• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy Hour Show & Drink Question

In summary, the host would be responsible for providing their own alcohol and mixer for the show. The cost of the box of dry mix and ingredients is $15. If the host wants to provide additional food or drinks, they are responsible for those costs.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
OK- I am trying to sort this out-

I want to do happy hour shows and promote the drinks-

My question is- they cost 5.25 per pkg on the supply order-

Now if the Host wants the drink and has lots of guests we will need more than 1 box-

Do I charge the host? I feel kinda cheap doing that but reality has it that a show can go thru 3/4 boxes easily

( I do ask for $15 ahead of the show- to shop for the ingredients, I can build a happy hour show for that incl 1 drink mix- should I mention if you want more it will be $5 a box ?? )

I would never recommend charging the host especially on things you could write off at the end of the year. That is actually what I do for every show. I bring the ingredients for the recipes I will be making and keep the receipts for income tax purposes. Also, during your demo, you are giving them a taste of our products. If they like it, they could buy and mix their own. Would you make sure everyone had more than a piece of pizza if that's what you were making? That's my thought on it.

But PC gives the host $15 for the hospitality ( ingredients)
So why would you absorb the whole cost

I rarely buy the ingredients but I do often bring extras or certain ingredients and certainly any rub/spice/sauce that we sell if it's part of what we are serving.As far as the drinks. We can only get a few each season on a supply order. I don't plan on offering this but if a host wants to serve it I'll bring one and purchase my replacement on her show or if the show is too far to go back for it I'll ask for reimbursement (my cost, not catalog price) unless the show hits a pre-stated level. I would not do more than one box. First, it's a tasting. Second, it's not a good idea to provide alcoholic drinks at a party - if something happened... If the host choose to provide other drinks that's up to her but I wouldn't open myself up to anything like that.

BethCooks4U said:
First, it's a tasting. Second, it's not a good idea to provide alcoholic drinks at a party - if something happened... If the host choose to provide other drinks that's up to her but I wouldn't open myself up to anything like that.

I do not supply alcohol- the host does that- but I would supply the non alcoholic mix

I've been to TS parties and when they have one of their drinks to try they use SMALL (and I mean small) little cups. It couldn't have been more than an ounce or two. It was those little paper cups you see at samplings in the grocery store (it might hold 6 m&ms haha).

Edit: Found a pic!

Attachments

• papercups.jpg
    papercups.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 636
nancycookspc said:
I do not supply alcohol- the host does that- but I would supply the non alcoholic mix

I get that but providing the mixer for more than one pitcher may be putting us in a gray area of responsibility.

RESPONSE TO #3 I don't give the host a gift for hosting a show for me. I explain to the hosts that me bringing the ingredients is my gift to them and they can pick what ever they want with the hospitality bonus.

OK Kathleen-
thanks-

so let me think out loud-

OK we do a happy hour I provide 1 box of dry mix and ingr for a recipe- the cost will be $15 And I explain to the host that my drink is for sampling and that she will need to supply the alcohol-
I can bring the 3 oz cups- and the host reimburse me $15- end of story

then if she wants to further the food and bev she can do that

does that sound cheap or cheesy- ???

( also I want to attract new consultants- and I do not want to burden them with extra expenses- )

1. What is a Happy Hour Show & Drink?

Happy Hour Show & Drink is a virtual event where guests can enjoy a cooking demonstration and learn about our products while sipping on their favorite drink.

2. How do I participate in a Happy Hour Show & Drink?

To participate in a Happy Hour Show & Drink, you can either host your own event or attend a show hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply invite your friends, family, or co-workers to join in on the fun!

3. What types of drinks are typically served at a Happy Hour Show & Drink?

The type of drink served at a Happy Hour Show & Drink can vary depending on the host's preferences. Some popular options include wine, cocktails, mocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages.

4. Are there any requirements for hosting a Happy Hour Show & Drink?

No, there are no specific requirements for hosting a Happy Hour Show & Drink. However, we recommend having a stable internet connection and a device to join the virtual event.

5. Can I purchase products during a Happy Hour Show & Drink?

Yes, you can purchase products during a Happy Hour Show & Drink. Our consultants will provide a link to their online store where you can browse and purchase products at your convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
bostonbelle
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
booksx2
  • varga11
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies