• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Know You Can Use a Food Chopper for Chopped Apples with the Peels On?

In summary, Gil was helping her director make apple crisp and she was given the batter bowl with graham crackers and a food chopper. She was told to just put the chopper in the batter bowl and chop away. It worked like a charm!
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
You guys probley already know this but I figured this out yesterday afternoon while preping some food for desert last night. I jsut bought the apple wedger a couple of weeks ago, and I was making a receipie that called for "chopped apples" so I thought I wonder if the food chopper would work wiht the apple peels still being on the apple yes it does work and saves a lot of time and engergy..... so you can cross sell the apple wedger and the food chopper!!! thought I would share!!!

You mean you wedge the apples and then chop them with the food chopper? I read it a few times and still don't understand!

What a great idea Leah! Never thought of that but yes it would work to use the wedger and then the food chopper to get the smaller pieces. Thanks for sharing!

i was helping my director make mom's apple crisp. she gave me the batter bowl with graham crakers and a food chopper. i asked for the cutting board to chop. she told me to just put the chopper in the batter bowl and chop away! it worked like a charm!

sarahmarie said:
i was helping my director make mom's apple crisp. she gave me the batter bowl with graham crakers and a food chopper. i asked for the cutting board to chop. she told me to just put the chopper in the batter bowl and chop away! it worked like a charm!

Yes, that does work well.... but PC doesn't guarantee it to be used that way. The glass bowl can dull the blades. I do this at home, but not at shows because I don't want to show them something that PC doesn't recommend....

pamperedharriet said:
What a great idea Leah! Never thought of that but yes it would work to use the wedger and then the food chopper to get the smaller pieces. Thanks for sharing!
Some of our recipes suggest that technique right in the recipe.

smartie pants, LOL!!

uh oh, gillian is just posting everywhere!

Use the apple wedger to wedge the apples and the use the food chopper to chop them up........ does that make sense now Gil???

I got it! I am not sure why I didn't pick up on it earlier! One of those days (weeks/months) I guess!

sarahmarie said:
uh oh, gillian is just posting everywhere!
It is my chance to catch up to Anne :) LOL!

That makes two of us Gillian..... it's my way of catching up with everyone.... LOL have to have our chat sessions..... :)

What is a food chopper and how does it work?

A food chopper is a kitchen tool used to chop, dice, and mince food quickly and efficiently. It typically consists of a bowl with sharp blades attached to a handle. To use, simply place the food in the bowl and press down on the handle to chop the food into smaller pieces.

What are some tips for using a food chopper effectively?

1. Make sure the food is cut into smaller pieces before placing it in the chopper. This will make the chopping process easier and more efficient.2. Avoid overfilling the chopper with food to prevent uneven chopping.3. Use a rocking motion when pressing down on the handle to evenly chop the food.4. For foods with tough skins, such as tomatoes, score the skin with a knife before using the chopper.5. Clean the chopper thoroughly after each use to maintain its sharpness and prolong its lifespan.

Can a food chopper be used for all types of food?

A food chopper works best for solid and semi-solid foods, such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, and cooked meats. It may not be suitable for very soft or liquid foods, such as soups or sauces.

Are there different sizes of food choppers available?

Yes, there are different sizes of food choppers available to suit different needs. Smaller choppers are ideal for chopping small quantities of food, while larger choppers are better for bigger batches. There are also multi-purpose choppers that come with interchangeable blades for different types of chopping.

What are some other uses for a food chopper?

A food chopper can also be used for making purees, dips, and spreads. It can also be used to crush crackers or cookies for pie crusts or toppings. Some choppers also come with attachments for grating or slicing food. It can also be used as a mini food processor for smaller tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefcharity