• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Share the Outline of Your Shows

well anything. I am not allowed to bring any props in with me. But I have a folder with all my recipes and show info in it. For the most part, my host gets to choose their own recipe. I give them a list of the ingredients I need and they are responsible for getting them. I have had a few hosts that have chosen to buy everything for me, and a few that have chosen to pay me back. I think it is a nice gesture and shows that they are interested in me and my show. I hope this helps a bit!
lilscrapmama
Hello! Im new, I have had 3 shows alrealdy, but was wondering how everyones outlines for their shows are...for example, here are some specific questions I have...
1. Do you make the same recipes for the whole month??
2. When you first arrive to your show, whats the first thing you do...do you bring everything in first or what? Then what??
3. I have had 3 shows...I cant figure out how to go about them placing their orders...I mean, I get so nervous at that point...I tried at my last show to go a little away from all the crowd to work on one order at a time, but the show had already went to capooey ( at the time I felt, because my host got the wrong main ingredient, so I couldnt even make what i was supposed to demo! opps. anyway so people were just giving me their lapboards & everything. crazyness.
ANYWAY thats another thing...how do you go about your ingredients? Do you just buy them all? Do you have them buy them all? Do you have them pay you back?

Great question..I would love this question answered too...please share!

Quick tips.... not time for too much
First of all call your recruiter and/or director. That is their job to answer questions like this.
This is always nice to ask questions here but you need your personal help too.
Dont' be afraid to ask.
1. I select 2 recipes for the month. I buy the ingredients and charge ALL my host the basic $10 fee. I buy in bulk and usually break even. I therefore get to my show later (more time to spend with the kiddos) and I Know I have everything and have only to set everything up at the show when I get there. Which I walk in with hands full ready to go.
2. OUTLINE: I have a strong "opening" (Welcome everyone and then present the concept of the 3 opportunities available tonight, 1. Purchase quality merchandise 2. Hosting 3. Joining my Team....I then procede with my recipe and throw in more conversation of hosting and booking usually when I talk of a certain product.... Then close by wrapping up with thank yous, and explaining the prize slips to check the opportunity that pertains to them they wish to explore.
Hope this helps a bit
Remember, the more you do your presenting, host coaching, recruit talks, the more natural it becomes. Make it routine for everyone.....

I had an outline all typed up when I first started but I cannot find it on my computer.

I give my host about 2 or 3 recipes to choose from and do the one they pick. Sometimes, I offer a QUICK 2nd recipe if the show is going to be big.

I haul all of my stuff in and get it all set up before everyone gets there. If I need to cook a crust or anything I let it cook while I am setting up so it will have time to cool. I like to be able to chat as the guest are coming in and not be busy. And I have now made it a point to start on time and not wait on anyway that is late. It is not fair to me, the host, or the ontime guest to have to wait. When they come in I point them to an empty chair with the info laying in it.

I send my host a grocery list for the recipe they choose so they will know to get the right things. Like I need a block of cheese to grate not the already grated cheese. They seem to really love that and it makes it easier for them to not mess up! Unless, I am running a promotion I do not buy the ingredients.

If there is something that calls for a small portion of a bag or something and I have it already I will tell them to not get it. A lot of the times I take the garlic b/c I keep it and hate for them to buy the whole thing for one or two cloves.

I do check out at the end. And if someone gives it to me before then, unless they need to leave early, I put it in a pile and do it all together. I do try to get away from the crowd so I can concentrate on what I am doing. This has cut down on my mistakes!!!

I have a folder that I put everything in that I want to go over. I put it in the order I want to talk about it. I got this idea from a PC video that I watched. It has helped me a lot to not be looking n my crates for my brochures and stuff. And I can keep it in the order I want to.

Your RFS, I think, has a blank outline that you can fill in. I typed my own b/c I always like things in my own words. I now just go with the flow. After you do it a few months, you will get the feel of what you want to do and all. You just develop your own style. We are all different.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
yes, what do you all do when if you have a host get the ingredients, she doesn't get the right stuff or forgets something?

Jilleysue said:
yes, what do you all do when if you have a host get the ingredients, she doesn't get the right stuff or forgets something?

Luckily I have not had the happen YET! I think the grocery list really cuts down on mistakes.

cue or note cards?How many of you use note cards so you dont forget something?? I havent yet, should I?
For my first 2 shows I just brought the ingredients..and the 3rd one is the one I didnt...(that was last weekend) I have 2 shows this weekend & I just typed up the recipe list from the cookbook & printed it off for each of the host and let me know if there was something I had plenty of that they didnt need to buy that, and Im surprised at myself for doing this after what just happened last weekend, but Im hoping its okay... I also told them I will pre-make the cookie and they can just replace mine for me to keep stocked up.

I typed my outline on half sheets of paper and used construction paper for them until I got comfortable not using any notes at all.

I put my recipe on a seperate sheets, so, I could change it out from show to show.

To C.Schapker (sorry if I misspelled)-
I loved your ideas about 3 opportunities...and I also am moving my shows to 1 or 2 recipes each month. Do you select an appetizer and dessert every month or does it change every month? I've been a consultant for a few years and need to rev up my presentation so that I recruit. This is my year (and hopefully everyone elses') to recruit!
Sue A.
Independent Consultant #421585

lilscrapmama said:
Hello! Im new, I have had 3 shows alrealdy, but was wondering how everyones outlines for their shows are...for example, here are some specific questions I have...

I only make about 8 different recipes and I tend to try to lead my hostesses to pick the one I want to do that week.

2. When you first arrive to your show, whats the first thing you do...do you bring everything in first or what? Then what??

I go in empty handed and greet the host, check out th elayone...then I go unload my stuff & set up & start prepping.

3. I have had 3 shows...I cant figure out how to go about them placing their orders...I mean, I get so nervous at that point...I tried at my last show to go a little away from all the crowd to work on one order at a time, but the show had already went to capooey ( at the time I felt, because my host got the wrong main ingredient, so I couldnt even make what i was supposed to demo! opps. anyway so people were just giving me their lapboards & everything. crazyness.

I encourage them to pile their orderforms on the table beside me and then go socialize...when I get to their orderform I call them in.

ANYWAY thats another thing...how do you go about your ingredients? Do you just buy them all? Do you have them buy them all? Do you have them pay you back?

The host buys them all - PC gives them a $15 hostess cresit to offset the cost of ingredients

Jilleysue said:

It has happened to me on occasion - Jill, remind me to tell you about the Brazilian woman in Parkland...
Anyway - usually it's not such a major issue -- if they get pre-grated cheese rather than block, I fake it and pretend I grated it w/the grater before the guests arrived - LOL
Oftentimes our recipes can be played with a bit so if they are missing something you can fudge it.

lilscrapmama said:
How many of you use note cards so you dont forget something?? I havent yet, should I?
For my first 2 shows I just brought the ingredients..and the 3rd one is the one I didnt...(that was last weekend) I have 2 shows this weekend & I just typed up the recipe list from the cookbook & printed it off for each of the host and let me know if there was something I had plenty of that they didnt need to buy that, and Im surprised at myself for doing this after what just happened last weekend, but Im hoping its okay... I also told them I will pre-make the cookie and they can just replace mine for me to keep stocked up.

Me!!
I'd be useless w/o my notecards

lilscrapmama said:

Ok here goes.....

1. I do not make the same recipe for the entire month. I actually give my hosts a choice of 3-5 recipes that I love to make and they love to eat.
2. First thing I do when I get to my show, about 45-1 hour early. I talk to my host and thank her for allowing me into her home. I see where I am going to set up and set my bag down with my lap boards and tell her again one more time what I plan to do for the show. I set out name tags, lap boards on the seat, pens also, and then I go get my stuff and set up.
3. For taking orders I usually end my demo and let everyone know that I will be available while they eat to take their orders, and to answer questions. I mention we take check, credit card and good old cash. At the beginning of my demo I remind them of the guest special and tell them every order will help the hostess earn her products for FREE, 1/2 off or at a discount and have them turn to the last page of the catalog and run through those fabulous host benefits. I set up a space to take orders or sometimes it's just right where I did my demo. My dirty dishes are packed away or sometimes I am able to wash them or my hostess washes them for me and I have them packed away in my crate. I get my calculator out and start taking orders.
4. I usually pick up the groceries and have the hostess refund me. Only veteran hosts want to get the ingredients anyway.
I do not use notecards anymore but I used to take the cookbook and the SB with me when I first started and followed the recipe as I talked then I showed off the recipe books.

Hope this helps!! Oh by the way I always play one game, or two depending on my time and give away some door prizes and dollar store stuff to my guests!!

Debbie :D

What is the purpose of sharing the outline of your shows?

The purpose of sharing the outline of our shows is to provide our consultants with a guideline for conducting successful and engaging cooking demonstrations. It helps to ensure that all necessary information and products are covered during the show, and allows for a smooth and organized presentation.

What does the outline of a show typically include?

The outline of a show typically includes a welcome and introduction, a brief overview of Pampered Chef and our products, a demonstration of 3-4 recipes using our products, and a closing with information on how to purchase products or book future shows. It may also include any special promotions or offers currently available.

Can I customize the outline of my show?

Yes, you can customize the outline of your show to fit your personal style and the needs of your audience. However, we recommend following the general structure and including all necessary information to ensure a successful and effective show.

How can I access the outline of my shows?

The outline of your shows can be found in your consultant portal under the "Resources" section. You can also contact your upline or our customer service team for assistance in accessing the outline.

Is it necessary to use the outline of my shows?

While we highly recommend following the outline of your shows, it is not mandatory. However, using the outline can help to ensure a successful and organized presentation, and may lead to increased sales and bookings. It is ultimately up to the discretion of the consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeckyTank
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
hamiltonchef
  • Shortstuff0203