• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Your Food Chopper: Tips and Solutions for Common Issues

In summary, the food chopper was not working and it seems like something may be wrong with it. The user was able to fix the issue by banging it really hard and by having all the pieces present. The food chopper was also able to "spank" the user in a funny way.
pamperedpnina
at my party last night my food chopper was not working :(

its been giving me issues at home maybe you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Things keep getting stuck!!! for example at the show yesterday I was trying to chop apples and the whole piece just got stuck between the blades.

last week when I was trying to chop chocolate same thing happened.

is it broken or am I dont something wrong?

Do you have all the pieces in place? It sounds like you're missing the little plastic guide that goes over the blades.

pamperedpnina said:
at my party last night my food chopper was not working :(

its been giving me issues at home maybe you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Things keep getting stuck!!! for example at the show yesterday I was trying to chop apples and the whole piece just got stuck between the blades.

last week when I was trying to chop chocolate same thing happened.

is it broken or am I dont something wrong?

Sometimes that happens if I don't bang hard enough on it.

I was banging really really really hard!!!!!
I have all the peices also!

Sometimes if the pieces you put it in are really large or on the harder side (like chocolate), they get caught up in the blades and you have to spank it a bit to get them out. A few really hard & fast chops will do it.

DebbieJ said:
Sometimes if the pieces you put it in are really large or on the harder side (like chocolate), they get caught up in the blades and you have to spank it a bit to get them out. A few really hard & fast chops will do it.

I love that you have to "spank it"! :eek:I never, never thought of it like that but it's so true. Now I am picturing "spanking" my food chopper to make it give me back the food. Too funny!:D

1. Why is my food chopper not turning on?

There are a few possible reasons for your food chopper not turning on. First, make sure it is properly plugged in and the outlet is working. If that doesn't solve the issue, check to see if the blades are properly aligned or if the chopper is overloaded. If none of these solutions work, it may be a malfunction and you should contact customer service for assistance.

2. My food chopper is making a strange noise. What does this mean?

If your food chopper is making a loud or unusual noise, it could mean that the blades are dull or there is a food item stuck in the blades. Try sharpening the blades or dislodging any food particles. If the noise persists, it may be a sign of a malfunction and you should reach out to customer service for further troubleshooting.

3. Can I put hot foods in the food chopper?

It is not recommended to put hot foods in the food chopper. The heat can cause damage to the blades or the motor, and can also be a safety hazard. Wait for the food to cool down before using the chopper.

4. My food chopper is leaking. What should I do?

If your food chopper is leaking, it could be due to a cracked or damaged container. Check for any visible cracks or damage and if found, stop using the chopper immediately. Contact customer service for a replacement container. If there are no visible cracks or damage, the leak may be coming from the blade assembly. Make sure it is tightly screwed onto the container and if the issue persists, contact customer service for assistance.

5. How do I clean my food chopper?

Cleaning your food chopper is simple and easy. First, unplug the chopper and disassemble all the parts. Wash the blades, container, and lid in warm soapy water. Dry all the parts thoroughly before reassembling. The motor base can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the motor base in water. For tougher stains, you can also use a solution of vinegar and water to clean the blades and container. Make sure to dry all parts completely before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • GingerChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
Replies