• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Has No Oven! Need Tips for Show, Please!

In summary, the host of the show does not have a working oven. Some recipes that have been used in the past are microwave recipes and chicken clubhouse squares. The typical number of recipes that a show host makes is 1.
BeckyTank
Hi everyone! I'm a new consultant (signed up about 3 weeks ago), and I'm having my first cooking shows this week. One of my hosts does not have a working oven. What recipes have you all used in the past for a show like this? I want to use as many tools as possible, but I'm having trouble finding recipes that do NOT require an oven!

Also, in a typical show, how many recipes do you make? I have a show on Friday (with a working oven!) and I'm doing the chicken mole pizza... should I make a dessert as well?

Any help is very much appreciated! My recruiter/director is swamped right now, as her mother is ill and she is taking care of her. I'm kind of at a loss for where to turn at the moment!

There are a TON of microwave recipes. Do you have access to a deep covered baker? You could look up some skillet recipes, or you can make something before hand and bring it. Maybe you can do the mango confetti salsa recipe?I usually do 2 recipes, but most consultants do 1. If there's a decent group, it's fun to split them up into teams.

Microwave recipes, chicken clubhouse squares (you can prebake the crust and just put the toppings on)

chefsteph07 said:
Microwave recipes, chicken clubhouse squares (you can prebake the crust and just put the toppings on)

YES. This would be good. Good recipe. And since you're new, you probably don't have it yet- so here it is (it references some older products- use what works for you! If you don't have a product, use a knife, etc.)

Clubhouse Chicken Squares

2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls ;
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened ;
2 tablespoons mayonnaise ;
1 garlic clove ;
1 teaspoon Pantry All Purpose Dill Mix *You probably don't have any yet? so regular dill will do*
2 chicken breasts cooked & chopped ;
½ small cucumber ;
2 roma tomatoes,;
½ cup block cheddar cheese ;
6 slices bacon crisply cooked, drained and crumbled,
½ c. chopped red onion.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of the Stoneware Bar Pan with the longest sides of dough across the width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker’s Roller, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasoning mix in Classic Batter Bowl; mix until smooth using Classic Scraper.
Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust using Large Spreader. Sprinkle chicken evenly over filling.

Wedge cucumber using Apple Wedger, chop with Food Chopper. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove seeds using Cooks Corer. Dice tomatoes using Chef’s Knife. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle chopped chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and bacon over filling. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Cool Veggie Pizza - prebake crust; everything else is cold or room temp

PUMPKING MAPLE CREAM TRIFLE IS SO GREAT FOR FALL. :DMaple Walnuts (optional, see Chef's Corner)1 box (14.4 oz/400 g) whole graham crackers (5x2 in./13x5 cm)1/2 cup (125 mL) plus 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup (do not use maple-flavored pancake syrup), divided1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling1/2 cup (125 mL) milk1 can (15oz) solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) (1 3/4 cups / 425 mL)2 tsp (10mL) Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend1 container (12 ox / 1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed, dividedAdditional Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend1) Soak graham crackers in syrup mixture. Prepare Maple Walnuts, if desired; set aside. Coarsely break graham crackers into Stainless (6-qt/6 L) Mixing Bowl. Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the maple syrup in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until hot. Pour hot syrup over crackers; toss to coat and set aside.2) Prepare pumpkin filling. For pumpkin filling, combine pudding mix and milk in Stainless (4-qt / 4L) Mixing Bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Add pumpkin and spice blend to pudding mixture; whisk well. Fold 2 cups (500 mL) of the whipped topping into pudding mixture; set aside.3) Prepare maple cream. For maple cream, combine remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup and remaining whipped toppping in Stainless (2-qt / 2L) Mixing Bowl; fold gently. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the maple cream and set aside for garnish.4) Assemble trifle. To assemble trifle, place one-third of the graham cracker mixture over bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with half of the pumpkin filling, spreading to edges. Top with another third of the graham cracker mixture. Top with remaining maple cream, spreading to edges. Top with remaining graham cracker mixture and pumpkin filling. Top with remaining graham cracker mixture and pumpkin filling. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with Maple Walnuts, if desired, and pipe with reserved maple cream. Sprinkle with additional spice blend, if desired.Chef's Corner
Soaking the graham crackers with hot maple syrup will soften the crackers to a cake-like consistency.To make Maple Walnuts, combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter and 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup in (10 in / 24 cm) Saute Pan. Stir over medium heat intil butter is melted. Add 1 cup (250 mL) walnut halves and cook, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes or until walnuts are evenly browned. Spread walnuts in a single layer on Parchment Paper; cool completely.Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend.U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 1/2 cup / 125 mL): Calories 180, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 2 gU.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit; 1 fat (2 carbs)

Thank you SO much, to everyone, for your help! I will use the chicken pizza recipe, and prebake the crust. Good call!!

I the year that I've been in business, I've only used the oven for a side dish or dessert. By side dish, I mean garlic bites. Everything else has been done in the microwave. There are load of recipes on here and online.

winklermom said:
I the year that I've been in business, I've only used the oven for a side dish or dessert. By side dish, I mean garlic bites. Everything else has been done in the microwave. There are load of recipes on here and online.

So do I, but unless she has the DCB, some of the more common recipes now require other products that are not in the new consultant kit yet.

That's what made me think of the squares (someone else posted it first though- not me!) or one of those types of recipes in which you make the crust then top with something.

BeckyTank said:
... I'm a new consultant (signed up about 3 weeks ago), and I'm having my first cooking shows this week.

Woo hoo! Welcome to PC & ChefSuccess!
Sounds like you are all set & going with the cold pizza and pre-baked crust.

With a non-working oven, I think all the guests would understand if you did not do a recipe. You could just show everything from your kit. Did you get the full kit or the mini kit?

How about extras? Salsa in the Manual Food Processor is lots of fun and the idea about a trifle is great, too. But you may not have those pieces.

My advice is only one recipe. If the host wants to provide extra food and feed everyone, that's up to them. Multiple recipes causes more stress, it's a longer show and some people want to get in & out quickly.

Have fun, and let us know how it goes!

The other night, I did the no bake cookie balls that are shown on the inside cover of the Holiday Mini Catalog. Huge hit!!!

Any triffle would be great for fall.

I wouldn't count on a microwave recipe because 9 times out of 10 the host has one that is too small for the DCB and not as powerful as most modern ones.

[/QUOTE]I usually do 2 recipes, but most consultants do 1. If there's a decent group, it's fun to split them up into teams.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way AND I also split the guests into teams. I absolutely LOVE the interaction I get and their reactions while they are trying tools for the first time.

The "Rush Hour Chicken Fajita" recipe is really good with the DCB in the microwave.

1. What options do I have for hosting a Pampered Chef show if I do not have access to an oven?

There are several delicious and easy recipes that can be made without an oven. Some ideas include no-bake desserts, stovetop dishes, and slow cooker meals. Our consultants can provide you with a variety of options to choose from.

2. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products if I do not have an oven?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to make cooking easier and more efficient, regardless of whether or not an oven is available. From cookware and stoneware to kitchen tools and gadgets, there are plenty of options for preparing meals without an oven.

3. Will I still be able to earn host rewards if I cannot use my oven for the show?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards based on the total sales of your show. Our consultants can help you select recipes that do not require an oven and will be sure to make your show a success.

4. Can I reschedule my show if I am unable to use my oven on the original date?

Yes, we understand that unexpected circumstances may arise. Our consultants are happy to work with you to find a new date that works for both you and your guests.

5. What are some popular Pampered Chef recipes that do not require an oven?

Some of our most popular no-oven recipes include microwave cakes, slow cooker lasagna, and stovetop mac and cheese. Our consultants can also provide you with a variety of other options to choose from based on your preferences and dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pattikake
  • Products and Tips
Replies