can simply chop up the meat in the same pan that I made the meat in. No extra dirty cutting boards, transferring the meat, etc. Just seems to be less work.

This is great! My Grandpa won't wear his false teeth and I never thought to use these on his meat that he has such a hard time eating! Thanks for sharing...

What is the difference between kitchen shears and salad choppers?

Kitchen shears are a type of scissors specifically designed for use in the kitchen, while salad choppers are tools used for chopping and mixing salads.

Can I use kitchen shears instead of a salad chopper?

While kitchen shears can be used for chopping salad ingredients, they are not as efficient as salad choppers which are designed for this specific task.

Do kitchen shears and salad choppers serve different purposes?

Yes, kitchen shears are primarily used for cutting food items such as meats, vegetables, and herbs, while salad choppers are used specifically for chopping and mixing salad ingredients.

What are the benefits of using kitchen shears?

Kitchen shears are versatile tools that can be used for various tasks in the kitchen, such as opening packages, trimming meat, and cutting vegetables. They also often have additional features such as bottle openers and nutcrackers.

What are the benefits of using a salad chopper?

Salad choppers are designed to efficiently chop and mix salad ingredients, saving time and effort in the kitchen. They also help to evenly distribute dressing and toppings throughout the salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nynaeve
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • scrappergirl7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies