• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trick or Treat Age Limit: How Old is Too Old?

In summary, according to the speaker, the age for trick or treating should be between 10 and 12 years old. After that, it's too old.
Yeah, today was 50 degrees, broke out the electric heater tonight, not ready to turn on the gas heat just yet but it's cold out there!

Not to brag...but it actually ended up being about 80 degrees...

I think I stopped around 12 and then a bunch of friends and I went our Senior year in high school because... well - we wanted candy... LOL

Ginny, we have a lot of odd family traditions. One is Mom & Shawn Parties. Periodically I'd either order a pizza or bake a frozen one. We'd eat it on the living room floor with chips and dip while we watched movies and played board games.A Catholic friend told me about her celebration of St. Nicholas day. I turned that into a fun day to break up the long wait for our little guy from Thanksgiving to Christmas. About two weeks before Christmas he would write his letter to Santa. He would leave it out with a couple of pieces of candy for the elves. The elves would pick up his letter and leave him a small toy. He often found the candy wrappers as evidence that they enjoyed the candies.As he got older, we instituted a calendar. I have an old Avon fabric calendar. There's a pocket for each day and a little mouse that you move from day to day. When he was about 10 I started having him move the mouse. There was a little candy in each pocket. When he moved the mouse he got the candy for that day. He's 22 and still loves to do that. :)We always put the tree up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We play Christmas movies all day while we decorate. Christmas day is a slug day! We generally receive several movies as gifts. We get up and open stockings. We eat a simple breakfast of cranberry twists and coffee or cocoa and watch movies all day--occasionally napping. I make a simple meal that's usually made ahead and then just cooked or warmed up that day. Sometimes it's lasagna. Last year it was a brined, rotisseried pork roast, au gratin potatoes, roasted green beans, and tiramisu. We decided that the tiramisu needs to be a new tradition. :) Our DS has told me that these things are some of his best memories.

I went til I was 14; it was my choice to stop after that :)

chefsteph07 said:
Yeah, today was 50 degrees, broke out the electric heater tonight, not ready to turn on the gas heat just yet but it's cold out there!
I was really cold today! I don't think the rain helped. We have had snow on halloween, I really hope that is not the case this year, the girls are all about it but the baby won't last long in the cold.

I don't know where you are in Ohio, but I am by Cleveland, and the last few years has been almost balmy, so hopefully we have the same thing this year.

If they are dressed up and say Trick-or-Treat there is no age limit.

I went until freshman or sophomore year.

I feel bad for the teens... a lot of people think they are too old to go trick-or-treating but they're parents don't want them to have parties either. It's a fun holiday and they end up not being able to participate :(

raebates said:
Ginny, we have a lot of odd family traditions. One is Mom & Shawn Parties. Periodically I'd either order a pizza or bake a frozen one. We'd eat it on the living room floor with chips and dip while we watched movies and played board games.

A Catholic friend told me about her celebration of St. Nicholas day. I turned that into a fun day to break up the long wait for our little guy from Thanksgiving to Christmas. About two weeks before Christmas he would write his letter to Santa. He would leave it out with a couple of pieces of candy for the elves. The elves would pick up his letter and leave him a small toy. He often found the candy wrappers as evidence that they enjoyed the candies.

As he got older, we instituted a calendar. I have an old Avon fabric calendar. There's a pocket for each day and a little mouse that you move from day to day. When he was about 10 I started having him move the mouse. There was a little candy in each pocket. When he moved the mouse he got the candy for that day. He's 22 and still loves to do that. :)

We always put the tree up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We play Christmas movies all day while we decorate.

Christmas day is a slug day! We generally receive several movies as gifts. We get up and open stockings. We eat a simple breakfast of cranberry twists and coffee or cocoa and watch movies all day--occasionally napping. I make a simple meal that's usually made ahead and then just cooked or warmed up that day. Sometimes it's lasagna. Last year it was a brined, rotisseried pork roast, au gratin potatoes, roasted green beans, and tiramisu. We decided that the tiramisu needs to be a new tradition. :)

Our DS has told me that these things are some of his best memories.

Those aren't odd traditions! I think they are beautiful. I used to scoff at tradition - but now, with my son, they mean so much to me. There are so many traditions from my childhood that ground me, and give me a sense of love and belonging. I want that for my son too. DH and I are purposely creating family traditions for our son, and already, at the ripe old age of 4, he is finding joy in those. Like the Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch visit the first Saturday in October. He remembers from last year, and can hardly wait to go tomorrow!

And as far as trick or treating goes - I think that as long as they make an attempt at a costume, and go door to door - even if it's in a joking sort of way - there is still a bit of child in them that isn't ready to completely give in to adulthood....so let them be kids for as long as possible. I give them all treats!

13-I feel that if his behavior is good and that if he wants to do it, let him.He will probably feel left out if he is not included.

Kitchen2u said:
Personally, I think 6th grade and under....some of those middle school kids are like adult size!

The onle that GRIPE MY BUTT are the moms who push the babies in the stroller! Give me a break...sorry for being Negative Nellie hear, but REALLY?

My house in my neighborhood is known for the "lady who gives out FULL SIZE candy bars." I started to get LINES out to the street...got smart last year...If I don't know you (aka if you're not a neighborhood kid I know), no full size for you...

I took my daughter at 10 months, but only to those in the neighborhood that we are friends with. I knew that they would want to see the baby in her butterfly costume.

Okay, Becky, if those traditions weren't odd enough for you, how about the annual viewing of The Furry Guy's uncle's favorite holiday films: Die Hard and Die Harder? That odd enough for you?

raebates said:
Okay, Becky, if those traditions weren't odd enough for you, how about the annual viewing of The Furry Guy's uncle's favorite holiday films: Die Hard and Die Harder? That odd enough for you?

LOL....um yeah, nothing like a Die Hard marathon to really put you in that Holiday mood.:p

Hey, they're set at Christmas. The third and fourth installments broke from the holiday theme.

kmschroll2001 said:
I took my daughter at 10 months, but only to those in the neighborhood that we are friends with. I knew that they would want to see the baby in her butterfly costume.

That's different...YES, your family and friends want to see the babies in costume and YES, they ARE SOOOOOOOOOO cute! I'm talking about the babies going door-to-door for the candy...actually the parents who want the candy.

raebates said:

That is sooo funny!

If they are in costume...they get candy...I figure I rather have the high school and middle school age out trick or treating then running around out in the streets doing something else..my daugher who was 17 and a senior last year gathered a whole group up and they went out with the most creative costumes...they had a blast...she loves halloween and is begging our whole family to dress up like disney characters together...
Their high school really gets into it...they get to all dress up for school and even the teachers do...they have a huge assembly and do all kinds of events for the day...it something that is a huge tradition here at the school and the kids really get into it...I'ver heard they even dress up now at our community college...how fun to stay a kid for as long as possible!!!!!

I was debating this with my DD who is 11 and wants to be Hannah Montana, I'm glad that Halloween is on a Friday this year!

<h2>What is the general age limit for trick or treating?</h2><p>There is no specific age limit for trick or treating. Many communities and parents leave it up to personal discretion and individual maturity levels. </p><h2>At what age do children typically stop trick or treating?</h2><p>Most children stop trick or treating around the ages of 12 or 13, as they become more interested in other Halloween activities or may feel too old to participate.</p><h2>Is it okay for teenagers to continue trick or treating?</h2><p>Ultimately, it depends on the individual teenager and their behavior. As long as they are respectful and following the rules of the neighborhood, there is no harm in teenagers trick or treating. </p><h2>Are there any safety concerns for older trick or treaters?</h2><p>As with any age group, safety should always be a top priority. Older trick or treaters should always stay in well-lit areas, travel in groups, and be cautious of potential hazards such as traffic and strangers. </p><h2>What are some alternative activities for older kids who no longer want to trick or treat?</h2><p>There are many fun and festive activities for older kids to participate in on Halloween, such as attending a haunted house, hosting a costume party, or volunteering at a local community event. They can also help younger siblings or neighbors with trick or treating, or stay home and hand out candy to trick or treaters. </p>

What is the general age limit for trick or treating?

There is no specific age limit for trick or treating. Many communities and parents leave it up to personal discretion and individual maturity levels.

At what age do children typically stop trick or treating?

Most children stop trick or treating around the ages of 12 or 13, as they become more interested in other Halloween activities or may feel too old to participate.

Is it okay for teenagers to continue trick or treating?

Ultimately, it depends on the individual teenager and their behavior. As long as they are respectful and following the rules of the neighborhood, there is no harm in teenagers trick or treating.

Are there any safety concerns for older trick or treaters?

As with any age group, safety should always be a top priority. Older trick or treaters should always stay in well-lit areas, travel in groups, and be cautious of potential hazards such as traffic and strangers.

What are some alternative activities for older kids who no longer want to trick or treat?

There are many fun and festive activities for older kids to participate in on Halloween, such as attending a haunted house, hosting a costume party, or volunteering at a local community event. They can also help younger siblings or neighbors with trick or treating, or stay home and hand out candy to trick or treaters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Denarella
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • babywings76